Another mass shooting

Ugh.
PhDhawk

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:59 am
randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:54 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:51 am

“The armed adults couldn’t prevent it. The only solution is OBVIOUSLY to arm the children, too.”
Thats a really dumb statement. Everytime there is an active school shooter how do we stop it? We send in men with guns. And it does save lives
And SOMETIMES those men even go in!

The very first thing that responsible adults would do, is to prevent mass shootings from occurring so often in the first place. It’s absolutely absurd to say that reducing easy access to assault weapons would NOT reduce the number of people shot to death with assault weapons.

(It’s here I will note, also, that reducing easy access to assault weapons would BY NO MEANS stop us from ALSO having more armed guards, hardening entry/exit points, and so on.)
You just don't get it dude. There just aren't enough guns.

When guns are the problem, the solution is to throw more guns at it.

Eventually it will get better, but we don't have enough guns in enough hands. When we do, you'll look the fool.

There's a threshold level of guns that will make us safe, we just haven't hit it yet.

I mean, for chrissake, we haven't even talked about arming the children! How have we overlooked this? The teachers need guns, the bus drivers, the custodial staff, the secretaries, the administrators...I mean it's clear they all need guns. Let's arm the students as well.

It's the ONLY logical solution.

If everyone had a gun, it's like no one had a gun, and if no one had a gun...wait, wait, let me rethink this.

Err..guns = safety. Therefore, more guns = more safer.
Last edited by PhDhawk on Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:56 pm When you are a rifle hammer, everything is oppression and percussion caps.
I think it's really important to understand that this superheated, give-me-assault-rifles-or-give-me-death nonsense is the inevitable (and intended) result of the long-term stoking of the culture war flames by R-aligned media.

There's a clear through line - freakouts about migrant caravans, breathless panics over crime-infested cities, paranoia about others (and, see randy's tantrum yesterday, other-allies), and so on.

Keep pushing and pushing and pushing the narrative that it's everyone for himself, government is coming for ya, other is coming for ya...it makes people nutty.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:38 pm
Sparko wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:56 pm When you are a rifle hammer, everything is oppression and percussion caps.
I think it's really important to understand that this superheated, give-me-assault-rifles-or-give-me-death nonsense is the inevitable (and intended) result of the long-term stoking of the culture war flames by R-aligned media.

There's a clear through line - freakouts about migrant caravans, breathless panics over crime-infested cities, paranoia about others (and, see randy's tantrum yesterday, other-allies), and so on.

Keep pushing and pushing and pushing the narrative that it's everyone for himself, government is coming for ya, other is coming for ya...it makes people nutty.
Don't forget that CA and NY (or any large population centers or towns with an elite university) are cesspools of sin and violent crimes that we wish would just disappear into the ocean.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

zsn wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:49 am I asked a question a few pages ago and didn’t receive an answer. Do the randys of the world believe that there are any limitations to the Second Amendment? Given that they don’t believe that there should be any restrictions on the purchase and possession of an AR-15, should I be able to freely purchase and walk around with a loaded grenade launcher? Why/why not?

Do tactical nuclear weapons qualify as “arms” under the Second Amendment? Is my inability to obtain one a violation of rights granted to me by the Constitution?

The Founding Fathers have been wrong about a few things when they framed the Constitution. Could they have possibly been erroneous with the Second Amendment also, along the lines of three-fifths people and women voting?
Do you feel grenades and nukes fall under "the right of the people to keep and bear arms"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:22 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:01 pm Give me one good reason why any citizen should be able to (and can) go to a "local" gun "dealership" and purchase an AR-15 to use and shoot innocent people.
Something something freedom from tyranny don't tread on me the British are coming the British are coming.
Mocking the people who died so you could have freedoms. Classy. The freedoms to even have these discussions aren't guaranteed in many parts of the world
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:47 pm
zsn wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:49 am I asked a question a few pages ago and didn’t receive an answer. Do the randys of the world believe that there are any limitations to the Second Amendment? Given that they don’t believe that there should be any restrictions on the purchase and possession of an AR-15, should I be able to freely purchase and walk around with a loaded grenade launcher? Why/why not?

Do tactical nuclear weapons qualify as “arms” under the Second Amendment? Is my inability to obtain one a violation of rights granted to me by the Constitution?

The Founding Fathers have been wrong about a few things when they framed the Constitution. Could they have possibly been erroneous with the Second Amendment also, along the lines of three-fifths people and women voting?
Do you feel grenades and nukes fall under "the right of the people to keep and bear arms"
Bruh, you've said it yourself. We gotta be able to defend ourselves against foreign enemies.

Hell yes, grenades and nukes are part of my god given right to bare arms! You think I'm gonna be able to take down the Sri Lanken army with a couple AR-15s. Bro, they got tanks. I'm gonna need some surface to air missiles, some 37 mm gun M3 i's to take out those tanks, Probably ought to think about getting a boat, we're gonna need a navy of our own when the shit hits the fan. I been studying battleship, you think it's better to go for a destroyer or a cruiser.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:53 pm

Bruh, you've said it yourself. We gotta be able to defend ourselves against foreign enemies.

