2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Kansas Basketball.
jhawk23

Re: 2023 Transfer Portal and NBA Declarations

Post by jhawk23 »

"Hes not that good tho"...haven't seen him play yet... :/ Maybe he works out with Christian and gets that bulldog attitude and puts on some muscle. Becomes the stronger, faster Lightfoot?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jhawk23 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:25 pm "Hes not that good tho"...haven't seen him play yet... :/ Maybe he works out with Christian and gets that bulldog attitude and puts on some muscle. Becomes the stronger, faster Lightfoot?
Mitch Lightfoot would absolutely school this dude. Hes basically a practice body and emergency big.

Since we only have one actual post player on this roster now
jhawk23

Post by jhawk23 »

I love your confidence in HCBS and his staff...brother has been here...proven himself...family is buying in...yet you've resigned this guy to the last kid picked for a pick up game...Makes ZERO sense.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Hcbs needed to find a couple bodies after zuby and udeh left. Braun is one of them. Here's some highlights. He is 6'10 and fairly skilled and versatile. That counts for something. But realistically speaking what are you expecting from him jhawk23? He's been in the portal awhile and it was barely even mentioned that KU was showing interest in him. It wasn't until a lot of the other targets committed elsewhere and then zuby and udeh both transfered. He is not a big time recruit. Im not the only one saying this. A less muscular cam Martin is probably a fair comparison
https://youtu.be/CpzFmuVBAG4
jhawk23

Post by jhawk23 »

Yes, yes...have seen that video...my point was WE have NOT seen him suit up in a Kansas uniform. We all know that can make a difference. Get him in...strength conditioning...work out with Christian so he can let him know what to expect. Just not the negative Nancy you seem to be on the kid. And I don't think first year Lightfoot would school him. He has a good pedigree. Again, family has bought in. Hopefully the staff can get him where they want him...The other two are gone. Have faith in HCBS.
This may not be the last play he has in his hand...yes..it is late in the game...but things happen.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jhawk23 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:58 pm Yes, yes...have seen that video...my point was WE have NOT seen him suit up in a Kansas uniform. We all know that can make a difference. Get him in...strength conditioning...work out with Christian so he can let him know what to expect. Just not the negative Nancy you seem to be on the kid. And I don't think first year Lightfoot would school him. He has a good pedigree. Again, family has bought in. Hopefully the staff can get him where they want him...The other two are gone. Have faith in HCBS.
This may not be the last play he has in his hand...yes..it is late in the game...but things happen.
I have all the faith in the world in hcbs. But I am realistic than Braun is a roster filler. An emergency big. You know he's Christians OLDER brother right? He's 24. We aren't going to see massive improvement from him. Mitch was here 6 years. This guy will be here 1 season

But I get what you are saying. Hes a good addition to the end of the roster. Im happy to have him. We needed to add a couple bodies. And hopefully self can still find another. But im not going to pretend its a good addition after losing udeh and zuby to the portal
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Paurker!

Is he getting a scholly?

Is he a Kansas resident or otherwise eligible for in-state tuition?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:02 pm Paurker!

Is he getting a scholly?

Is he a Kansas resident or otherwise eligible for in-state tuition?
Mama Braun was quoted saying that he is a scholarship guy
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hmm.

I’d kinda be surprised if he gets many minutes.

But I said the same thing about his bro.

So maybe saying so will do the trick, and he’ll end up being good for us.

I’d be happy to eat more crauw.
jhawk23

Post by jhawk23 »

Just like an asshole...everyone has an opinion...as far as that asshat on Twitter you put up...different COACH...STAFF and team...I'm just not going to shit on the kid until he proves a reason for it. Then I will. If Udeh and Zuby were going to help...and I am certainly in no position to say they wouldn't have...there must have been a reason HCBS and his staff didn't do more to keep them. Things happen and maybe they "the coaching staff and HCBS" thought they had something more coming in...Hunter is a good get, but...
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

There will be some quality bigs available when some of them are advised to pull out of the draft and go to school for another year.

Randy - are we really gonna listen to a guy named Fat White?
jhawk23

Post by jhawk23 »

Thank YOU! AIOerter! Took me back to the 2008 Final Four first half...Billy Packer (rest the man)...this game is oooooveeeerrrr....
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

AlOerter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:28 pm There will be some quality bigs available when some of them are advised to pull out of the draft and go to school for another year.

Fat white isn't wrong
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

AlOerter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:28 pm There will be some quality bigs available when some of them are advised to pull out of the draft and go to school for another year.

https://twitter.com/NFLbadtakes/status/ ... Xx5cw&s=19
jhawk23

Post by jhawk23 »

"Fat white isn't wrong"...thank goodness Billy Packer ended up puckering his butthole in 08...and all the asshats that wrote off the team the last go round being down at half were WRONG as well.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jhawk23 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:49 pm "Fat white isn't wrong"...thank goodness Billy Packer ended up puckering his butthole in 08...and all the asshats that wrote off the team the last go round being down at half were WRONG as well.
Why in the world are we referencing something Billy packer said 15 years ago lol

Has nothing to do with Parker braun

Hes a nice addition. He will have about as big an impact as Dwight coleby, gethro Muscadin, cam Martin, etc

Useful big body for practice and emergency depth
jhawk23

Post by jhawk23 »

Why would you reference someone Fat White? Same principal...someone that does NOT know their ass from their elbow as far as what HCBS and the staff can do with a guy coming in...AGAIN...I won't shit all over a kid that might read this board and think...what a bunch of assholes.
surly

Post by surly »

parker the first missouri tiger to also play for the ku jayhawks? the portal does give us some interesting situations.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Good point. Makes me feel better. The off-season is far from over.

While I dunno how much about the field of bigs in the draft, or whether a big currently in the draft will wanna come play 2nd fiddle to an incumbent AA, I still think we score another quality big yet. All we need is one more.

Hunter, (tbd), KJ, Parkour a solid frontcourt.

Heck, maybe draft withdrawals flush us out a seasoned wing yet too.