Vivek ramaswamy

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Vivek ramaswamy

Post by KUTradition »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:27 am if a candidate will not participate in the debates. it tells me that they have something to hide.
what if an entire party chooses to not participate?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

it should be a requirement. if you are going to run. you debate.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if uncle joe does not have the faculties to debate. then he should not run again.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i know senility is a bitch, but did you forget that the rnc pulled out of the normal debates last year?

they literally withdrew from the Commission on Presidential Debates
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what’s the rnc hiding, mich?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:27 am if a candidate will not participate in the debates. it tells me that they have something to hide.
Agreed

https://apnews.com/article/trump-2024-r ... 4563c9b981

"The Republican former president has privately said that a debate in August would be too early and he would not participate, according to two people familiar with his concerns who insisted on anonymity to detail private discussions. He also has stepped up his public complaints this week, suggesting that his poll numbers are so high he has no reason to compete with the rest of the field."
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:08 pm
Agreed

https://apnews.com/article/trump-2024-r ... 4563c9b981

"The Republican former president has privately said that a debate in August would be too early and he would not participate, according to two people familiar with his concerns who insisted on anonymity to detail private discussions. He also has stepped up his public complaints this week, suggesting that his poll numbers are so high he has no reason to compete with the rest of the field."
meh

mich has assured us that pubs have moved on (or are going to) from trump
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Everyone should be required to debate. Biden Trump dems and pubs

If you arent willing to debate, then you are running based on policies. You are doing it based on propaganda
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Nobody wants to accept this but I think we all somewhat suspect its going to be biden vs Trump again. Were fucked
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Here's Trump v4.0

“I’m in this race to take the America First agenda far further than Donald Trump ever did.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/05/us/p ... swamy.html
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Here is a conundrum.
I won't vote for Trump but under a Trump Presidency I was less "fucked" than I have been under a Biden Presidency.
I guess that means I shouldn't vote for either?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

If you were "fucked" during the Biden administration, it means you rolled the dice during the Trump Ponzi era on Wall Street, which continued a criminal run-up due to zero interest real estate loans and some insider dealing with the Fed to kick the accountability can down the road. Biden inherited a pandemic that had been allowed to run out of control, an emboldened Russia which started a stupid war, a Fed that four year's late decided to try to control the real estate market, and a worldwide supply chain fiasco made incredibly worse by greedy MFers. So, poor Gutter. He was making money on corruption, then it stabilized a little and reality caused him to blame Biden, who by all measures has been one of the effective presidents in modern history. The NYT blamed Biden for a strong jobs market which might cause little people to ask for and get the wages they deserve. We have such genius everywhere. It is a wonder we still have running water.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:27 am If you were "fucked" during the Biden administration, it means you rolled the dice during the Trump Ponzi era on Wall Street, which continued a criminal run-up due to zero interest real estate loans and some insider dealing with the Fed to kick the accountability can down the road. Biden inherited a pandemic that had been allowed to run out of control, an emboldened Russia which started a stupid war, a Fed that four year's late decided to try to control the real estate market, and a worldwide supply chain fiasco made incredibly worse by greedy MFers. So, poor Gutter. He was making money on corruption, then it stabilized a little and reality caused him to blame Biden, who by all measures has been one of the effective presidents in modern history. The NYT blamed Biden for a strong jobs market which might cause little people to ask for and get the wages they deserve. We have such genius everywhere. It is a wonder we still have running water.
This is an an example of a great post
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sparko wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:27 am If you were "fucked" during the Biden administration, it means you rolled the dice during the Trump Ponzi era on Wall Street, which continued a criminal run-up due to zero interest real estate loans and some insider dealing with the Fed to kick the accountability can down the road. Biden inherited a pandemic that had been allowed to run out of control, an emboldened Russia which started a stupid war, a Fed that four year's late decided to try to control the real estate market, and a worldwide supply chain fiasco made incredibly worse by greedy MFers. So, poor Gutter. He was making money on corruption, then it stabilized a little and reality caused him to blame Biden, who by all measures has been one of the effective presidents in modern history. The NYT blamed Biden for a strong jobs market which might cause little people to ask for and get the wages they deserve. We have such genius everywhere. It is a wonder we still have running water.
No. Not "were". Am.
I said "I" was less fucked. "I" meaning ME. You go on to make assumptions about ME based on how you feel about others.

