Another mass shooting

Ugh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by jhawks99 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:12 pm
IMPORTANT: Security Information for the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum. Please read carefully.

U.S. Secret Service will control security within Hall A of the Indiana Convention Center and require attendees of the forum to be screened through magnetometers before entry. You will be subject to a search of your person and belongings.

Per the U.S. SECRET SERVICE, firearms, firearm accessories, knives, and other items WILL NOT BE PERMITTED in Hall A. For a full list of prohibited items, please click here. Read the list of prohibited items carefully before traveling to the event. You will not be allowed in Hall A with any of the items on this list. Attendees are strongly advised to not bring bags to help with timely security processing.

I don't get it, more guns equals more safety, they should pass them out so everyone has at least three.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is almost like the NRA knows the real score on gun violence. . .
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:36 pm GOOD GUY WITH GUNS ALERT

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statu ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Does the guy get the store's Kyle Rittenhouse award?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

made me think of this:

https://youtu.be/jrwjiO1MCVs
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

This is example 124,296 of what makes me think/know how fucked up our country is.

Go to a sweet 16 birthday party, leave in an ambulance - or a body bag.

https://www.wrbl.com/news/more-than-20- ... -on-scene/

https://www.wsfa.com/2023/04/16/4-dead- ... -shooting/
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Now now, those kids were gonna die someday. Nothing you can do. Human condition.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The best argument against guns is human history.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Opinion - Gun absolutists don’t trust democracy because they know they’re losing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... democracy/
Republican legislators may tout states’ rights, but with many cities in red states growing into significant islands of Democratic influence (and support for gun regulation), local control is not part of the GOP’s program.

Undercutting the ability of voters to cast ballots is another habit of those who privilege the Second Amendment over all the others. As Politico’s Kathy Gilsinan reported, Tennessee’s election laws allow gun permits as voter IDs but not college student identifications. There is no waiting time to buy a gun, but citizens have to register at least 30 days before an election. “It is absolutely easier to get a gun than to vote in Tennessee,” Democratic state Sen. Charlane Oliver told Gilsinan.

Our attitudes toward guns are often ascribed to our frontier past and a veneration of the Old West. But in truth, radical opposition to gun regulation is a relatively recent development, even in the NRA. Founded in 1871 by two Union Civil War veterans and a former New York Times reporter, the organization was initially devoted to improving urban marksmanship.

The group was long open to sensible rules around weapons, and the NRA helped Franklin D. Roosevelt draft the 1934 National Firearms Act and the 1938 Gun Control Act. It was not until 1977 that the NRA was engulfed by extreme ideologues. Our country, including the Supreme Court, thus embarked on a dangerous new path.

The good news in this story is that radical opposition to sensible gun laws is not embedded in the American character. It’s the product of an ideology that overtook a less dogmatic form of conservatism and seized control of a political party.

With Americans increasingly angry over the violence wrought by weapons of war in our schools, our banks, our shopping centers — pretty much everywhere we gather — the era of gun absolutism could finally be over, if the popular will on guns is allowed to prevail. But this depends on defending the democracy that so many, at the Indianapolis gathering and in Tennessee, deeply mistrust.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:50 am Now now, those kids were gonna die someday. Nothing you can do. Human condition.
Some of them might have had asthma, diabetes, or been overweight.

You could say they deserved it.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:19 pm GOOD (?) GUYS WITH GUNS ALERT

https://twitter.com/mikesington/status/ ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Obviously you just needed more guns.

If there had been three people there, it would have been a Mexican standoff. No one gets hurt.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:36 pm GOOD GUY WITH GUNS ALERT

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statu ... q_-8Yt1KMA
Woman should have had a gun. Her fetus should have been packing.

Where was someone to shoot the (soon to be heroic) shooter?

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Anything on here about Ralph Yarl?
Not a mass shooting but something I feel that needs to be addressed/discussed - by American society.

Those of you not familiar......

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/17/us/kansa ... index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk3_jkGmZAk
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Must be exhausting doing this much whinging
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:00 am Must be exhausting doing this much whinging
What’s exhausting is kids keeping on getting shot by rubes whose bought-and-paid-for cult leaders have convinced them that they have not just a right, but in fact a patriotic duty, to buy and make use of guns to the maximum extent.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

By the way, seems appropriate to drop this again here.
jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:13 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:40 am https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/07/us/new-m ... index.html

Not a mass shooting, just yet another example of the unexpected result of having a weapon in your home. Answer the door without a gun and this guy wakes up and has a funny story about the cops going to the wrong house. Instead, he is dead.
A few months ago, I was with my son picking up a classmate of his for a wrestling tournament. Something like 445am, so still pitch black.

The teammate doesn’t come out with texts or a ringing of the doorbell. My son says the door is usually left unlocked, should he go in to wake his friend up.

The house has the full MAGA kit - blue lives matter flag, punisher sticker, and so on.

Hell no, not having my kid walk in, in the dark, unannounced.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:00 am Must be exhausting doing this much whinging
What's exhausting to me is waking up every day for the last 18 years missing my best friend because some asshole with a gun shot and killed him.

So I will kindly request that you go fuck yourself in the ass with a heavily splintered baseball bat each and every time you accuse me of "whining" in regards to the gun issues we have in this country.
I feel I have earned the right to whine.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:06 am
What’s exhausting is kids keeping on getting shot by rubes whose bought-and-paid-for cult leaders have convinced them that they have not just a right, but in fact a patriotic duty, to buy and make use of guns to the maximum extent.
Take a closer look at the demographic responsible for the big chunk of recent shootings