Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:21 pm
randylahey wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:18 pm If someone has broken into your home, in the eyes of the law, you have every right to shoot and kill them.

I'm not saying you should. You shouldn't unless you absolutely have to. But if you ever find yourself in a situation like that, there isn't a lot of time to think about it
I remember one time growing up, I came home later than I was supposed to.

My dad came out pointing something at me, as if it was a gun.

He was all nervous, then relaxed once he saw it was me. And rather than explain he was gonna try to scare off some home invader by pretending the tv remote was a gun, he instead lectured me about interrupting his Letterman.

Point is, how often do perceived home invasions and the subsequent “make my day” gun owner moment, actually end up in accidentally shooting a loved one or somethin?
That could've played out a lot differently. Just think, if he'd been watching Jay Leno instead, who knows what mightve happened..
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

I’ll wager that this type of incident happens more often than the NRA and the Republican Party would like you to know. Of course, they prevented the CDC from reporting on this.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

zsn wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:51 pm I’ll wager that this type of incident happens more often than the NRA and the Republican Party would like you to know. Of course, they prevented the CDC from reporting on this.
Maybe the Covid death stats are way out of whack; should some portion of those who died of Covid be disregarded, because they had a significant co-morbidity (“being alive in America”)?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:24 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:18 pm Pretty sure gun owners are more likely to accidentally shoot oneself than ever successfully thwart any bad guy.

Also pretty sure most gun deaths are self-inflicted.
Yes. The stats bear out that having guns in the house increases, not decreases, the likelihood that someone in the house will get shot.
Stats, Data, facts, those have no place in these arguments.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:32 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:18 pm Pretty sure gun owners are more likely to accidentally shoot oneself than ever successfully thwart any bad guy.

Also pretty sure most gun deaths are self-inflicted.
Yes. The stats bear out that having guns in the house increases, not decreases, the likelihood that someone in the house will get shot.
Here comes the King of analyzing 1 percent of the data, then pulling statistics from the outlier, ignoring the other 99 percent, and claiming that proves his point
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:14 pm

Here comes the King of anal
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:15 pm
Good contribution.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Impenetrable ignorance.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

He's losing another argument. This is how he deals with it.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

PHD brought the hammer to your ass?

That explains a lot about your “butt hurt” persona.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Overlander wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:34 pm

Youvd got some weird fantasies overlander
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Not as weird as some of YOUR "realities".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

well-played, guttter
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:33 am
Overlander wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:34 pm

Youvd got some weird fantasies overlander
Would you rather I just call you a cunt?
Everyone here is thinking it, someone needed to tell you.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Vivek feels the Democratic Party should change their way/s. Ok, MAYBE I can respect that.
I wonder how he feels about the Republican Party doing the same thing. I am confident he would SAY that if he was the Incumbent President he would be open to debate/s but my guess is he would THINK differently.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Holy shit! Talk about big brother watching you/me....
10 seconds after I posted that I received this unsolicited email.

A message from our sponsor
Don Lemon FIRED from CNN.

FIRST: I had to teach Don Lemon a history lesson when it comes to the Second Amendment and the rights of black citizens.

THEN: Don Lemon told me I couldn't speak the truth because of the color of my skin. I reject that.

NOW: Don Lemon is OUT at CNN.
Fellow American, I am not afraid to bring the debate to anyone who is willing to talk about the important issues, but I won’t back down.

I am committed to bringing fresh, radical ideas to the table that will help put America back on track. But I can't do it without your support.

In the next 30 minutes, will you join my team to make sure we can continue to take the debate to the Left?

Thanks,

Vivek

BYE DON LEMON →

GET TO KNOW VIVEK:
Vivek is an American entrepreneur, political and cultural thought leader, and New York Times bestselling author of Woke, Inc.: Inside Corporate America's Social Justice Scam, along with his second book, Nation of Victims: Identity Politics, the Death of Merit, and the Path Back to Excellence.

He has been a prominent and outspoken critic against ESG, discriminatory practices under the guise of critical race theory, and of what he calls "government-tech censorship," where the government colludes with big tech to do through the backdoor what it couldn't do through the front door under the Constitution.

Vivek is a first-generation American. Growing up in the Cincinnati area, he often recounts the sage advice he received from his father that "If you're going to stand out, then you might as well be outstanding." This advice set the course for his life: an accomplished pianist, a nationally ranked tennis player, and the valedictorian of his Jesuit high school. He went on to graduate summa cum laude in Biology from Harvard in 2007 and received his J.D. degree from Yale Law School in 2013, worked at a hedge fund, then started a pharmaceutical company, Roivant Sciences, where his team developed five drugs that went on to become FDA-approved.

In 2022, he founded Strive Asset Management, an Ohio-based firm, that takes direct aim at asset managers like BlackRock, State Street, Vanguard and others for their fiduciary breach of duty to maximize the wealth of their clients for Wokeism. Strive's mission is to restore the voices of everyday citizens in the American economy by leading companies to focus on excellence over politics.
STAND WITH VIVEK ➞

Paid for by Vivek 2024

Contributions to Vivek 2024 are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes.

Funds received in response to this solicitation are subject to federal contribution limits. Contributions from corporations, labor unions, foreign nationals without green cards, and federal government contractors are prohibited. Federal law requires us to use our best efforts to collect and report the name, mailing address, occupation, and name of employer for individuals whose contributions exceed $200 in an election cycle.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Gutter, not sure if it's true, but if you have an Alexa on, it's listening...

https://youtu.be/7YvAYIJSSZY
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if a candidate will not participate in the debates. it tells me that they have something to hide.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:35 am
Vivek feels the Democratic Party should change their way/s. Ok, MAYBE I can respect that.
I wonder how he feels about the Republican Party doing the same thing. I am confident he would SAY that if he was the Incumbent President he would be open to debate/s but my guess is he would THINK differently.
It should apply to everyone i agree. I think Trump is skipping debates too

Its pretty fucking weak of anyone who is