What is a woman?

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: What is a woman?

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:15 pm i’m gonna ask my mechanic about this sore on my foot
Why, is he a Christian?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Sydney Sweeney is a woman.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:54 pm Sydney Sweeney is a woman.
You into fairly conventionally attractive women?

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:21 pm What businesses does the school system actually have when it comes to young elementary age children and their sexuality or gender?

Why is that even on their radar?

Honestly. How is that a priority people are defending
2023 in the USA....
Where school systems "prioritize" sexuality and gender - as well as how not to get shot and killed in school. That and a bunch of religious/religion based bullshit.
Kind of crazy. Dontcha think?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i think teachers prioritize students feeling safe (shootings aside) and welcome, more than anything else

(as they should)

what that looks like depends on the student and situation
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:32 pm i think teachers prioritize students feeling safe (shootings aside) and welcome, more than anything else

(as they should)

what that looks like depends on the student and situation
Which, when you really distill this all down, leads to the hardest nuts to crack* here.

At what age does a parent NOT have absolute authority over their child? Because the laws say that is NOT necessarily 18!

At what age does a child have the right to direct that a school or coach or whatever not tell a parent something that is relevant to the child's well-being? Correspondingly, until what age MUST a school or coach or whatever tell the parents something relevant to the child's well-bring?

At what age is the child physically, mentally, emotionally and socially equipped to have agency over who/what/why they are what they are, in terms of sexual identity?

These questions are hard as fuck to sort, if you're the type who is actually interested in looking at and discussing these issues reasonably, rationally, objectively and in good faith.

(These questions are quite simple to sort otherwise, because you simply answer them in the way that is most convenient for you at the time.)

* You will note that I have not included the red herring BUT BUT BUT WHAT ABOUT HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS GUH BUD LIGHT GUH TARGET grunting. For all the headlines, it's simply so vanishingly rare of an issue that it should not be included in adult conversations about this topic. It's a red-meat distraction.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

beyonce is a woman.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I see the kid in MICH's profile pic and am tempted to ask him a few respectful questions about him/her but instead I will ask everyone a single question.

If you had/have a 14 year old male child and one day he came home and told you he identifies as a woman or wants to transition in to being a woman, would you love him any less?
Or if you had/have a 14 year old female child and one day she came home and told you she identifies as a man or wants to transition in to being a man, would you love her any less?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

not sure that’s quite how it works gutter, but any decent person would love their child regardless
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas