Welcome Bobby Pettiford Jr

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Welcome Bobby Pettiford Jr

Post by randylahey »

Beleive it or not. Yesefu put up bigger scoring numbers at drake than Kyle Lowry ever did at Villanova
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Lowrys nba success was a huge surprise. In college he was a short stocky athletic guard who averaged 11pts a game his best season lol
Last edited by randylahey on Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Doubling down on Yesufu eventually being Kyle Lowry.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:43 am Ah, it’s Bills fault.
I wasn't trying to assign fault necessarily

I was just commenting on the fact that it's an anomaly for two doods (3 if you count Zach) sticking around for 2 years yet still exhibiting no development.

Most of the time, players look better as sophomores than they did as freshmen, injuries and external factors notwithstanding.

Except for those 3, and I guess Wayne Selden?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I was speaking to randy's "Bill neutered Yesufu" comment.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:29 am Doubling down on Yesufu eventually being Kyle Lowry.
In no way did I do that. Just saying that similarities were there.

Its no different than all the Bobby pettiford/frank Mason comparisons we were hearing 2 years ago. Things don't always pan out though. Even Bill self was wrong about pettiford
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Was Bill actually wrong about Pettiford or does Pettiford think Bill was wrong about him? He might actually have taken a leap forward over the summer (stranger things have happened) despite how he looked late this season. It will be interesting to see where he ends up and how he performs there.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:51 am
pdub wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:29 am Doubling down on Yesufu eventually being Kyle Lowry.
In no way did I do that. Just saying that similarities were there.

Its no different than all the Bobby pettiford/frank Mason comparisons we were hearing 2 years ago. Things don't always pan out though. Even Bill self was wrong about pettiford
This is all a fairly obvious logical error (not recognizing things like Lowry and Mason for being what they are: exceptions that prove rules).

Bill has done that to himself, obviously, by being something of an exception factory.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Or maybe it shows just how small of a margin there is at that level between being good and being great. To be great a lot of things need to work out for you

Like finding a role and not losing your confidence, or not getting hurt and developing your jumpshot