If the price is right.....

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

If the price is right.....

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

..... You gotta sell. Right? Or wrong? I guess a lot depends on if you NEED the money or not.

I have a bunch of game worn items. Some given to me directly from players such as Hall of Famers Durant (arm sleeve), Steph (undershirt), Pierce (headband), Harden (shoe), Mourning (shoe), Garnett (wristbands). Unfortunately I do NOT have any Jordan game worn items.

Flu game shoes......
Truman was initially offered 11k for them. They first sold for about 105K at auction. Then they sold for about 600K. Apparently they are now valued at over 2 million.
Check out and scroll through the Instagram post at the bottom.

P.S. The guy with the shoes was on Complex and had most if not all of the Dream Team shoes autographed.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2023 ... boy-files/

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/1 ... 3462548481

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr54zsRLlIA/?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: If the price is right.....

This is him talking about the Dream Team shoes.....

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr8cMgUrTmI/?
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I can only imagine what some posters would say if a certain Laker “suffered” through sickness during a playoff game.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

A. I don't know if Jordan was "sick" but he clearly wasn't well.
B. I am sure people would doubt the extent of LeBron's "sickness" and feel he was being overdramatic just as they doubted Jordan's "sickness" and felt he (and the media) was being overdramatic.
C. Over the years I have learned to appreciate and acknowledge the greatness of LeBron and he very well may be the GOAT. I have no problem with those who feel he is.
D. Side note somewhat related to the thread. I have purchased a LeBron Olympic jersey for retail and I own (purchased for retail) several pairs of LeBron shoes. One model I own 3 pairs of and I have probably worn more than any other of my shoes in the past 4-5 years. I have received many compliments on them. Most importantly, they are probably one of the most comfortable pairs I own.
This being them.....

https://nikelebron.net/release-reminder ... d-edition/
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:45 am A. I don't know if Jordan was "sick" but he clearly wasn't well.
B. I am sure people would doubt the extent of LeBron's "sickness" and feel he was being overdramatic just as they doubted Jordan's "sickness" and felt he (and the media) was being overdramatic.
C. Over the years I have learned to appreciate and acknowledge the greatness of LeBron and he very well may be the GOAT. I have no problem with those who feel he is.
D. Side note somewhat related to the thread. I have purchased a LeBron Olympic jersey for retail and I own (purchased for retail) several pairs of LeBron shoes. One model I own 3 pairs of and I have probably worn more than any other of my shoes in the past 4-5 years. I have received many compliments on them. Most importantly, they are probably one of the most comfortable pairs I own.
This being them.....

What an odd looking shoe. Looks like they'd go with almost anything tho. They were GR?

(Take that with a lost shaker of salt, because I have no insight into the glamour kicks market, and, I like IPAs.)

Do you have a Grail?

I sent the tweet of the Jazz ballboy accepting the Flu shoes from Jordan that you posted to my towheaded nephew who has lived in SLC all his life and is a huge Jazz fan, and a partially reformed shoe-head. I told him I couldn't tell from the angle, but if that was him in the photo, he should remember that he's always been my favorite nephew. (He's also my only nephew, but...)
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Feral wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:52 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:45 am A. I don't know if Jordan was "sick" but he clearly wasn't well.
This being them.....

What an odd looking shoe. Looks like they'd go with almost anything tho. They were GR?

(Take that with a lost shaker of salt, because I have no insight into the glamour kicks market, and, I like IPAs.)

Do you have a Grail?

I sent the tweet of the Jazz ballboy accepting the Flu shoes from Jordan that you posted to my towheaded nephew who has lived in SLC all his life and is a huge Jazz fan, and a partially reformed shoe-head. I told him I couldn't tell from the angle, but if that was him in the photo, he should remember that he's always been my favorite nephew. (He's also my only nephew, but...)
They were very limited. They dropped on-line but I couldn't get them before they sold out. I then called the Nike Store on Michigan Avenue in Chicago and they said they got in 40 pairs. I RAN over there and bought a pair. I have since bought 2 more pairs "on the market".
I typically wear them with jeans. I have received compliments from people ranging from a homeless guy on Michigan Avenue to a manager at Fred Segal in Los Angeles. Crazy thing is they weren't expensive and I have many pairs of shoes that cost and are worth a lot more money that the "average" person wouldn't know from a pair of British Knights.

I do NOT have a grail but I do have favorites. I'll spare you and anyone else who may be reading this my list/s. For now.

Funny about your nephew! In a coincidence, my cousin (and boss) used to go to the "Jordan Flight School". My cousin knew his assistant's nephew was/is a HUGE Jordan fan and her nephew was more excited about my cousin going than my cousin was. He asked my cousin if he could get MJ's autograph for him. My cousin went one better. Brought him back a pair of shoes MJ wore at the "camp" - signed. My cousin's assistant told her nephew he can NEVER sell them when my cousin gave them to him. My guess is my cousin's assistant might change her tune today if someone offered him 100K or more. Which wouldn't shock me if someone did.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hideous shoe
Just Ledoux it