Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Ugh.
kubowler99

Re: Where's the FL Gov Ron DeFascist thread?

Post by kubowler99 »

Sorry - it was 31, not 32 instances. I edited the above to reflect the correct number. My mistake.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if we are going to have an open border, it is even more crucial that we require proper identification.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

squirrel!!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:55 am if we are going to have an open border, it is even more crucial that we require proper identification.
We don't have an open border. Seriously, you'd be better off getting NO news than getting "news" from Fox etc.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

how do you pick up your kid at school without providing identification? with all the heightened security surrounding the schools and all.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

kubowler99 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:49 am In 2014 there was a study of the past (at the time) 1 BILLION votes case at all levels (federal, state, local)...

You remember 2014 - when there really weren't many states that required ID to vote.

You know what the study found? There were 31 instances of voter fraud. OUT OF 1 BILLION FUCKING VOTES. And not 31 cases of mass voter fraud - 31 votes cast were fraudulent.

That's it.

In 2014.

But you fucking people lost your shit as the Republicans preyed upon all of your fears and insecurities (that they convinced you of over the previous 30 years).

So just stop. It's, like JFish said, a solution looking for a problem (that doesn't exist).

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/def ... d_Myth.pdf

https://www.kxan.com/news/us-politics/e ... ts-report/

Paywall blocked, but this is the actual article by WaPo that investigated the 1 billion votes. The PDF above references this article as well:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... lots-cast/
You, and your "facts"!

https://twitter.com/BryanDawsonUSA/stat ... wsrc%5Etfw
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:22 am
randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:01 am Do you think minorities aren't capable of getting an ID? What does that say about you if you genuinely beleive voter id is racist
PLEASE spend 5 minutes educating yourself. For your sake and the sake of people on here like myself who are foolish enough to read and care about what you post.
I don't think, I know SOME minority people are "not capable" of getting an ID.
I never said I believe voter ID is (or isn't) "racist". Did I?
Realize you're the guy that said, "The argument that it affects minorities more is racist as hell" and "What the hell kind of half ass adult doesn't have an ID".
Do you truly believe that "The argument that it affects minorities more is racist as hell"?
Do you truly not understand the reasons why someone might not have an ID? You really feel the need to call someone "half ass" who doesn't have an ID?

P.S. I'm still waiting for a response in regards to your Nancy Pelosi post.
Just admit you are dumb enough to believe shit people you have never heard of post on social media - without doing your own research. When you do, I'll stop harping on it.
I'll give you this one rainbows. I was wrong about pelosi, I'll admit I never took time to verify what houses she's bought with her millions. Its relatively meaningless information. But that doesn't mean I don't look into other things

Why did I admit I was wrong here? Because nobody on this damn board ever does, and its something we should change

Rainbows and I often disagree politically, but he is one of the few of you that are at least relatively respectful and willing to have an actual conversation
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Feral wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:27 am
kubowler99 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:49 am In 2014 there was a study of the past (at the time) 1 BILLION votes case at all levels (federal, state, local)...

You remember 2014 - when there really weren't many states that required ID to vote.

You know what the study found? There were 31 instances of voter fraud. OUT OF 1 BILLION FUCKING VOTES. And not 31 cases of mass voter fraud - 31 votes cast were fraudulent.

That's it.

In 2014.

But you fucking people lost your shit as the Republicans preyed upon all of your fears and insecurities (that they convinced you of over the previous 30 years).

So just stop. It's, like JFish said, a solution looking for a problem (that doesn't exist).

Paywall blocked, but this is the actual article by WaPo that investigated the 1 billion votes. The PDF above references this article as well:
You, and your "facts"!

Propaganda central lol. The fact that democrats have changed "voter verification" into "voter suppression" in the eyes of so many of their followers is impressive marketing.

And also absolute bullshit
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:21 am how do you pick up your kid at school without providing identification? with all the heightened security surrounding the schools and all.
Not even sure what these mouth noises mean.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

other than they have something to hide. what is a valid reason for a citizen not to have their proper identification in 2023. and don't say because they lost it. they can get a replacement.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:31 am
Feral wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:27 am

That's it.

In 2014.

You, and your "facts"!

