22-23 NCAA Basketball Season

Kansas Basketball.
Mjl

Re: 22-23 NCAA Basketball Season

Post by Mjl »

Creighton, Miami, and UConn. I need those three in the final four and I get paid. Might be ok with Texas instead of Miami as long as Miami wins tonight.
shindig

Post by shindig »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:52 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:40 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:27 am

A sizeable chunk of their fanbase have treated KU fans, coaches and players like shot and I hope they suffer season after season. I do not want them to have anything enjoyable because they are insufferable jerks.

I am sure I can find other non-KU teams who are fun to watch and who play hard. Screw them.
i was trying to explain this to my wife

she made a comment about how it’d be nice for them since they’ve never won it
Some people don't take the vitriol as personally as I do, I suppose. KSU fans have said some downright nasty things about and towards KU hoops, our coach, our players and our fans. I don't ever forget that. I hope that KSU fans go the rest of their lives never having celebrated a Final Four or national title. Good for them getting to the Elite Eight; I hope they lose right at the cusp and that it really stings because this caliber of season isn't going to happen all that often for them.
It’s an instate rivalry, we talk shit on them and they talk shit on us. Not near the hatred that’s between KU and Fizzou. I’d never root for Misery. I know a lot of KState fans/alums and rarely hear anything negative about KU.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

It’s basically underdog time for me
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:52 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:40 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:27 am

A sizeable chunk of their fanbase have treated KU fans, coaches and players like shot and I hope they suffer season after season. I do not want them to have anything enjoyable because they are insufferable jerks.

I am sure I can find other non-KU teams who are fun to watch and who play hard. Screw them.
i was trying to explain this to my wife

she made a comment about how it’d be nice for them since they’ve never won it
Some people don't take the vitriol as personally as I do, I suppose. KSU fans have said some downright nasty things about and towards KU hoops, our coach, our players and our fans. I don't ever forget that. I hope that KSU fans go the rest of their lives never having celebrated a Final Four or national title. Good for them getting to the Elite Eight; I hope they lose right at the cusp and that it really stings because this caliber of season isn't going to happen all that often for them.
Man, and I thought I knew how to hold a grudge.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

Wife, Dad, Mom, brother are all KU grads, brother's kid is undergrad at KU now. They all cheer against state, hate to see them win. They are as upset with a state win as they are a Jayhawk loss. They would like 2coach...
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I have no issues with K-State players (not a fan of Keyontae Johnson, though) but I hate K-State fans.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This.

I’m letting my winnings ride on ksu all the way through the tourney.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:21 pm I have no issues with K-State players (not a fan of Keyontae Johnson, though) but I hate K-State fans.
Wait, why Johnson? I really like watching him. His near-death thing seems to give him such love for what he's doing. Not sure I've seen a player get so much joy out of playing.
shindig

Post by shindig »

ramjet wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:19 pm Wife, Dad, Mom, brother are all KU grads, brother's kid is undergrad at KU now. They all cheer against state, hate to see them win. They are as upset with a state win as they are a Jayhawk loss. They would like 2coach...
Let it go, life is better, it’s just a game. I would rather see Kstate win it all versus Tejas. Fvcking hook ‘‘em horns can leave the Big12 losers and never hear about them again.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Terry about to hired at Texas. Good for them and him.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KSU: moot rings.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:31 pm This.

I’m letting my winnings ride on ksu all the way through the tourney.