WELCOME HUNTER DICKINSON

Kansas Basketball.
Mjl

Re: WELCOME HUNTER DICKINSON

Post by Mjl »

Why is Dickinson not a big NBA prospect right now? He's got size, skill, shooting... considering those skills, I assume it's his ability to move his feet on defense?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mjl wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:01 pm
pdub wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:58 pm
TDub wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:57 pm

yea, its pretty terrible.
He did say gently though.
That was nice.
I'm pretty torn on if I like the current system or not.

I'm not torn on the attitude of "if you don't like thing x, go away". That's a horrible mindset.
Right.
Because if you apply that to this website, then i'd just simply say, if you don't like how people here are arguing about x thing ( this x thing being NIL ), then you, go away.

I don't want that but that's the same logic.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

hasbeen wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:59 pm Good fucking lord, Kansas signs the #1 transfer in the portal, a guy that fits Bill's style for a big man. The type of big man that helps Self's offense run as efficiently as possible, a guy Self badly wanted. And the conversation has devolved into a bunch of WW2 era born dorks bitching about how KU got him.

Please get hobbies.
If your mom was in school when I was, i hope I fucked her. In the ass.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:04 pm
hasbeen wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:59 pm Good fucking lord, Kansas signs the #1 transfer in the portal, a guy that fits Bill's style for a big man. The type of big man that helps Self's offense run as efficiently as possible, a guy Self badly wanted. And the conversation has devolved into a bunch of WW2 era born dorks bitching about how KU got him.

Please get hobbies.
That'd be a better hobby than crying into your cock shaped pillow about NIL.
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

hasbeen wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:05 pm
Back2Lawrence wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:04 pm

Please get hobbies.
That'd be a better hobby than crying into your cock shaped pillow about NIL.
I still have my Jenna Jameson 'doll'. But I hear ya.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:03 pm Why is Dickinson not a big NBA prospect right now? He's got size, skill, shooting... considering those skills, I assume it's his ability to move his feet on defense?
Correct. Defense and mobility. And I don't think he's necessarily that great of a rebounder either. 7'1 and 30 minutes a game pretty much guarantees a 9 rebound average

Hence my McCormack comparison (rough comparison)

But hey McCormack has a good college player and was clutch in us winning a title. Dickinson is more polished offensively
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

rumors are that it came down to a two-horse race between KU and ‘nova
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:01 pm
pdub wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:58 pm
TDub wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:57 pm

yea, its pretty terrible.
He did say gently though.
That was nice.
I'm pretty torn on if I like the current system or not.

I'm not torn on the attitude of "if you don't like thing x, go away". That's a horrible mindset.
I don't give a shit what the era entails, if Kansas is fielding a college basketball team then I want them to be as good as possible. I guess I am just not that picky. Putting parameters on what it has to be for me to continue to like it is just more work than I have to give to an entertainment hobby.

Seeing KU be great at basketball is really fun. Just entertain me and I am happy.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

This was a huge get for next year.

I don't spend a lot of time on basketball cause we pretty good here but I do not think some of you understand the past. The shoe companies were corrupting basketball and there is no denying it. It really went off the charts when Coach Cal was allowed into the Blue Blood with his buddy WWWes. Before that everybody would get someone. Then Cal and Nike took over. The funny thing is when Coach K woke up and called Nike and stepped on Cal's head and went to the front of the line.

Anyways it is ten times cooler now where everything is kinda in the open.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Please get hobbies.
^^^

Imagine what the conversation here would be if we hadn't signed him.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

As for me, I just want to see the best college basketball players on the floor for KU in Allen Fieldhouse. I don't want guys who are trouble off the court or in the locker room. I hope we have neither of those problems with this group.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

AlOerter wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:12 pm As for me, I just want to see the best college basketball players on the floor for KU in Allen Fieldhouse. I don't want guys who are trouble off the court or in the locker room. I hope we have neither of those problems with this group.
Yes.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Feral wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:22 pm

Please get hobbies.
^^^

Imagine what the conversation here would be if we hadn't signed him.
I’d have been happy bc that meant keeping Zuby.

I’d rather Zuby than Hunter.
No lie.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lol

So I bet you’d rather have Bobby over Arterio, too?

And Yes over Justin Timberlake?
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

pdub wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 9:01 pm
I’d have been happy bc that meant keeping Zuby.

I’d rather Zuby than Hunter.
No lie.
I'd rather have had both, but if HD means another natty it's no contest.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:10 am lol

So I bet you’d rather have Bobby over Arterio, too?

And Yes over Justin Timberlake?
Not Yes but Bobby over a possible woman beater.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Hunter makes us better next season. But I'd rather have zubys whole career than hunters last 2 years. Junior and senior zuby could be a special college player. Hell I bet he's pretty good this season for some lucky school
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Of all our transfers that left. Zuby is the one im butthurt most about. He had the tools to be really successful here. 4 year program guy that is the kind of foundation of a program

All the other guys were kind of awkward fits here for one reason or another. Mj rice probably could have been quite successful if he stayed, but he went back home. I can respect that