Vick

Kansas Basketball.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Vick

Post by DCHawk1 »

Gutter wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:09 pm I admit my ignorance. Who didn't we get that Self felt the need to take Vick back?
Stache
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Gutter wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:09 pm I admit my ignorance. Who didn't we get that Self felt the need to take Vick back?
Romeo Langford????
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
columbusdjkc

Post by columbusdjkc »

Geezer wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:30 pm
Romeo Langford????
Weren’t we going after that 5th year transfer kid that could shoot 3s?
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I hope everything is fine with Vick.
There are about 4 weeks until Senior Night.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Some of you are real assholes.
But we knew that already.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Dr. - I have a co-worker who is a KU alum. She is going to Lawrence for the game on March 9th. I told her it was Senior Night. She was oblivious. How can you not know that a game in March has the potential to be a Senior Night game and if you're a big fan I would think you would be following the Big 12 race and look at our upcoming schedule. Oh well, lucky her. Maybe. Always great to be in Allen but sure would suck if we lose and had to witness Baylor and not us celebrating a Big 12 title on our floor.

Like you Dr., I hope everything is "fine" with him - but clearly it seems something/s isn't/aren't.
The fact that his mother felt a need to tell the Star that she wants/needs him home tells me either she's pissed at Self (didn't seem to be after the KSU game) and/or there are some family issues.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

pdub wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:59 am Some of you are real assholes.
Help me out. Why post that this morning? What transpired on this thread since Newton's post around 7:00pm last night that would make you feel need to post it?
Did anyone say/post anything that was assholish?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i was about to, if that counts
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:52 pm I hope everything is fine with Vick.
Or, about 56 weeks.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

painter wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:51 pm We're playing with house money at this point.
-No Dok
-No Silvo
and I'm guessing no LaGerald for awhile?
I’d be pretty surprised if this isn’t the end here for Vick.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:47 am
painter wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:51 pm We're playing with house money at this point.
-No Dok
-No Silvo
and I'm guessing no LaGerald for awhile?
I’d be pretty surprised if this isn’t the end here for Vick.
Agree - whatever happened, it didn't happen all of the sudden and out of the blue yesterday. I think it's time to ride or die with what's here.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Romeo Langford chose to take the Trae Young route, stay home and be a local hero on an underperforming bubble team at Indiana.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DrPepper wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:52 pm I hope everything is fine with Vick.
I was trying to envision Bill Self's speech to the crowd to introduce Vick on Senior Night but all I can picture is a lot of head shaking.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Ollie is a Senior. He will be featured instead.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:07 am
Romeo Langford chose to take the Trae Young route, stay home and be a local hero on an underperforming bubble team at Indiana.
He also apparently chose to forget how to shoot the 3.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Gutter wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:03 am
Help me out. Why post that this morning? What transpired on this thread since Newton's post around 7:00pm last night that would make you feel need to post it?

It was to those who disagreed with his defense that Vick is better than SVI and the Terminator. Sorry to the board for the vulgarity created for not believing those claims.
I am, I said.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Soklous wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:09 am
Gutter wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:03 am

It was to those who disagreed with his defense that Vick is better than SVI and the Terminator. Sorry to the board for the vulgarity created for not believing those claims.
For what, 2+ years now, you, I, jfish, and a couple of other posters have been right about Vick all along. Apologies, I guess.

Vick has a troubled mind, and I do hope that gets taken care of. But, I'm not sure how that makes us assholes for recognizing it long ago.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Is there anyway a KU janitor could "accidently" spill some paint thinner on the court to erase all or most of the 3 point lines prior to every home game the rest of the year? I think with Vick out, getting rid of the 3 point line would really help our chances of winning those games.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:54 am Is there anyway a KU janitor could "accidently" spill some paint thinner on the court to erase all or most of the 3 point lines prior to every home game the rest of the year? I think with Vick out, getting rid of the 3 point line would really help our chances of winning those games.
What would be great is if they'd move the line back to the NBA line.
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

We'll never know what the issue is with Vick. Whatever it is, it isn't new. The quality of his play has been going downhill ever since late November. He looked great then but lately he's been sucking eggs. Obviously it's not an injury; we'd know about that. So seems like it has to be one or more of 3 different things -
1. Personal medical issue or (more likely) mental health issue
2. Major medical issue with someone in the family
3. He could be getting f'd up with drugs somehow
The indefinite time line on top of his deteriorating play quality, to me speak to either #1 or #3.
We'll probably never know and frankly it's none of our business. I wish him well but why couldn't this have happened at some other time? Losing him means the team is now minus 3 of their 5 projected starters at the beginning of the season, and losing him most likely is the last nail in the coffin of championship #15.
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."