Hell yes, grenades and nukes are part of my god given right to bare arms! You think I'm gonna be able to take down the Sri Lanken army with a couple AR-15s. Bro, they got tanks. I'm gonna need some surface to air missiles, some 37 mm gun M3 i's to take out those tanks, Probably ought to think about getting a boat, we're gonna need a navy of our own when the shit hits the fan. I been studying battleship, you think it's better to go for a destroyer or a cruiser.
I dont think you could even take down Scott drew with nukes and grenade launchers
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:57 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:53 pm

I dont think you could even take down Scott drew with nukes and grenade launchers
I think if we put our shit together, maybe recruit Tdub and DC, we could probably take out all but the top 3 or 4 militaries out there.

I got some pretty sweet new brass knucks I wanna show you, you know, for the hand to hand shit.

What type of flags you got on your truck?

Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Isn’t it all enemies, foreign and domestic we need to protect ourselves from?

But yeah, if muskets were what was needed in 1776 for all this protection, it makes sense that bazookas, rpgs, mines of various types, access to Amazon’s (and other’s surveillance)….surprised there isn’t a subscription service for that yet, as well as being able to go to your local Kia Dealership and buy some sort of tank (not sure if the Koreans manufacture good tanks or not tbh) should all be available to the public. But, sigh, they aren’t.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:05 pm Isn’t it all enemies, foreign and domestic we need to protect ourselves from?

But yeah, if muskets were what was needed in 1776 for all this protection, it makes sense that bazookas, rpgs, mines of various types, access to Amazon’s (and other’s surveillance)….surprised there isn’t a subscription service for that yet, as well as being able to go to your local Kia Dealership and buy some sort of tank (not sure if the Koreans manufacture good tanks or not tbh) should all be available to the public. But, sigh, they aren’t.
Korean tanks are nice bruh, I'd recommend a K2 Black Panther

but you want high end, you gotta go German, so I'd suggest checking out your local Mercedes dealer, it's gonna cost you a little more, but it's worth it. You don't wanna take your chances when the United Arab Emirites invade.

You got an inside guy with that Amazon surveillance? I had a guy at google maps, but it fell through.
Last edited by PhDhawk on Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:12 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:05 pm Isn’t it all enemies, foreign and domestic we need to protect ourselves from?

but you want high end, you gotta go German, so I'd suggest checking out your local Mercedes dealer, it's gonna cost you a little more, but it's worth it. You don't wanna take your chances when the United Arab Emirites invade.
I just want one that can parallel park itself. Nevermind, I’ll just run over cars that are in my way.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:13 pm

I just want one that can parallel park itself. Nevermind, I’ll just run over cars that are in my way.
Yeah, fucking badass!

I been training on a tank simulator program. Plus I got my own tank up and running. It's not much, but I'm looking to upgrade.

Here's a buddy a mine sittin' in my tank:

He's Australian...hence the flags...Needless to say I gave him a piece of my yankee mind about it, but you know, when the shit does go down, Australians could be good allies.

Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Also, are American tanks any good? I’ve heard they are way more dependable than they where thirty years ago.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:48 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:01 pm Give me one good reason why any citizen should be able to (and can) go to a "local" gun "dealership" and purchase an AR-15 to use and shoot innocent people.
Something something freedom from tyranny don't tread on me the British are coming the British are coming.
Mocking the people who died so you could have freedoms. Classy. The freedoms to even have these discussions aren't guaranteed in many parts of the world
I have a feeling that the founding fathers didn’t really have “citizens using assault rifles to turn their own children into hamburger” in mind when drafting the Second Amendment.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:17 pm

Yeah, fucking badass!

I been training on a tank simulator program. Plus I got my own tank up and running. It's not much, but I'm looking to upgrade.

He's Australian...hence the flags...Needless to say I gave him a piece of my yankee mind about it, but you know, when the shit does go down, Australians could be good allies.
Pfffft. That looks like one of them compact models. For my brand of suburban living, I need something with a higher profile and larger wheel, err, tread base, so I feel safe taking my precious cargo to soccer practice and such.

And yeah, I know, soccer. We might as well get ourselves commie tanks!
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:21 pm

I have a feeling that the founding fathers didn’t really have “citizens using assault rifles to turn their own children into hamburger” in mind when drafting the Second Amendment.
Correct. And you know this. Not sure why you waste your time arguing back and forth with dudes like this. His opinion doesn’t matter. Gotta attack the special interest group(s) that fund most of these ‘American ideals’.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:32 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:21 pm

Correct. And you know this. Not sure why you waste your time arguing back and forth with dudes like this. His opinion doesn’t matter. Gotta attack the special interest group(s) that fund most of these ‘American ideals’.
It’s not so unlike why I shoot sporting clays. I have a good idea what will come out when I press the button, but the fun is in hitting the target.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Being a hardcore lib (rock on!!!), I’m obliged to point out that at least this seems fuel-efficient.

https://twitter.com/kaivanshroff/status ... q_-8Yt1KMA
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

PhDhawk wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:17 pm

Yeah, fucking badass!

That looser-mobile doesn't even have a gun rack
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I’m asking what you think because you’re the one who thinks that “The Right” is absolute, sacrosanct and without limits. I’m asking where your line is, if you think there is one. Yes, grenades, nukes and tanks fall under the dictionary definition of “arms”. Unless you thought that an arms-dealer is peddling mannequin parts.

You left out two important words/phrase in your quote. Well-regulated and militia. Besides, for the Originalists on the courts the line should start and end with single load muskets and pistols.