These stupid trucks are literally killing us

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: These stupid trucks are literally killing us

Post by TDub »

DrPepper wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:58 pm Weird. To me it is transportation. I don’t go for that freedom, big dick, shtick they sell. I own a car that is probably less than a pair of Denali headlights. It doesn’t drive itself. But I don’t think we need more cars without drivers; we need more drivers without cars. Both of my houses are within walking distance of public transportation.
good for you, that doesn't work for a lot of the country
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:03 am
and special tools

no longer will a wrench and socket set get the job done
Mercedes puts weird size torx head screws on the license plate holder! I go to put the registration sticker on, and a good portion of it is underneath the license plate holder. Fortunately my neighbor across the street had the bit for that size (yes, he’s weird also, especially for having really esoteric tools). Also fortuitous that the thread was a regular metric thread. Replaced it with Phillips head screws from the Orange Store.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

torx arent odd. Torx are probably the most common screw head anymore. T25 and T20 in particular

They are also way better than flats or Phillips.
Just Ledoux it
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Weirdness wasn’t the torx, it was the size. My set is more weighted on the smaller side….don’t remember if my set only went to T20 and it was a T25, or if my largest was T25 and this was larger.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yknow what's comical about this thread
besides the MHGC proudly parading around?

People railing against trucks while speaking freely about their multiple houses.

People going on and on about how superior they are for their choices...essentially accepting and passing on the lies that this environmental disaster forthcoming is the responsibility of the individuals...that we and our stretched thin, up to our necks struggling society choices of what to drive have caused this mess. That my single plastic straw , my tank of gas is directly THE reason the carbon emissions are at unprecedented levels.

Meanwhile the corporations laugh as they pass theyre expenses and their blame onto your shoulders and make you feel like the superior ones for shouldering that blame. China, India, the Phillipines.....until they get control of their own industries my work truck that I need to make a living makes absofuckinglotely zero difference in the grand scheme of the situation.

Get a grip and saddle up.
Just Ledoux it
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

TDub wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:04 am
TDub wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:48 am This is why I like old trucks. I can work on them myself, parts are reasonable. Lots of times I can got to the junkyard and pull the part I need.

These new computer cars are not user friendly, repair/maintenance friendly. You need a damn computer to diagnose anything and specialty one of a kind parts to fit anything....nothing is universal anymore.
and special tools

exactly why most mechanics won't work on BMWs. BMW (and others now im sure) uses a proprietary bolt head size that requires you to buy a proprietary BMW wrench/ratchet set at extraordinarily high cost. Normal metric/standard wrench sets will not fit their bolts. Its fucking dumb.

Do Whitworth wrenches ring a bell? If you know, you know.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

defixione wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:23 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:04 am
and special tools

exactly why most mechanics won't work on BMWs. BMW (and others now im sure) uses a proprietary bolt head size that requires you to buy a proprietary BMW wrench/ratchet set at extraordinarily high cost. Normal metric/standard wrench sets will not fit their bolts. Its fucking dumb.

Do Whitworth wrenches ring a bell? If you know, you know.
ugh Whitworth and their stupid shank sizing.
Just Ledoux it
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

My second house is how I make a buck too. It is a rental. I have lived in both of them (NOT at the same time).
I don’t think anyone has an issue with a big truck if you need a big truck. It is those that have big trucks for hauling groceries, kids, or maybe a key to work. That kind of use is unsafe for the others on the road and is perpetuated by tax and legislative loopholes that bypass both safety and environmental criteria that other vehicles abide by.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

you've made your point. Ive made mine. At this point its running around in circles.

Jayhawks sucked today. The next 6 need to be better.
Just Ledoux it
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

TDub wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:37 pm yknow what's comical about this thread

People railing against trucks while speaking freely about their multiple houses.

People going on and on about how superior they are for their choices...essentially accepting and passing on the lies that this environmental disaster forthcoming is the responsibility of the individuals...that we and our stretched thin, up to our necks struggling society choices of what to drive have caused this mess. That my single plastic straw , my tank of gas is directly THE reason the carbon emissions are at unprecedented levels.

Meanwhile the corporations laugh as they pass theyre expenses and their blame onto your shoulders and make you feel like the superior ones for shouldering that blame. China, India, the Phillipines.....until they get control of their own industries my work truck that I need to make a living makes absofuckinglotely zero difference in the grand scheme of the situation.

Sound post.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:37 pm yknow what's comical about this thread

I’ve watched most of this thread and really haven’t seen a lot of environmental moralizing?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ok, not sure how youve missed it but....thats fine.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

There's been plenty -- just not as much as one might have expected.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:16 am There's been plenty -- just not as much as one might have expected.
I think there's another thread somewhere solely dedicated to that
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TDub wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:27 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:16 am There's been plenty -- just not as much as one might have expected.
Is it the one about religion making people dum?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:04 am
TDub wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:27 am
Is it the one about religion making people dum?
actually, I think there's about 28 of them.
Just Ledoux it