COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:17 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:07 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:48 am What prolonged the spread was our efforts to "slow the spread"... its literally in the wording

Had the virus run a more natural course everyone would've developed natural antibodies and it wouldn't have been able to linger in our population in such high volume over the next few years. Everyone still got covid anyways
The wisdom of the measures taken in the early weeks/months of the pandemic needs to be evaluated based on what was known then, not what was known later on. It's highly relevant to point out that "slow (or stop) the spread" never really had a chance in the first place...not because the science was not sound, but because King Griftalot simply did not want Covid to be real (or our "numbers" to be high).

As King Griftalot was probably the ONLY person who could have got buy-in from the rubes..."slow (or stop) the spread" was DOA. So, to the extent it didn't "work"...you need to think through exactly why that is.

This is what the rube-exploiting profiteers do: they undermine the ability of government to do anything effectively (while railing out of the other side of their mouths at the ineffectiveness of government).

It's a scam, you're the target.
"The wisdom at the beginning of the pandemic" lol. There was none. But they made shit up and forced in on everyone. And tried to silence and cancel anyone that questioned it (including highly qualified medical professionals)
Ask the do your own research crowd how hydroxychloroquine tastes.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

“forced it on everyone”

lol…pussy

nobody forced anything on me
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:48 am What prolonged the spread was our efforts to "slow the spread"... its literally in the wording

Had the virus run a more natural course everyone would've developed natural antibodies and it wouldn't have been able to linger in our population in such high volume over the next few years. Everyone still got covid anyways
The wisdom of the measures taken in the early weeks/months of the pandemic needs to be evaluated based on what was known then, not what was known later on. It's highly relevant to point out that "slow (or stop) the spread" never really had a chance in the first place...not because the science was not sound, but because King Griftalot simply did not want Covid to be real (or our "numbers" to be high).

As King Griftalot was probably the ONLY person who could have got buy-in from the rubes..."slow (or stop) the spread" was DOA. So, to the extent it didn't "work"...you need to think through exactly why that is.

This is what the rube-exploiting profiteers do: they undermine the ability of government to do anything effectively (while railing out of the other side of their mouths at the ineffectiveness of government).

"The wisdom at the beginning of the pandemic" lol. There was none. But they made shit up and forced in on everyone. And tried to silence and cancel anyone that questioned it (including highly qualified medical professionals)
If vaccines and masks were "forced on everyone" then everyone would have been forced to get vaccines and wear masks. We all know that didn't happen.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

golf courses were closed. public boat docks were closed. if that is not the definition of idiocy. i don't know what is.

that is textbook rational, thoughtful decision making.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

There were some national parks that closed too lmao.

And they also closed down gyms. Despite being active and healthy being your best bet
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:00 am

If vaccines and masks were "forced on everyone" then everyone would have been forced to get vaccines and wear masks. We all know that didn't happen.
We all know damn well it was attempted. We just lived through it. Be honest about what happened
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:06 am golf courses were closed. public boat docks were closed. if that is not the definition of idiocy. i don't know what is.

I know this will be lost on you, but very possibly a WHOLE LOT of the lifestyle disruptions you experienced would have been avoidable if we hadn’t both (1) stepped back from a surveillance role, and (2) aggressively, arrogantly pretended there wasn’t a problem until it was too much of a problem to ignore.

We are having the same conversation in other threads. When you start with a conclusion that rules out lots and lots of options, you’re left with shitty options!
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

How many thousands of people lost their jobs over vaccine hesitancy or refusal. Over a lie that vaccines stopped the spread. Something that was NEVER EVEN TESTED BEFORE. Lol
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:15 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:06 am golf courses were closed. public boat docks were closed. if that is not the definition of idiocy. i don't know what is.

I know this will be lost on you, but very possibly a WHOLE LOT of the lifestyle disruptions you experienced would have been avoidable if we hadn’t both (1) stepped back from a surveillance role, and (2) aggressively, arrogantly pretended there wasn’t a problem until it was too much of a problem to ignore.

We are having the same conversation in other threads. When you start with a conclusion that rules out lots and lots of options, you’re left with shitty options!
Thats so insanely backwards in this context lol. Shutting everything down and doing all these drastic covid measures was jumping to a conclusion.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:15 am

We all know damn well it was attempted. We just lived through it. Be honest about what happened
(Of course this isn’t true; at no point did the federal government (or, to my knowledge, any state government) attempt to impose any sort of mask or vaccine mandate. But please, go ahead and retreat to the next position in the playbook, which is that requiring masks on airplanes, for example, was a de facto mandate. That doesn’t end well for you, either, but don’t let me stop ya.)
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Covid measures caused more problems than covid ever did. We still are dealing with those problems.

And yes people died. People were going to die either way. Even if covid never happened, about 200 million people would have died since the beginning, just based on average death rates.. The actual virus didn't change that
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:22 am
(Of course this isn’t true; at no point did the federal government (or, to my knowledge, any state government) attempt to impose any sort of mask or vaccine mandate. But please, go ahead and retreat to the next position in the playbook, which is that requiring masks on airplanes, for example, was a de facto mandate. That doesn’t end well for you, either, but don’t let me stop ya.)
So there were never masks or vaccines? We all just made that up? Lol

We should make you a list of all the places and businesses that at one point required either masks, vaccines or both. And obviously every single state except maybe alaska had mask mandates at some point. To this day there are still mask and vaccine mandates some places
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:23 am Covid measures caused more problems than covid ever did. We still are dealing with those problems.
truer words have never been spoken. at least on this site they haven't.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i remember fondly having to mask up my 9 year old grandson before he could take the field for his outdoor soccer game. good times for sure.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:19 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:15 am

Thats so insanely backwards in this context lol. Shutting everything down and doing all these drastic covid measures was jumping to a conclusion.
No, it was more or less a rational reaction to “fog of war” problems.

Precisely because our stupid isolationist grift king kneecapped BOTH our large-scale surveillance/detection efforts, AND then our testing/tracing capability, we didn’t have a good idea what exactly we were dealing with, or where.

So we did lots of things that didn’t end up mattering (travel bans; wiping down groceries), and failed to do some things that would have mattered (actually shutting things down for 2-3 weeks; a massive testing/tracing rollout that would have enabled more targeted action (while reducing broader and more intrusive measures)).

In hindsight, perhaps the best thing we could have done is to mandate masks absolutely everywhere (edit: indoors), but otherwise carry on with business (and school, and recreation) as usual.
Last edited by jfish26 on Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:26 am
jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:22 am

So there were never masks or vaccines? We all just made that up? Lol

We should make you a list of all the places and businesses that at one point required either masks, vaccines or both. And obviously every single state except maybe alaska had mask mandates at some point. To this day there are still mask and vaccine mandates some places
You need a better understanding of what a mandate is.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Fish. This is a new level.. I just can't even possibly see why you are now pretending mask and vaccine mandates didn't happen
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Maybe you're trying to say the president didn't? But local cities states counties had all sorts of varying levels of mask mandates. Thousands of businesses everywhere had requirements for employees, customers, and visitors alike to wear masks or be vaccinated
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i cannot imagine how any person could possibly argue in favor of how the world reacted to the china fungus. not only argue in favor of it. but suggest we should have gone farther.

or maybe they are just messing with me in fun. sometimes i'm slow to recognize the joke.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Fish what state are you from? Let's pull up your states mask mandates for you real quick