Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by randylahey »

And there isn't a single valid argument you can come up with against this
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Here is my valid argument.
I got my Covid shots with the understanding that I was trying to protect myself from a more serious infection. I understood it wasn’t a grill immunity.

I never thought I wouldn’t get it after the shots.
And so did millions of other people. They understood the same thing.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:29 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:09 pm The idea behind demanding everyone getting vaccinated was that it would stop the spread of covid. Thats the lie we were sold by biden, faucci, Bill gates, the entire legacy media. "If you get the vaccine you won't get covid, you won't spread covid" and it simply wasn't true. Not only was it not true, they had zero data supporting it to be true, because they had not even done any studies on it. The only studies done were measuring if the vaccines reduced severity of symptoms, and had nothing to do with transmissibility.

And yet these people had the audacity to demand/coerce the whole world be part of the vaccine trial experiment. With no long term data whatsoever. And no studies on how it the vaccine affects transmisibility.

And they did all this while knowing that the majority of people experienced zero symptoms, or mild symptoms, from the virus

Every bit of this statement is factual and backed by evidence
You’re not clever. We know you’re focusing on Covid transmission (as opposed to prognosis) because there are a couple videos out there of public figures incorrectly saying that the vaccine stops the spread.

It’s just a silly gotcha game, that (as usual) intentionally misses the point. But sure, strap the gloves back on and go goalpost-movin.
It's also incredibly dumb to use today's vaccine data to try to play gotcha about decisions made in 2020-2021 against fundamentally different viruses with vaccines that were significantly more effective.

The early data against the original variants, as well as all variants through delta, wasn't wrong. The vaccines were very effective at stopping transmission prior to omicron.

The previous variants have essentially disappeared, yes they've been outcompeted by omicron but also because of widespread immunity.

Essentially what randy is trying to do, is criticize someone for wearing a coat on a cold day in January because it was 80 degrees today.

It's also comical how he misrepresents everyone's arguments...including his own...which is really weird.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

he’s special

like, really special
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:26 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:04 pm It was later proven that not only did the vaccines not stop the spread of covid, they never tested if they reduced the spread before unveiling them to the public. Then they lied to us with propaganda to coerce everyone to get it, despite half the population being asymptomatic, and another 40ish percent having mild symptoms. Only the exceptions of people had severe symptoms.

I was right, you were wrong, they never should have forced it on every one. But enough dumb people gave into the fear tactics of power hungry politicians
Delusional.
Dumb.
Clueless.

You're an idiot. You're constantly wrong about EVERYTHING. You constantly lie. You are fooled at every turn. You don't have sources, when you do it's garbage. You make this whole message board unbearable.

Nearly everything I posted was supported by peer reviewed research articles. You are the one duped by politics and social media whose constantly trying to rewrite history.

It's embarrassing. You're insufferable.
Randall seriously makes this entire board nearly unbearable.

I am seriously at the point where trying to interact with people here just isn’t worth it.

The village idiot might just win this one.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He’s a moran.

Please all as a team just foe him.
If you all foe him he’s powerless.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:31 pm He’s a moran.

Please all as a team just foe him.
If you all foe him he’s powerless.
He's on foe. He quotes posts. Until you block that foe is useless.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:09 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:29 pm
randylahey wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:09 pm The idea behind demanding everyone getting vaccinated was that it would stop the spread of covid. Thats the lie we were sold by biden, faucci, Bill gates, the entire legacy media. "If you get the vaccine you won't get covid, you won't spread covid" and it simply wasn't true. Not only was it not true, they had zero data supporting it to be true, because they had not even done any studies on it. The only studies done were measuring if the vaccines reduced severity of symptoms, and had nothing to do with transmissibility.

And yet these people had the audacity to demand/coerce the whole world be part of the vaccine trial experiment. With no long term data whatsoever. And no studies on how it the vaccine affects transmisibility.

And they did all this while knowing that the majority of people experienced zero symptoms, or mild symptoms, from the virus

Every bit of this statement is factual and backed by evidence
You’re not clever. We know you’re focusing on Covid transmission (as opposed to prognosis) because there are a couple videos out there of public figures incorrectly saying that the vaccine stops the spread.

