March Madness 23

Kansas Basketball.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: March Madness 23

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:10 pm Thats not sexist either so don't pull that card. The truth of it is men tend to be a lot more interested in men's sports than women are in women sports
Is anyone accusing you of sexism?

That said, isn’t there some inherent bias in the way you’re presenting the point? Doesn’t it assume that women’s sports can only gain in market share if women develop affinity levels for women’s sports so as to catch up with men’s affinity levels for men’s sports?

What if men increase their affinity level for women’s sports? This already happens in soccer. I would guess the same is true for tennis and gymnastics and other Olympic sports (figure skating? Downhill sports?).

The NIL market bears this out, too.

My point is: women’s sports are on the ascent. And it doesn’t have to come (1) at the expense of men’s sports, or (2) solely or even primarily out of a change in women’s affinity levels.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Women's sports will ( and are ascending ) ascend rather than decline.

The NIL market, on the other hand, has some other stuff going on with it of course, i.e. many of the top NIL earners on the women's side may be easy to look at.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:41 pm Women's sports will ( and are ascending ) ascend rather than decline.

The NIL market, on the other hand, has some other stuff going on with it of course, i.e. many of the top NIL earners on the women's side may be easy to look at.
Sure. And good for them for getting paid for it, in my opinion.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The women have broken out of the UCONN Tennessee strangle hold.