Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Shirley »

Hey, look! Just what Americans care most about, and want their representatives to spend their time on.

Today In: Fascist Racism!

Or, is it: Racist Fascism!?

https://twitter.com/0liviajulianna/stat ... wsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/ZacaMesaSix/status/ ... wsrc%5Etfw
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Good kids
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Critical Race Theory in action.
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I hope there’s a boycott of everything Tennessee. I hope the Grizzlies stop playing home games
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

zsn wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:22 am I hope there’s a boycott of everything Tennessee. I hope the Grizzlies stop playing home games
I'd love to see that too.
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/07/us/new-m ... index.html

Not a mass shooting, just yet another example of the unexpected result of having a weapon in your home. Answer the door without a gun and this guy wakes up and has a funny story about the cops going to the wrong house. Instead, he is dead.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:40 am
zsn wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:22 am I hope there’s a boycott of everything Tennessee. I hope the Grizzlies stop playing home games
I'd love to see that too.
This petty and insecure freakout by the Tennessee Rs is going to be quite the Pyrrhic victory.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:40 am https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/07/us/new-m ... index.html

Not a mass shooting, just yet another example of the unexpected result of having a weapon in your home. Answer the door without a gun and this guy wakes up and has a funny story about the cops going to the wrong house. Instead, he is dead.
A few months ago, I was with my son picking up a classmate of his for a wrestling tournament. Something like 445am, so still pitch black.

The teammate doesn’t come out with texts or a ringing of the doorbell. My son says the door is usually left unlocked, should he go in to wake his friend up.

The house has the full MAGA kit - blue lives matter flag, punisher sticker, and so on.

Hell no, not having my kid walk in, in the dark, unannounced.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:13 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:40 am https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/07/us/new-m ... index.html

A few months ago, I was with my son picking up a classmate of his for a wrestling tournament. Something like 445am, so still pitch black.

The teammate doesn’t come out with texts or a ringing of the doorbell. My son says the door is usually left unlocked, should he go in to wake his friend up.

The house has the full MAGA kit - blue lives matter flag, punisher sticker, and so on.

Gee, how funny would it have been if you had a Black kid in your car and sent the Black kid to go in and wake up the friend? :?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:29 am
jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:13 am

Gee, how funny would it have been if you had a Black kid in your car and sent the Black kid to go in and wake up the friend? :?
"Funny" may not be the word for it but it did probably make some thoughts go through his head that many black people have to think about on a pretty regular basis.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ike skelton?

is there anything more ozark?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

More rube 2nd amendment fuck nuttery here in MO. The dude in the photo standing in front of the podium channeling his inner Wyatt Earp fantasy is a nice touch. The photo also seems to suggest a correlation between androgenic alopecia and county sheriffing. I understand that this condition may lead to anxiety, depression and emotional stress. Maybe some counseling would help these guys come to grips with their short comings.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-strike ... 59183.html
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’d say he’s got more of a Virgil Earp fantasy, as played by the incomparable Sam Elliot

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Didn't Kansas attempt to do that when Obummer was gonna take everyone's guns away?
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:51 am i’d say he’s got more of a Virgil Earp fantasy, as played by the incomparable Sam Elliot

love Sam elliot...

but I was always more of a Doc Holliday guy myself
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:30 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:51 am i’d say he’s got more of a Virgil Earp fantasy, as played by the incomparable Sam Elliot

love Sam elliot...

me too (but Val Kilmer’s Doc, not the one from the Wyatt Earp movie with Costner)
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:39 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:30 pm

love Sam elliot...

me too (but Val Kilmer’s Doc, not the one from the Wyatt Earp movie with Costner)
oh yea...Tombstone Doc all the way
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I have two guns...
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »