Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: 22-23 NCAA Basketball Season

Post by ousdahl »

oh damn, Al you just beat me.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

wouldn't that be the definition of institutional control?
digitalkookie

Post by digitalkookie »

Surely something has to come out of this situation, right?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh come on you guys, it’s not like they ate the impermissible bbq or something.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Guns don't kill people. Husbands that come home early from work do
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:46 pm Big yikes from Nate Oats.

https://twitter.com/robdauster/status/1 ... C9tUgK4mZw
Can/will someone please explain to me why he's still playing basketball and how if he provided the gun he's not considered an accessory or accomplice?

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... d-shooting
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

How is this guy still on the team?

Oats and Beard seemed like good candidates if Self hung them up but not anymore.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Tennessee goes down, again.

Weird year. They looked like a top 5 team a month ago.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I still would prefer not to see them again.

Our weakness is more our offense, not our defense, and they have one of the top defenses in the country.
The three biggest looses we had ( where we honestly weren't even in it ) came to teams with top notch defenses.
Deleted User 863

They're definitely in the group of teams that I think has a chance to win it all.
digitalkookie

Post by digitalkookie »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:51 am Can/will someone please explain to me why he's still playing basketball and how if he provided the gun he's not considered an accessory or accomplice?
I would like to hear that explanation as well
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We've suspended guys for DUI's, getting in fights with KU football players, shooting BB guns, fucking on the AFH floor, missing court dates for unpaid parking tickets, getting caught with bongs, kicking car doors.

We've kicked guys off the team for being crazy, getting stabbed and pulling women by their hair out of their dorm rooms.

Buying and bringing a gun which was then used to murder someone seems worse than all of that to me.

"There had been a dispute earlier between the parties that centered on Harris not being interested in talking with Davis, who allegedly told officers he was so drunk on tequila that he doesn’t recall a thing. An argument ensued — “It got a little elevated,” Det. Branden Culpepper testified, according to AL.com.

It was about to get even more elevated. When Miller arrived, Miles and Davis got in his car, according to testimony. It was there that Miles took the gun and then handed it to Davis, telling him, "There’s one in the head,” a reference, police testified, to a bullet being in the chamber.

With the gun in his hand, Davis walked up and “began firing through the driver’s side window of the Jeep,” AL.com reported. “He fired at least eight shots, some of them while running in an arc from the driver’s side around the back of the vehicle.”

Harris’ boyfriend used his own gun to return fire, hitting both Davis in the shoulder and Miller’s Dodge Charger twice. The boyfriend then was able to drive the Jeep away. He soon spotted a police car and, seeking help, stopped at the nearby Walk of Champions in front of Bryant-Denny Stadium.

Harris, the mother of a 5-year-old boy, was pronounced dead at the scene."

https://sports.yahoo.com/alabamas-brand ... 07398.html
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

If Miller was just a bit player coming off the bench he would have already been kicked off the team.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

man, if only there was a reporter out there who loves writing about children, the underprivileged and all types of crime and mayhem...this is your time to shine, Laura Bauer!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Wrong spot, wrong time.

Totally.
Just drove to the scene of the crime and provided the murder weapon and was there when the murder happened.
NBD.
Deleted User 863

“We knew about that,” Oats said. “Can’t control everything anybody does outside of practice. Nobody knew that was going to happen. College kids are out, Brandon hasn’t been in any type of trouble nor is he in any type of trouble in this case. Wrong spot at the wrong time.”

No thanks to Nate Oats. What an idiot.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Coaches always say "We can't control what anybody does after practice" That is true with smaller levels of college athletics. Not D1. They have meals, board, study halls, tutors and so much more all available to them without hesitation. They want control and they have a ton of control.

As Hoopla says, it seems to be an institutional control issue for that program.

I was a big Oats fan, now he's just gross.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

Win at all costs!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:56 am Wrong spot, wrong time.

Totally.
Just drove to the scene of the crime and provided the murder weapon and was there when the murder happened.
NBD.
And from the sounds of it, used his own car to try to block the victim's potential exit.