2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:56 pm He might have signed what's called a "grant-in-aid" agreement, which lets the school talk about him, but isn't a National Letter of Intent.

(For what it's worth - the National Letter of Intent is garbage, and no kid with any leverage, which includes every recruit of ours, should ever sign one.)
it’s Marcus Adams that’s signed his NLI, not Chris Johnson

but i agree with your point
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:58 pm “This is KUs biggest recruiting trip since it hosted Andrew Wiggins.”

God do I not like Vernon.
Lol yes. Dumb. Its the equivalent of landing Remy Martin when he was considered the top player on the transfer market. Different situation sure, dicksinson is a 7 foot center but there's a reason he's in college still, not the greatest athlete or defender

Wiggins as a recruit was the second coming of lebron
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:39 pm wait, didn’t Chris Johnson just sign his NLI?
My limited perspective of chris Johnson is a big athletic guard with no shot. So Marcus Garrett with less defense

Good prospect but not gonna kill us to lose him. I dont see much of a role for him next season, but you never know
punkrockhawk

Post by punkrockhawk »

Where are people seeing that Chris Johnson may decommit? I have been looking, but haven't run across anything.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

punkrockhawk wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:59 am Where are people seeing that Chris Johnson may decommit? I have been looking, but haven't run across anything.
Pure speculation at this point. If ku is short on schollies, him McDowell or cuffe would be the logical detraction
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

uk forward Daimion Collins has entered the NCAA transfer portal

edit: CJ Fredrick, too
Last edited by KUTradition on Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

rumor is we offered $2 mil to hunter Dickinson.

this whole thing is a fucking joke.

BuT iT KeEPs kids In SchOoL loNgEr.....

don't give a fuck, its out of hand ...go to the NBA if you want a big check..

"SaMe oPpuRtuNiTIes aS OtHeR STuDEnTs"

fuck outta here with that shit.....yea, I knew tons of engineering students pulling in a 2 mils through their opportunities.

Id be on board if it was truly opening up to allow opportunities realistically open to all....Its not, its headed where everyone really knew it was going.. It's out of control, Its nothing but professional sports, It's got to stop.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:04 am rumor is we offered $2 mil to hunter Dickinson.

fuck outta here with that shit.....yea, I knew tons of engineering students pulling in a 2 mils through their opportunities.

Id be on board if it was truly opening up to allow opportunities realistically open to all....Its not, its headed where everyone really knew it was going.. It's out of control, Its nothing but professional sports, It's got to stop.
Thats more than some late 1st round picks will make next season
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:04 am rumor is we offered $2 mil to hunter Dickinson.

To me, it's worse than professional sports and there are a few kosher coaches who try and do things the "right" way and they end up losing their jobs because of it - while the current state of college basketball enables the scumbags to prosper.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:02 pm

To me, it's worse than professional sports and there are a few kosher coaches who try and do things the "right" way and they end up losing their jobs because of it - while the current state of college basketball enables the scumbags to prosper.
Like Bruce weber? That was his story lol
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:04 am rumor is we offered $2 mil to hunter Dickinson...
So, you're inclined to think it is or have reason to think that it's true?

(Not counting the things we've allegedly done before.)

I just used the Google machine to search for it, and came up empty.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Feral wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:32 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:04 am rumor is we offered $2 mil to hunter Dickinson...
So, you're inclined to think it is or have reason to think that it's true?

(Not counting the things we've allegedly done before.)

I just used the Google machine to search for it, and came up empty.
https://www.mgoblog.com/mgoboard/chris- ... -dickinson

per the Michigan Sports senior reporter.

Ive seen it 2 othe replaces now, 1 said 2 mil 1 year, the other two said 4 mil 2 years.

Either way, its absurd and I greatly dislike this new era.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

:/

BuT iT wAS inEvItAblE or
IT waS aLReaDY HappEnIng or
youRe RaCiST

“ I'm not saying, exactly right now, that the pub is ruined.
But it's starting to, quickly - you can see the signs.

I'm not at the moment going to completely just stop going to the pub.
I just won't go to the pub as often.

And then once the local pub gets a new more expensive menu, a big loud digital jukebox, installs a dance floor and a bunch of new clientele come in who I don't vibe with, i'll find a different pub.”

Celts are on right now.
They ain’t pretending to be something they aren’t.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

It's a choice to be this miserable, fellas.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So is being a Royals fan.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Heard that.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

hasbeen wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:19 pm It's a choice to be this miserable, fellas.
It just boils down to where your enjoyment of KU basketball comes from. For some, it apparently comes/came from the players being “regular college kids.”

That’s fine I guess - whatever floats your boat.

But over the last, what, 40 years, the sport exploded in value/prominence, and everyone in the sport got rich…except the players of the sport. Setting aside ethical issues, as a practical matter that was never going to last. The players would either get paid, or they would find someplace else to play.

I’m not in love with the roster fluidity. I’m hoping it’ll settle down some as the newness of all of this wears off. But none of the changes, so far, really diminish the reasons I enjoy KU basketball.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Plus, its just crazy to hold down the basketball players while the other communications majors are out there getting PAID
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:40 am Plus, its just crazy to hold down the basketball players while the other communications majors are out there getting PAID
Where there’s a market for it, students get paid while they’re students.

The amount of money is irrelevant; a communications major who bartends gets paid what bartenders make. A communications major who is a Hollywood actress makes what Hollywood actresses make. They’re both communications majors, and both getting paid. And the world spins.

It’s not complicated.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:34 am
TDub wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:40 am Plus, its just crazy to hold down the basketball players while the other communications majors are out there getting PAID
Where there’s a market for it, students get paid while they’re students.

The amount of money is irrelevant; a communications major who bartends gets paid what bartenders make. A communications major who is a Hollywood actress makes what Hollywood actresses make. They’re both communications majors, and both getting paid. And the world spins.

It’s not complicated.
my god. the amount of money is absolutely relevant.

Its not complicated.
Just Ledoux it