First off, I never said I did or didn't place/lay any blame on Trump for where I am today. Of course he bears SOME responsibility. I live in the present. Not the past.
Yes, of course Biden inherited shit and we are still dealing with shit because of Trump. Obama inherited a lot of shit too. Right or wrong, I feel MY life improved with a Obama Presidency over a GWB Presidency. It's still early but so far MY life has not improved under a Biden Presidency. Am I supposed to lie about that and pretend it isn't true?

To address your assumptions. You claim I was "making money on corruption". I'm probably not smart enough to know what that means but if it means what I think it does - You are claiming my limited investments were making money because Trump was corrupt - or at least there was corruption under Trump. I think they were making money for other reasons but ok, if they were making money ONLY because Trump was "corrupt" and/or allowed corruption - so be it. Were your's making money? If so, how much complaining did YOU do about it when it was happening?

I have been "fucked" because of MANY reasons. SOME that I will list for you - despite if I lay entire, partial, or no blame on Biden for them - I am still "fucked" during his Presidency.
* I have received an entire 2.5% raise during his Presidency. Now tell me what the cost of living increase has been under his Presidency. Tell me what the CPI and inflation rate has been.
* I pay SUBSTANTIALLY more today for rent, food, clothing, utilities, travel, gas.
* I pay more today in taxes.
* I pay more in healthcare.
* Crime in the city I live in has increased. At least in my neighborhood and the surrounding neighborhoods it has. A lot.

You claim Biden is one of the most "effective" Presidents in modern history. What does that ("effective") even mean? He's done things? Ok, well fantastic! A sincere good for him and good for our country. Meanwhile, as a whole, MY life and what is most important to ME isn't better TODAY because he did those things.

I really don't care what the NYT blames or doesn't blame Biden for. The NYT isn't ME.

You and too many others on here are too busy blowing Biden to say the truth and realize it's ok to admit he has failed and continues to fail in regards to SOME things.
Be honest, in SOME if not many ways YOUR life is NOT better under a Biden Presidency than it was under a Trump presidency. FACT.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Biden is too centrist. But is doing a great job. Trump messed up the postal service and government in general. He allowed widespread pollution to overwhelm us by destroying the regulatory authorities. He would have allowed Russia to invade Ukraine withput a response, but certainly emboldened them to do it. He tried to overthrow democracy. He grifted billions from Saudi Arabia and increased our dependence on fossil fuel. His response to the pandemic was so venal that it cost 100,000s of lives. The Wall Street runup was a mirage that punctured with the Feds rising interest rates. Trump was easily the worst president ever. And that includes Pierce and Buchanan. Corruption, ineptitude, bigotry and selfishness on a Biblical scale. We are still reeling from it.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Things Biden did that pissed me off:
Stopped construction on the Border wall, did NOT discourage illegal immigration, shutdown Keystone XL pipeline advancement, blamed inflation on Russia war, (he could’ve stood up to Putin with a show of force at the Ukrainian border). Now trying to fight inflation by raising interest rates and slowing down the economy, causing massive job layoffs and a tightening supply of goods which will lead to higher (not lower) inflation. Started the war against fossil fuels driving down domestic oil production, ended Operation Legend amid a record crime wave in U.S. cities. There’s more but all I can come up with now. (Feel free to add to this list).
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

these last 2+ years have been something else. that's for sure. i cannot recall anything even similar.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Democrat logic when a Democrat is president:

Take credit for everything good that happens, but anything bad that happens, blame on the previous administration
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:19 pm Things Biden did that pissed me off:
Stopped construction on the Border wall, did NOT discourage illegal immigration, shutdown Keystone XL pipeline advancement, blamed inflation on Russia war, (he could’ve stood up to Putin with a show of force at the Ukrainian border). Now trying to fight inflation by raising interest rates and slowing down the economy, causing massive job layoffs and a tightening supply of goods which will lead to higher (not lower) inflation. Started the war against fossil fuels driving down domestic oil production, ended Operation Legend amid a record crime wave in U.S. cities. There’s more but all I can come up with now. (Feel free to add to this list).
Oh, I'd LOVE to hear what you think that "show of force" at the Ukrainian border would have been. What are you thinking, move a thousand tanks and 30,000 troops over there and station them right up at the border? Yeah, I am sure that Mr. Stable Putin wouldn't have seen that as an overt declaration of war at all....

Do you ever stop to think about the talking points you parrot?