2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Post by randylahey »

Even at ecu, pettiford is going to need to develop that shot. Its hard to be a 6 foot D1 basketball player without a jumpshot
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We know.
You’ve blabbered on about it for two seasons after comparing Yesufu to Kyle Lowry and saying he might be better than Harris, Ochai and Braun.

I’ll save you the post where you say you didn’t say that:

viewtopic.php?p=181421#p181421

And I’ll save you the post after that where you say you didn’t exactly say that so you can be all coyDC but so much worse by saying this: No. You said it. It’s right there.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:26 am We know.
You’ve blabbered on about it for two seasons after comparing Yesufu to Kyle Lowry and saying he might be better than Harris, Ochai and Braun.

I’ll save you the post where you say you didn’t say that:

viewtopic.php?p=181421#p181421

And I’ll save you the post after that where you say you didn’t exactly say that so you can be all coyDC but so much worse.
At that point he was the more proven player. He had averaged over 20 a game in the ncaa tourney, those guys hadn't done shit yet on that level. I regret nothing. Youve made plenty of predictions than didnt pan out as well. Move on

Even self has. He said pettiford was going to be the next great KU guard lol
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He was coming off the bench for Drake.

Speaking of moving on, why don’t you move on from trashing Pettiford?

Jesus imagine doubling down on saying a bench player from Drake was going to be better than two starters at Kansas two of which ended up in the first round of the draft.

More proven player, 7 starts at Drake.

7 starts in 31 games in his last season does not equal half. It doesn’t even equal half of half.

And as far as predictions, specific to this convo, I had Ochai as a AA and NBA lotto after two years and started the OG Ochai thread.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:33 am He was coming off the bench for Drake.

Speaking of moving on, why don’t you move on from trashing Pettiford?

Jesus imagine doubling down on saying a bench player from Drake was going to be better than two starters at Kansas two of which ended up in the first round of the draft.

More proven player, 7 starts at Drake.
He started the 2nd half of that season. Averaged 20 a game, their leading scorer, for a month or 2 time period. Went off against a team that beat KU by 40.

That season KU wasn't good. Went 20-8. Och averaged 14 and Braun averaged 9. They were 2 years away from being the players that got drafted
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

So at that point is was reasonable to wonder if a ncaa tourney star could be as good as a trio of KU players that at that point hadn't really done anything
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Hoping that KU can land Dickinson from Michigan and Ingram from Stanford. Those two, along with getting McCullar back, and KU will be really good again next season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Post scoring, as in the option for our guy to body up and get high percentage points on his own, has always been a part of our best teams.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:44 am Hoping that KU can land Dickinson from Michigan and Ingram from Stanford. Those two, along with getting McCullar back, and KU will be really good again next season.
Me too.
Maybe you and I should schedule a call/video meeting with coach Self and tell him we're willing to open our checkbooks to help do whatever it takes to get that pair?

In the 2023 (and future) NCAA Basketball world is it more important to have a prominent "fixer" than a prominent head coach?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Closer to equal than ever.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

twocoach wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:44 am Hoping that KU can land Dickinson from Michigan and Ingram from Stanford. Those two, along with getting McCullar back, and KU will be really good again next season.
On paper, that's a top 5 team.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:36 am
On paper, that's a top 5 team.
What does it become with Self analyzing the paper and coaching the team?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i may be wrong. but i don't think this was the intended purpose of the transfer portal. for starters and all conference dudes to move about the country at their pleasure. "i think i'll play here for a season. then i'll go over there for a season. then when i'm done there, i will go here."

i don't think that is what the founding fathers intended.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:48 am i may be wrong. but i don't think this was the intended purpose of the transfer portal. for starters and all conference dudes to move about the country at their pleasure. "i think i'll play here for a season. then i'll go over there for a season. then when i'm done there, i will go here."

Most of the founding fathers were slave owners…..
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:48 am i may be wrong. but i don't think this was the intended purpose of the transfer portal. for starters and all conference dudes to move about the country at their pleasure. "i think i'll play here for a season. then i'll go over there for a season. then when i'm done there, i will go here."

It was intended to give all players the freedom to play where they want, be it role players or starters, and that is what it is doing.
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

Who gives a shit, man? It’s better for the athletes, it has probably made the sport more interesting overall, it has not diminished the average level of play, and it benefits Kansas as a premier program.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ChicagoHawk wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:03 am It’s better for the athletes, it has probably made the sport more interesting overall, it has not diminished the average level of play, and it benefits Kansas as a premier program.
Maybe, for some.
No. Not for me.
Likely true.
True.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I like that students have more ability to move without being penalized.

But, it is definitely being used much more than I'd like. (and that includes the coaches use of it)

I don't like that we re-pick teams every offseason. It's great when you have a guy who's good but doesn't fit the system (Clemence) and he can go somewhere that suits him better. But it sucks that you have SO MUCH roster upheaval every offseason.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the transfer portal is out of control.
nil is out of control.

the man will reign it in. he has to.

the kids better get theirs while the getting is good. this ain't gonna last.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Politicians thinking: "hmmm these young athletes have an awful lot of freedom and are making good money, how can we gain control over and profit off of this"