Super Bowl LVII

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Super Bowl LVII

Post by Sparko »

I felt like the SB had a Ravens game vibe. In retrospect, it was more of a Chargers one. Especially with the 4th Down tries. Philly had a small window to get to the big game without injuries in an easy season. Next year that script has flipped. Tough schedule ahead. They lost their OC and DC. Hurts running the ball is intoxicating. But you can't allow yourself to take the path to Lamar Jackson.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:36 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:36 am Jalen Hurts is the real deal.
He is like Lamar Jackson before the Ravens went on that Super Bowl binge. What could go wrong?
https://twitter.com/kseaboldt/status/16 ... 4_cZ_aSWNg
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

kubowler99 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:45 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:29 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:07 pm It’s why it’s probably better, even though Hurts market is very high coming off a game like this, to lock him in for a long term deal now, before the cap continues to increase and QBs salaries continue to climb.

CnB ( I hope he posts again ) has spoken of how massive Mahomes contract was but how good a deal it was bc of the length and the growth of the NFL.
Here's where I disagree. While it's true that extending Hurts NEXT offseason would likely be more expensive than doing it THIS offseason, in my opinion, the incremental increase in cost would be worth (for me) getting another cheap year (and pushing off the long-term commitment until he gets through next year healthy).

If you tie up ~15% of the cap in Hurts, and he gets severely injured and/or his performance diminishes...you're screwed.
I'm kinda with jfish on this one. Not only do the Eagles have to manage 7 defensive starters becoming free agents, they only have 6 draft picks this year. Granted 2 1st rounders, but still...only 6 total. Paying Hurts this offseason could really hamstring them not only for the 2023 season, but for the next 3 to 5 years. They might need his rookie contract for one more year to field a team that can make a deep playoff push.

It's quite possible they look to use the 10th pick (or both) to trade back in the draft and pick up a few more picks in later rounds to offset a Hurts deal, but you have to be pretty confident those new-found later-round picks are going to hit like the Chiefs did this past draft.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ea ... 3fe57ea96c

The impacts of not signing Hurts:
"I love Philly," Brown jokingly said. "And what I'm about to say: You do not pay this man, just ship me off wherever he's (about to) go. Listen, so you're talking about pressure? Howie, get it done."
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Franchise him. They need to pick up some draft picks like Fish said in any event.