Huggs in trouble again

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Huggs in trouble again

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:01 am
hasbeen wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:26 am Shoulda been gone off the slurs alone.
Huggs sounded drunk when he made those remarks.

If that’s the case, then he did what he did Friday just six weeks AFTER losing a cool mill for spouting off while drunk.

That’s a pretty dark place to be.
Huggs probably was drunk. It's no secret the guy abuses/abused alcohol. He did it in public and we have learned (more than once) he did it in private. The guy has probably been in a dark place for a long time. Just as he and the University of Cincinnati expressed he was back in 2005 - and probably was long before that.
Problem for him is/was what I alluded to yesterday. He had many enablers and while a few people may have wanted him to seek the help he MAY have needed, it was HIS choice and he preferred to not get help. He's somewhat paying the price for it now. Thankfully for him he can and hopefully will still live a decent rest of his life.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:16 am
jfish26 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:01 am
hasbeen wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:26 am Shoulda been gone off the slurs alone.
Huggs sounded drunk when he made those remarks.

If that’s the case, then he did what he did Friday just six weeks AFTER losing a cool mill for spouting off while drunk.

That’s a pretty dark place to be.
Huggs probably was drunk. It's no secret the guy abuses/abused alcohol. He did it in public and we have learned (more than once) he did it in private. The guy has probably been in a dark place for a long time. Just as he and the University of Cincinnati expressed he was back in 2005 - and probably was long before that.
Problem for him is/was what I alluded to yesterday. He had many enablers and while a few people may have wanted him to seek the help he MAY have needed, it was HIS choice and he preferred to not get help. He's somewhat paying the price for it now. Thankfully for him he can and hopefully will still live a decent rest of his life.
Good post.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I think that's a tough end, to a tough story.

Hope he gets where he wants to be.

Sounds like he's aimin' for paradise.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

The big question is whether Self goes after Jesse Edwards again, now that he’s available again.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:23 pm The big question is whether Self goes after Jesse Edwards again, now that he’s available again.
It's really not
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Mjl wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:14 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:23 pm The big question is whether Self goes after Jesse Edwards again, now that he’s available again.
It's really not
Do tell.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

For one, Bob Huggins leaving the Big XII (and probably college basketball) is a bigger deal than one mediocre recruit.
For two, Jesse Edwards wouldn't transfer to Kansas to be Dickinson's backup.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Meh. The sun rises in the East, narcissistic addicts self-destruct. It is no great mystery.

I’d take Edwards over Parker Braun any day. Self could run a two big man lineup with Edwards and Dickinson more successfully than trying to turn a 6’7” forward into a post.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

the sun sets in the west.

KJ is gonna start.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KJ is better than Jesse Edwards.
I think he will be a good forward.

If Edwards wants to come to sit behind KJ and HDick I’m game.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Personally I’m concerned that all this negative energy pdub has been spewing against Hunter might backfire, in which case, we need front court depth even more than we already do.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:26 am Personally I’m concerned that all this negative energy pdub has been spewing against Hunter might backfire, in which case, we need front court depth even more than we already do.
is this a newly found fear?

didn't seem to bother you with Braun or Juan.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Truth.

I’d add for maybe the 3rd or 4th time I think Hunter will be very good at basketball here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

I was concerned with Braun, when, in the underclassman years, the dood self-billed as a bow-and-arrow shooter seemed hesitant to shoot, or to do much of anything at all. But, in a development no one expected, he turned himself into a pro-caliber…utility slasher?, and the crauw remains delicious.

Dajuan still kinda makes me nervous, cuz he stands to play a ton of minutes, even tho he may never be that late-game just go make buckets happen kinda guy that a contender kinda needs. I’d be pleased to be wrong, again, tho.

The different between all that, is I don’t wake up and spend my whole day looking for reasons to loose my mind about it, like pdub’s done with Hunter, and like tdub does with me.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:16 am Truth.

I’d add for maybe the 3rd or 4th time I think Hunter will be very good at basketball here.
Yea, and that’s all you’ve had to say about him
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Dajuan still kinda makes me nervous, cuz he stands to play a ton of minutes, even tho he may never be that late-game just go make buckets happen kinda guy that a contender kinda needs. I’d be pleased to be wrong, again, tho.

but why does it have to be him that fills that role? what’s wrong with him being the guy that finds and gets the ball to the late clock or end of game scorer?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 11:38 pm the sun sets in the west.

KJ is gonna start.
Maybe I'm wrong here.. but I kind of expect kj to take another big step forward this season. He could be one of the best forwards in the league

We know his defense/rebounding/athleticism is going to be elite. That already makes him one of the better players in college. But I think he averages more points than some might be thinking. He can really attack the rim
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:17 am Yea.

I was concerned with Braun, when, in the underclassman years, the dood self-billed as a bow-and-arrow shooter seemed hesitant to shoot, or to do much of anything at all. But, in a development no one expected, he turned himself into a pro-caliber…utility slasher?, and the crauw remains delicious.

The different between all that, is I don’t wake up and spend my whole day looking for reasons to loose my mind about it, like pdub’s done with Hunter, and like tdub does with me.
I agree w/regard to Dajuan. It would be great if he found his way into the weight room this offseason and put some muscle on his frame. It sucked last season holding my breath every time he drew contact.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The fact that I don’t care for how he handles himself off the court means nothing at all with how I think he will contribute on the court.

I didn’t care for Tyreek Hill but he lit up the field regardless.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Didn’t Dajuan have two game winning buckets last season? I know he had at least one.