NFL draft 2023

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: NFL draft 2023

Post by pdub »

I kinda agree at the spot you coulda risked him.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:03 am Wonder if Deuce Vaughn is on the radar late.
Nice call by surly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWxME7wY4KY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv403Xqs2D8
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:49 am Chiefs fans complaining about the draft makes me smile - ONLY in that at least you have a Super Bowl Champion team to root for and your draft picks are "bonuses" - to me.
This asshole (me) feels the Bears have had a disappointing draft and knows the Bears have zero chance of winning the Super Bowl in the near future.
You guys want to switch places with me?

Let's see what today brings.....
No kidding. Most Chiefs fans whined about last year's draft and KC ended up having 4 rookie starters in the Super Bowl. The notion that fans have done any sort of actual evaluation of these players is comically hilarious.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

twocoach wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:26 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:49 am Chiefs fans complaining about the draft makes me smile - ONLY in that at least you have a Super Bowl Champion team to root for and your draft picks are "bonuses" - to me.
This asshole (me) feels the Bears have had a disappointing draft and knows the Bears have zero chance of winning the Super Bowl in the near future.

No kidding. Most Chiefs fans whined about last year's draft and KC ended up having 4 rookie starters in the Super Bowl. The notion that fans have done any sort of actual evaluation of these players is comically hilarious.
What I enjoy doing is seeing how "experts" or at least "professionals" evaluate team's draft choices.
They have an idea about players and how they feel they will do on the teams that drafted them -but that's about it. Just an idea.
When I see "experts/professionals" being what I feel is overly positive or overly negative I can kind of tell if someone is banging a woman above their level and is enjoying their life and/or if someone isn't getting laid and hates their life - just by their assessments.
My assessment - Collectively the Bears picks suck! :lol:
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
surly

Post by surly »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:36 am
pdub wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:03 am Wonder if Deuce Vaughn is on the radar late.
Nice call by surly!

thx. i was dumbfounded the chiefs let him pass round-after-round. like sproles, ten years from now everyone will wonder how he lasted so long in this draft. but a great place for deuce. back home like brents to indy, felix to kc, and hayes to tampa. pretty remarkable they all ended up so close to home.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ceh remains on the roster is probably why. Couldn't give him away.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:26 am

Not this fan.
I liked last years draft:

viewtopic.php?p=273207#p273207

I didn’t like how we traded up when we didn’t need to in this draft. If you like your guy but your guy is more likely to be around well after your pick then you don’t need to trade up.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I agree. It was a lazy way to dump picks. You gave away three potential sleepers this year. Chiefs could have picked off Deuce.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

These are the UDFA'S for Chief's

Anderson Hardy, OL, Appalachian State
Anthony Cook, S, Texas
Blake Haynes, OL, Tarleton
Cam Jones, LB, Indiana
Deneric Prince, RB, Tulsa
Isaiah Norman, S, Marshall
James Letcher Jr., WR, Washburn
Joshua Mote, OT, LA Tech
Martez Manuel, S, Missouri
Nikko Remigio, WR/KR, Fresno State
Reese Taylor, CB, Purdue
Ty Scott, WR, Missouri State
Zane Pope, WR, Fresno State
Anthony Witherstone, CB, Merrimack
Truman Jones, EDGE, Harvard

Lonnie signed with Cleveland and Bostic with Dallas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:48 pm I agree. It was a lazy way to dump picks. You gave away three potential sleepers this year. Chiefs could have picked off Deuce.
Maybe signing those three potential sleepers puts them over a $ point to where they cannot execute a trade for a good player. And they already have a Deuce in CEH.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Eh, not really.
Deuce is quite a bit faster/lighter/shiftier.
CEH is like 35 pounds heavier, better at breaking tackles, but not an ankle breaker.

How many big runs has CEH had in his career where he's outrunning guys?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Rice may end up being the guy we need.
Same with Wanya.

But there's realistic scenario where you have this group out of the draft:

DE FAU
WR Rice ( or Tillman who might have been the better pick )
S Jordan Battle ( I think will be a better safety than Conner )
OT Wanya, Dawand Jones or Blake Freeland
LB Henry To'oTo'o
DI Coburn
TE Zack Kuntz
OG Andrew Vorhees
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Looking back, the Chiefs looked hard at guys they knew they could get. And fill needs. Hard to fault the core picks,plus some nice UDFAs. Would have liked Phelps and Deuce, but roster spots are limited.