It’s just a silly gotcha game, that (as usual) intentionally misses the point. But sure, strap the gloves back on and go goalpost-movin.
It's also incredibly dumb to use today's vaccine data to try to play gotcha about decisions made in 2020-2021 against fundamentally different viruses with vaccines that were significantly more effective.

The early data against the original variants, as well as all variants through delta, wasn't wrong. The vaccines were very effective at stopping transmission prior to omicron.

The previous variants have essentially disappeared, yes they've been outcompeted by omicron but also because of widespread immunity.

Essentially what randy is trying to do, is criticize someone for wearing a coat on a cold day in January because it was 80 degrees today.

It's also comical how he misrepresents everyone's arguments...including his own...which is really weird.
So when today's vaccine data backs up what i predicted years ago you no longer want to use it?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I hate to say it... I don't foe him because I think he's representative of a very large swath of people, and I think he actually believes what he writes. So I find his dumb shit... Not sure I want to admit this... Interesting.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes.
I need to know what a population of the country thinks even if they are loonies.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Some of you guys should look back through some of the early phases of this thread. There is a lot of shit on here that will piss you off. Before I was even involved
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

For example phd was taking a lot of shots at pdub. And this lobster person ended up being right about several things he was ridiculed for
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I feel like I’d be ok with my reactions then and now.

Remember when you compared Yesufu to Lowry? And said he was better than Dajuan, Braun and Ochai? Oh boy.

You want me find the link?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I got flak for letting you and lobster post.

I’m fine with that.

That doesn’t mean I agree with you morans.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:27 pm I feel like I’d be ok with my reactions then and now.

Remember when you compared Yesufu to Lowry? And said he was better than Dajuan, Braun and Ochai? Oh boy.

You want me find the link?
I've admitted yesefu didnt pan out. I've been admitting that for months. Pdub there are far worse posters than you, some of these dudes won't admit to shit.
BEFORE yesefu got here, he had more proven ncaa tourney than dajuan, Braun, and ochai. I beleive that was when I said he could challenge them for playing time, and physically yesefu is similar to Lowry. Same body type and physical tools
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:28 pm I got flak for letting you and lobster post.

I’m fine with that.

That doesn’t mean I agree with you morans.
I ended up being right about things they didn't want you to allow me to post though. It just goes to show where some of these other guys are at. I have never once asked for or expected anyone else to be silenced

People who have opinions different than mine should still be allowed to share them
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I saw a guy on the sidewalk today with the same body type as Steph Curry. I thought, holy shit, there’s the next Steph Curry! and also the inconvenience of two shots to protect against a disease thar killed millions wasn’t worth anyone’s time ever.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Randy has never been right about anything that is supported by peer reviewed data.

Twitter and YouTube conspiracy theory accounts agreeing with him doesn't make him right.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:38 pm I saw a guy on the sidewalk today with the same body type as Steph Curry. I thought, holy shit, there’s the next Steph Curry! and also the inconvenience of two shots to protect against a disease thar killed millions wasn’t worth anyone’s time ever.
Oh come on. Yesefu was a young explosive scorer who was blossoming. Averaged over 20 the last few months of his final season at Drake. Including 2 tourney games he went over 20. One of those games was against usc, who beat KU by 40

A lot of people, including bill self, had high hopes for yesefu coming to Kansas. You'll have to find something better to ridicule me for. Yesefu didn't pan out, but he was a very promising recruit coming in

https://www2.kusports.com/news/2021/jun ... sufu-ende/
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:50 pm Randy has never been right about anything that is supported by peer reviewed data.

Twitter and YouTube conspiracy theory accounts agreeing with him doesn't make him right.
I encouraged people that wanted to get vaccinated to do so. I encouraged people to make their own choices. That was my crime??

Turns out the vaccine was not tested to see if it would decrease transmisibility. Turns out the vaccine did not stop the spread. And we k we knew all along that most people didn't need it, and their immune systems were naturally capable of defending them from covid.

So which part was I wrong about?

You on the other hand were the extremist that thought it was necessary for EVERYONE to get vaccinated.

While I was neutral, I got vaccinated, I was fine with people choosing to get vaccinated or not, whatever they felt was best for them. I was only against the coercion of manipulating people into thinking they had to do it