Finding New Shit on TV

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by pdub »

I'm watching Lasso tonight.
I read that this was the series finale...but has since read that maybe that's not the case?

Spoilers:
I disliked Keely's arc in season 3. Not because she had a relationship with a woman but that the relationship with that woman was so quickly forced and useless to the story. Maybe they wrap it up tonight but I strongly doubt it. Either have her get back with Roy, or if Jamie's story of bettering himself had been amped up, him, or be fine ( and successful ) being an independent single woman.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:32 am I'm watching Lasso tonight.
I read that this was the series finale...but has since read that maybe that's not the case?

Spoilers:
I disliked Keely's arc in season 3. Not because she had a relationship with a woman but that the relationship with that woman was so quickly forced and useless to the story. Maybe they wrap it up tonight but I strongly doubt it. Either have her get back with Roy, or if Jamie's story of bettering himself had been amped up, him, or be fine ( and successful ) being an independent single woman.
There's a pretty good few minutes spent on that. It's a fitting scene too.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My guess is Keely just learns to be independent and that she doesn't need someone in her life.
Roy respects that. They do their own thing. That's fine.
Just introducing Jack this season, who had no character at all, felt beyond forced to me.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:40 am My guess is Keely just learns to be independent and that she doesn't need someone in her life.
Roy respects that. They do their own thing. That's fine.
Just introducing Jack this season, who had no character at all, felt beyond forced to me.
Agreed. That was the part of the season that I couldn't stand.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Am I the only one watching FDR on the History Channel?

Pretty good stuff so far. Last episode is tonight. I won't give spoilers.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Spoiler alert.
FDR dies while in office.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Succession talk.

Do we think Roman is more happy or more sad than he was at the beginning of season 1 than in his final scene at the end of season 4?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Disgraced (2017), on Showtime

dave bliss is still a pos
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Somebody, Somewhere on HBO has some depth to it and a bit of humor.
And...it's set in manhattan Kansas!

( the main character spent 10 years in Lawrence and sports a KU shirt and a Johnny West tshirt amongst a sea of purple - and, even better, she is absolutely miserable in the shittiness that is manhattan )
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if anyone else has Showtime, Your Honor (w/ Brian Cranston) is fantastic
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Avatar 2 of course is gorgeous to look at and you go in knowing it’s gonna be your basic formula which it is

Here’s the thing that I was thinking wut?
Spoilers:

So they abandon the forest peeps and are hiding out at sea for what, a few months? Movie ends and Jake says we are leaving now and thinks for a second and goes this is our home now.

You grew up in the forest, got all those skills, fought to save it, made friends, became their leader, then are totally cool in never going back?

Anyways, here comes Avatar 3.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i couldn’t make it more than 15 minutes before loosing interest
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yea. Gotta be honest I was half on my phone the entire time.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:28 am Yea. Gotta be honest I was half on my phone the entire time.
https://youtu.be/F0RKXTtfRt4
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:52 am Once Upon a Time is by far my least favorite of Tarantino’s
Just watched this and completely agree. It has the things I like about Tarantino movies, which I usually love... but there wasn't a story. Like, it seemed like he was developing one in the first half, but then it just switched to something different, but not really that intriguing. Like From Dusk Til Dawn, but the two different stories in the latter are probably better, and that's a major insult to the former.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:10 pm
KUTradition wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:52 am Once Upon a Time is by far my least favorite of Tarantino’s
Just watched this and completely agree. It has the things I like about Tarantino movies, which I usually love... but there wasn't a story. Like, it seemed like he was developing one in the first half, but then it just switched to something different, but not really that intriguing. Like From Dusk Til Dawn, but the two different stories in the latter are probably better, and that's a major insult to the former.
I thought "Once Upon a Time" was very meh for Tarantino, too.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

just started Muscles & Mayhem on Netflix…the story of American Gladiators

nostalgic awesomeness
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Feral wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:15 pm
Reading now about Sharon Tate and the Manson family; I didn't know anything about that. It's a pre-req for the movie, it makes no sense without that context.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Mjl wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:43 pm
Feral wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:15 pm

Reading now about Sharon Tate and the Manson family; I didn't know anything about that. It's a pre-req for the movie, it makes no sense without that context.
^^^^
i didn’t realize the connection before watching, and had this “aha” epiphany mid-movie
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Pawn Sacrifice was on HBO.
Underrated movie.

Bobby Fischer was a genius ( also a crazy ).
I went to read more about him after he vanished from the public and I guess he stayed at a chess grandmasters house ten years after the Spassky match and they played 17 times and the guy never won. He said there was no point to play Bobby. He was that good.