Site Admin

Re: Kansas vs Texas Official Game Thread, for the Title

Post by pdub »

Sprint Center is shitty and cursed.
If we don’t get 1 seed Midwest, nbd.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Felt like the Auburn or SC loses. looked like grown man playing little kids. Got whatever they wanted at any time.

It is pretty clear that over half of KU’s bench won’t be (and shouldn’t be) on the roster next year.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

holidaysmore wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:17 pm

It is pretty clear that over half of KU’s bench won’t be (and shouldn’t be) on the roster next year.
Sad, but true. Unfortunately I don't think more than 1 or 2 will leave.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:03 pm Goes to show how much home court in KC means in a tourney setting. No impact.
On a semi related note, about 15,000 Indiana fans in the United Center last night. They were great. Had a huge impact.
They showed up today. They didn't matter. Hoosiers laid a turd.

Moving on....
Sorry folks, valid excuses or not, a team loses by 20 in their last game going in to the tournament, they probably don't deserve the #1 overall seed.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Transfer predictions: clemence, pettiford, cuffe, and maybe yesefu
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:21 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:03 pm Goes to show how much home court in KC means in a tourney setting. No impact.
On a semi related note, about 15,000 Indiana fans in the United Center last night. They were great. Had a huge impact.

Moving on....
Sorry folks, valid excuses or not, a team loses by 20 in their last game going in to the tournament, they probably don't deserve the #1 overall seed.
Their resume far and away still deserves it. Seedings aren't rankings.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I believe Yes has a role on this roster but the rest of those guys need to be gone as soon as the season ends. Loved BPJr’s game when he first got here but it’s very clear he isn’t a Big 12 caliber player.
Holidaysmore - 2005
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

holidaysmore wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:27 pm I believe Yes has a role on this roster but the rest of those guys need to be gone as soon as the season ends. Loved BPJr’s game when he first got here but it’s very clear he isn’t a Big 12 caliber player.
If Elmarko Jackson rolls onto campus and looks really good in summer pick up games, I wouldn't be surprised to see Yesefu transfer. But maybe he thinks he will be Agbaji in 2 years and sticks around.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We will see.
I think Self sees the same thing I see in Pettiford.
I think he has looked bad recently for sure. But I think he’s back next season.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

When pettiford first got here self said he would be the next great ku guard. When jamari Traylor first got here self said he would play in the NBA someday. Self can't always see the future
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:26 pm

Moving on....
Resume - maybe. But I don't believe they are "far and away" the best team in the country.
Heck, after losing by 20 in one game and 16 in another, I'm trying to figure out if/how Kansas is better than Texas.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

17-6 Quad 1 v 13-8.
Won the toughest league on the country.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

If pettiford gets a jumpshot he could be a dramatically different offensive player. It would help make up for his lack of size. And would make driving easier for him. But that's a big if. His shot is bad. Jumpshots don't just develop overnight. We said the same thing about Marcus Garrett his entire career, and the jumpshot never came
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We know you hate Pettiford.
We get it.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:38 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:26 pm

Moving on....
Resume - maybe. But I don't believe they are "far and away" the best team in the country.
Heck, after losing by 20 in one game and 16 in another, I'm trying to figure out if/how Kansas is better than Texas.
Kansas isn't better than Texas. But kansas has a better resume. Texas had a coaching change during the season, they had a weird year. Texas roster is stacked though. Coming into the season I thought they would win the big 12 with beard, they could've. Self had one of his best coaching jobs ever this year to win the league
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

We don't know if Pettiford will be at KU next year. He may want to go somewhere else instead of playing behind DH for his last 2 years.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:40 pm We know you hate Pettiford.
We get it.
I dont hate him. I just don't think he's good enough to be a guard in the big 12, let alone Kansas. He will always be undersized in this league, but little players can overcome that if they are exceptionally quick or skilled. Hes kind of quick, not skilled at all. He desperately needs a shot. Desperately. Or he is always going to hold us back. And he's a defensively liability because of his size. His defense is ok. He's a smart player.

But be honest, right now he's undersized can't shoot can't guard and is somewhat turnover prone. That's not the kind of guard you have high hopes for.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:43 pm We don't know if Pettiford will be at KU next year. He may want to go somewhere else instead of playing behind DH for his last 2 years.
Lets hope. We have a couple big athletic guards coming in next year. Pettiford being here will just slow their development
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I don't think MJ Rice is here next year.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Pettiford is Harris’s height and is taller than your boi Yesufu.

His shooting percentages are better than Yesufus.