Propaganda central lol. The fact that democrats have changed "voter verification" into "voter suppression" in the eyes of so many of their followers is impressive marketing.

And also absolute bullshit
I'm shocked - SHOCKED - that a rube is out there accusing other people of doing exactly what the rube's clan does. Unprecedented, this.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:34 am other than they have something to hide. what is a valid reason for a citizen not to have their proper identification in 2023. and don't say because they lost it. they can get a replacement.
Getting ID costs money. Requires transportation and documents. Takes time. Is conducted exclusively/primarily in English.

You can see how ID requirements might very well have disproportionate burden on those who don't vote like the folks would prefer.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

In a perfect world, everyone would cast an informed verified vote.

We have a long way to go to to get there
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:36 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:34 am other than they have something to hide. what is a valid reason for a citizen not to have their proper identification in 2023. and don't say because they lost it. they can get a replacement.
Getting ID costs money. Requires transportation and documents. Takes time. Is conducted exclusively/primarily in English.

You can see how ID requirements might very well have disproportionate burden on those who don't vote like the folks would prefer.
How many people on this board do not have an ID?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:39 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:36 am

How many people on this board do not have an ID?
Why am I not surprised that you have sample and bias issues?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:38 am In a perfect world, everyone would cast an informed verified vote.

We have a long way to go to to get there
You're just itching to go from voter ID requirements right to loyalty tests, arentcha.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:29 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:22 am
randylahey wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:01 am Do you think minorities aren't capable of getting an ID? What does that say about you if you genuinely beleive voter id is racist
PLEASE spend 5 minutes educating yourself. For your sake and the sake of people on here like myself who are foolish enough to read and care about what you post.
I don't think, I know SOME minority people are "not capable" of getting an ID.
I never said I believe voter ID is (or isn't) "racist". Did I?
Realize you're the guy that said, "The argument that it affects minorities more is racist as hell" and "What the hell kind of half ass adult doesn't have an ID".
Do you truly believe that "The argument that it affects minorities more is racist as hell"?
Do you truly not understand the reasons why someone might not have an ID? You really feel the need to call someone "half ass" who doesn't have an ID?

P.S. I'm still waiting for a response in regards to your Nancy Pelosi post.
Just admit you are dumb enough to believe shit people you have never heard of post on social media - without doing your own research. When you do, I'll stop harping on it.
I'll give you this one rainbows. I was wrong about pelosi, I'll admit I never took time to verify what houses she's bought with her millions. Its relatively meaningless information. But that doesn't mean I don't look into other things

Why did I admit I was wrong here? Because nobody on this damn board ever does, and its something we should change

Rainbows and I often disagree politically, but he is one of the few of you that are at least relatively respectful and willing to have an actual conversation
OK, I give you credit for admitting you were wrong and didn't take time to verify the social media post you shared BUT......
These were YOUR exact words - "One of my favorite pandemic moments in Florida was when Nancy pelosi decided to buy a multi million dollar mansion in Florida during the middle of the pandemic".
That's mostly why I am giving you a hard time. It never happened - so how could it be one of your favorite moments?

Moving on, I think YOU are giving ME too much credit. I'm really typically not respectful towards you. Partially because I get aggravated that you seem to not want to discuss things and engage people in thoughtful dialogue and it's more of your wanting to share things you find on social media from people you have no idea about - that at times make/s you look foolish in doing as such. I have NO ill will towards you otherwise.
I'm always happy to have conversations with people who's views and ideas differ from me and mine - if it can be done respectfully - and somewhat thoughtfully.
I'll add, I'm an idiot. I like being educated - in a respectful manner.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

they have plenty of time between now and nov 2024. and if they cannot get it done in the next 500+ days, then i would say voting isn't that important to them.

doesn't seem like too much to ask.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

#senilityisabitch
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Rainbows your disrespect comes off as frustration with endless bickering, not genuine disrespect. Although I disagree with your opinions, I can tell you genuinely have good intentions behind them. And I feel you are one of the least shitty people on this board, even if you have an approach I dont often agree with.

So I'll admit my attitude has gotten way shittier with some of you over the past few years. In the beginning I always disagreed respectfully. But I was greeted with a lot of disrespect in a politically toxic environment, which made me give less and less of a fuck about being respectful over time