Charges

Ugh.
defixione
Contributor

Re: Charges

Post by defixione »

So . . . stupid question time . . . did Trump have to post bail and forfeit his passport or was he released on his own recognizance? Is any of that required in a Federal case?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Watching the news now. No travel restrictions can keep his passport. Not sure about bail.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

His guilt is so manifest it embarasses me Trump is not in solitary.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:18 pm Watching the news now. No travel restrictions can keep his passport. Not sure about bail.
You know, some people aren’t entirely WRONG when they say Trump is not being treated like a normal defendant.
kubowler99

Post by kubowler99 »

Outside of the obvious prosecution of the perp, one related result I would like to see is a significant increase in oversight of how a president handles and manages confidential and top secret documents and information. The fact they can and have (intentionally or mistakenly) removed these documents from secure facilities is concerning, to say the least. It seems as though there may need to be some revisions to how these are handled moving forward.

It's obvious that had the perp not been an arrogant, narcissistic, moron, it's very likely we would have never known about how bad it actually was. If he had simply returned everything 12-18 months ago, this all goes away. Which means he would have been able to do all of it and never faced any retribution.

That needs to be fixed asap.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I don’t disagree, but it needs to be addressed alongside significant changes to our severe overclassification problem.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

what i don’t think has been discussed here is Jack Smith’s comment about wanting a fast trial

i wonder what he would consider fast, reasonably, in this case?

is such a thing even possible?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:57 am what i don’t think has been discussed here is Jack Smith’s comment about wanting a fast trial

i wonder what he would consider fast, reasonably, in this case?

is such a thing even possible?
My understanding is that this is something that, in a normal case, would be a 6-9 month thing. Obviously that will not be the timeline here.

That said, I think DOJ is playing a bit of strategy, bringing this action ahead of the 1/6 action (and holding in reserve the threat of bringing a separate action in New Jersey for the dissemination of NDI). I think one of the purposes of this sequencing is to discourage delay games; fine, delay in Florida, but it's coming elsewhere.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Today is Don's 77th. Happy birthday, Don! Might I suggest enjoying the golf course, a steak-and-ketchup dinner, clothes that are not government-issue, and the other niceties of liberty?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Sununu with some decent sound bites on cnn

“Look, it’s absolute nonsense. They’re scraping the bottom of the barrel to find some type of defense so that he won’t come after them, so the other conservative media outlets don’t come after them. It’s really all done in fear.”

that, cravenness, and general lack of integrity
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:07 pm Sununu with some decent sound bites on cnn

“Look, it’s absolute nonsense. They’re scraping the bottom of the barrel to find some type of defense so that he won’t come after them, so the other conservative media outlets don’t come after them. It’s really all done in fear.”

I think it's pure fear of his base. The pubs know there simply isn't a route to national election victory if even a chunk of his base disengages (or worse, follows him into a third party grift-candidacy).

(Side note - none of the pubs have to be thrilled at King Griftalot grifting the base like hell to pay for his defense. It's a zero sum game. Every $50 that goes to the defense fund DOESN'T go to ad buys, etc.)
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:52 pm
KUTradition wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:07 pm Sununu with some decent sound bites on cnn

I think it's pure fear of his base. The pubs know there simply isn't a route to national election victory if even a chunk of his base disengages (or worse, follows him into a third party grift-candidacy).

(Side note - none of the pubs have to be thrilled at King Griftalot grifting the base like hell to pay for his defense. It's a zero sum game. Every $50 that goes to the defense fund DOESN'T go to ad buys, etc.)
To that side note…

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/16 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:58 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:52 pm

To that side note…

https://twitter.com/maggienyt/status/16 ... q_-8Yt1KMA
And people wonder why Nigerian Prince schemes still work after this long.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

AI is getting trained on this shit.
It's going to end up as dumb as randy.