Still gonna win at least a share of the conference

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: Still gonna win at least a share of the conference

Post by twocoach »

Kansas State at Baylor this Saturday is a huge game. Need Baylor to win to keep us in range.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:18 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:14 am
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:48 am

The burden of proof for the NCAA is much greater. They would have to proof that Bill Self or one of his Assistants knew of the payment or didn't have a "fully engaged compliance system to avoid violations.".

And, having a lawyer of a convicted felon saying he thought Bill Self knew and approved the payment won't be enough. They are going to have to have actual evidence and tape recordings. And, if they actually had tape recordings or any evidence, the defense would have presented that at trial. Hard to defaud someone who ask you to defaud them. That would have been a smoking gun for the defense.
LOL

The ncaa doesn't have a "burden of proof". This isn't a court of law.
Tell that to UNC...
Dude, we admitted it happened. We are no longer able to deny everything like UNC did....and this isn't an academic scandal like UNCs. Remember, other students were allowed to take those classes too....so they said out of their jurisdiction.

Also, we aren't UNC. The extreme SDS punishment should have been an indicator that they're possibly (likely?) going to hammer the main Adidas schools involved in the scandal.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A bunch of good teams.
Not great teams.
But I suppose that's semantics.

( elite, great, good, mediocre, bad, awful )
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:08 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:51 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:02 am

LOL....that's not really how it works... but I hope you're right. Love the optimism!
That’s exactly how it’s worked in certain instances in the past. Including at KU.
The only thing that makes me nervous that they might is them forcing us to label Gassnola an agent/booster. Still, most cases where a school bacated wins/banners are when the school was directly involved with the violation or the agreements and benefits from agents/boosters happened while the player was playing in college.

I think KU should be fine but the ncaa going outrageously overboard on SDS makes me less confident of that.
Don Davis was also a booster. No wins vacated.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

But that was for 5,000.00 and netted a 9 game suspension for Darnell.

This is for 2,500.00 to a guardian. Much more severe. So 7 times the suspension to Silvio.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

Soklous wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:50 am But that was for 5,000.00 and netted a 9 game suspension for Darnell.

This is for 2,500.00 to a guardian. Much more severe. So 7 times the suspension to Silvio.
No doubt.

Which is exactly why whatever was done in the past means nothing. They're setting new precedents. And that makes me nervous.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:22 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:14 am

LOL

The ncaa doesn't have a "burden of proof". This isn't a court of law.
Tell that to UNC...
Dude, we admitted it happened. We are no longer able to deny everything like UNC did....and this isn't an academic scandal like UNCs. Remember, other students were allowed to take those classes too....so they said out of their jurisdiction.

Also, we aren't UNC. The extreme SDS punishment should have been an indicator that they're possibly (likely?) going to hammer the main Adidas schools involved in the scandal.
Kansas didn't admit that Bill Self knew it or that it's compliance was not engaged. If the NCAA comes after wins and banners, the fight will be ugly. That "limited agreement" that Adidas was a booster will be tossed out.

You will comeback with some stupid "LOL Dude, you don't understand". Would love to compare resumes with you and determine who has better understanding of the NCAA.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 75

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:55 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:22 am

Tell that to UNC...

Kansas didn't admit that Bill Self knew it or that it's compliance was not engaged. If the NCAA comes after wins and banners, the fight will be ugly. That "limited agreement" that Adidas was a booster will be tossed out.

You will comeback with some stupid "LOL Dude, you don't understand". Would love to compare resumes with you and determine who has better understanding of the NCAA.
LOL

your track record of ridiculous grand declarations speaks for itself. I don't need to see your resume.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

It would say "Kansas" unlike yours
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 75

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:01 am It would say "Kansas" unlike yours
You might want to add name and contact info....plus some work history type stuff. Spruce it up a bit.

I mean, I'm super impressed it says "Kansas", but typically resumes contain a little more info. Even I know that and I went to lowly SIU Carbondale.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 75

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:51 pm Signing with the agent was the kicker. Harsh. But gives me hope that SDS gets time served.
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:33 pm SDS will be cleared to play.

And he isn't saying that SDS will make up his mind by that date, he is clear...SDS will be in a Kansas uniform and playing for the Jayhawks.
Please....tell us more since you're the ncaa expert.

LOL

You're a clown.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:53 am
Soklous wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:50 am But that was for 5,000.00 and netted a 9 game suspension for Darnell.

No doubt.

Which is exactly why whatever was done in the past means nothing. They're setting new precedents. And that makes me nervous.
It's still surprising to me that they're taking actions now, before anything has really come to light about Nike.
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 am

No doubt.

It's still surprising to me that they're taking actions now, before anything has really come to light about Nike.
Will anything even come to light about Nike now? Seems iffy.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

No doubt.

I'm only responding to your "LOL that's not how it works" comment.

It can and has absolutely worked like that. That's where you're treading on unfamiliar territory, and whey lonestar is mocking you, especially considering his credentials.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

No doubt.

They're trying to get the U of A punishment out of the way so they can close their book on nike (no pun intended!).
Deleted User 75

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:16 am

No doubt.

I'm only responding to your "LOL that's not how it works" comment.

It can and has absolutely worked like that. That's where you're treading on unfamiliar territory, and whey lonestar is mocking you, especially considering his credentials.
He should update his credentials because he has been wrong about this (and preston) every step of the way.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Eligibility and sanctioning is quite different.
Deleted User 75

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:45 am SDS plays and not a single couch is burnt in Morgantown on Saturday.
Tell us more Mr expert!

LOL
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:16 am

No doubt.

Will anything even come to light about Nike now? Seems iffy.
Well...if I'm an Adidas school in trouble for buying players, surely I have some idea what, and who, I was bidding against. And if I'm facing penalties that will cripple recruiting and fan interest...I would certainly be interested in people knowing what was happening at other places.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:33 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:08 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:51 am

That’s exactly how it’s worked in certain instances in the past. Including at KU.
The only thing that makes me nervous that they might is them forcing us to label Gassnola an agent/booster. Still, most cases where a school bacated wins/banners are when the school was directly involved with the violation or the agreements and benefits from agents/boosters happened while the player was playing in college.

I think KU should be fine but the ncaa going outrageously overboard on SDS makes me less confident of that.
Don Davis was also a booster. No wins vacated.
Jesse Newell's article from yesterday's KC Star makes me feel a lot better and addresses the exact thing that makes me quesy about Gassnola's labeling as a booster/agent.

Https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 523845.htm

Also, I didnt realize that DeSousa's appeal would be heard by the Division I Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee, a group of school and conference employees who aren't NCAA employees. I assumed wrongly that it would be some other portion of the ncaa. So that's a relief.