Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Ugh.
randylahey

Re: Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Post by randylahey »

And no, still can't see how race plays into obtaining an ID
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:47 am Unfortunately we have a political party committed to flooding our country with illegals that shouldn't be voting. Thats why voter ID matters
Right, the Dems are "committed to flooding our country with illegals" and "THAT'S why voter ID matters".
VGR!

P.S. I'm still waiting for you to admit you're an idiot in regards to your Nancy Pelosi post and the fact that you typically do ZERO research in to the shit you post that you find on social media and feel the need to share on here.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Do you think minorities aren't capable of getting an ID? What does that say about you if you genuinely beleive voter id is racist
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:01 am Do you think minorities aren't capable of getting an ID? What does that say about you if you genuinely beleive voter id is racist
PLEASE spend 5 minutes educating yourself. For your sake and the sake of people on here like myself who are foolish enough to read and care about what you post.
I don't think, I know SOME minority people are "not capable" of getting an ID.
I never said I believe voter ID is (or isn't) "racist". Did I?
Realize you're the guy that said, "The argument that it affects minorities more is racist as hell" and "What the hell kind of half ass adult doesn't have an ID".
Do you truly believe that "The argument that it affects minorities more is racist as hell"?
Do you truly not understand the reasons why someone might not have an ID? You really feel the need to call someone "half ass" who doesn't have an ID?

P.S. I'm still waiting for a response in regards to your Nancy Pelosi post.
Just admit you are dumb enough to believe shit people you have never heard of post on social media - without doing your own research. When you do, I'll stop harping on it.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 5:47 am Unfortunately we have a political party committed to flooding our country with illegals that shouldn't be voting. Thats why voter ID matters
The pesky thing is, the evidence doesn’t bear this out. But if you have factual support for this, by all means offer it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hasn’t Biden been like about as tough as Trump about borders and immigration policy?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

there are greater than 500+ days between now and the big election in nov 2024. that is more than enough time for anyone that needs identification to obtain proper identification.

i could walk to california and back, in less time. like 5 times.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 6:55 pm the upside of no identification could be that I get to vote as many times as I would like. I just keep coming back as someone else.

That might work.
If only our voting locations kept a list of who has voted and who hasn't.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:44 am there are greater than 500+ days between now and the big election in nov 2024. that is more than enough time for anyone that needs identification to obtain proper identification.

i could walk to california and back, in less time. like 5 times.
It’s a solution in search of a problem. The frequency of actual, real, documented voter fraud is so low that, in my opinion, the disenfranchisement that would result from making voting harder is not worth it.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Randy needs to swap his positions on vaccines and voter fraud! He says vaccines are unnecessary because the disease only affects a small percentage of people. On the other hand he wants to institute a solution to something which is not really a problem!!
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

how do these people buy booze without an id?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

zsn wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:42 am Randy needs to swap his positions on vaccines and voter fraud! He says vaccines are unnecessary because the disease only affects a small percentage of people. On the other hand he wants to institute a solution to something which is not really a problem!!
Right; death by Covid is tens or hundreds, maybe thousands, of times more prevalent than actual voter fraud.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

how would you know that. nobody has an id. we can't prove who you are.

most of us live in a civilized society. we cannot just do whatever we want whenever we want.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Pretty sure voter suppression is a much bigger issue than voter fraud
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if you want to do whatever you want. whenever you want. without any consequences. move to sanfrancisco.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Grandpa's off his meds again
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:53 am how would you know that. nobody has an id. we can't prove who you are.

most of us live in a civilized society. we cannot just do whatever we want whenever we want.
How would we know what? That actual voter fraud is vanishingly rare?

Because, as an example, the loser of the last presidential election filed dozens and dozens of lawsuits, in courts with hand-picked judges, and was laughed out of the room over and over and over.

The evidence just isn't there.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

maybe voter fraud is rare because we currently require proper identification to vote.

not sure why this is a hot topic for conversation today. any person that does not have their proper identification has plenty of time to get that remedied.

i guess the hysteria machine is getting a headstart on the 2024 election cycle. gotta get the rabble all ginned up.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:39 am maybe voter fraud is rare because we currently require proper identification to vote.

not sure why this is a hot topic for conversation today. any person that does not have their proper identification has plenty of time to get that remedied.

i guess the hysteria machine is getting a headstart on the 2024 election cycle. gotta get the rabble all ginned up.
We don't require "proper identification" to vote. Not everywhere. And yet incidence of fraud is rare.

The only ginning up here is being done in right-wing media. Creating solutions in search of problems. And here you are, hook line and sinker.
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

In 2014 there was a study of the past (at the time) 1 BILLION votes case at all levels (federal, state, local)...

You remember 2014 - when there really weren't many states that required ID to vote.

You know what the study found? There were 31 instances of voter fraud. OUT OF 1 BILLION FUCKING VOTES. And not 31 cases of mass voter fraud - 31 votes cast were fraudulent.

That's it.

In 2014.

But you fucking people lost your shit as the Republicans preyed upon all of your fears and insecurities (that they convinced you of over the previous 30 years).

So just stop. It's, like JFish said, a solution looking for a problem (that doesn't exist).

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/def ... d_Myth.pdf

https://www.kxan.com/news/us-politics/e ... ts-report/

Paywall blocked, but this is the actual article by WaPo that investigated the 1 billion votes. The PDF above references this article as well:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... lots-cast/