Uncle Joe

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by DCHawk1 »

Welp...

I tried to be kind about it, but that skirt makes you look fat.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

THAT'S why you need the mirror.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:33 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:43 am virtually no one cares

ramalamadingdong: supported by 3.1%…of pubs
If Cankles and DeFacist can get nicknames, then giving a non-race specific nickname to this Presidential candidate isn't racist.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:41 am Vivek calling out bidens latest bullshit

https://www.instagram.com/p/CurjwppOlMu ... BiNWFlZA==
How is it bullshit? Because some guy who benefits from calling anything he does "bullshit" said so?

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/1 ... 20Thursday.

It seems to be in response to the extended amount of time that active troops have been deployed in Europe as a means to ease that extended period of time while giving these reservists some support as they would be treated as active if deployed.

Not everything is a giant conspiracy or sign of problems. Sometimes it's just the guy in the Big Chair having to do things to manage what is needed.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Amember when saying Obama had big ears was racist?

I do.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

cool story; thanks for sharing
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

You made the rules.

Fatty.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

did i?

never knew i had such power

thanks for pointing it out; glad you’re justheretohelp
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:01 pm Amember when saying Obama had big ears was racist?

I do.
True story.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i did that

you’re welcome
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:39 pm did i?

never knew i had such power

thanks for pointing it out; glad you’re justheretohelp
For chrissake, will you cover yourself!
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

like i said, you’re welcome
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

You can't deny his ears are big, Trad:

https://flic.kr/p/2oPpKjE
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

“colored people”

he just misspoke, lol
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'll be that guy who asks....
Why is there such a big difference between saying people of color and saying colored people?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:54 am
randylahey wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:41 am Vivek calling out bidens latest bullshit

Hi, still waiting for you to tell me the significance of LEOs being in the insurrection mobs.
There no reasoning with you. Make of it what you will. Anyone with an unbiased brain knows the left maximized and milked 1/6 for all it was worth. They let it happen to use it politically. Enticed it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:44 am

How is it bullshit? Because some guy who benefits from calling anything he does "bullshit" said so?

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/1 ... 20Thursday.

It seems to be in response to the extended amount of time that active troops have been deployed in Europe as a means to ease that extended period of time while giving these reservists some support as they would be treated as active if deployed.

Not everything is a giant conspiracy or sign of problems. Sometimes it's just the guy in the Big Chair having to do things to manage what is needed.
OK. Let's hear your reasons for why this is a good thing?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:22 pm I'll be that guy who asks....
Why is there such a big difference between saying people of color and saying colored people?
i’ve wondered that myself

but, it’s not my place to judge such a thing
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

It's complicated: (This article is available publicly,NPR, and what comes before and after this is instructive.)

3/30/2014 The Journey From 'Colored' To 'Minorities' To 'People Of Color'

"Person" or "people" as a term for human beings, that's pretty much uncontroversial. But color — which can be used as a noun, an adjective or a verb (transitive and intransitive) — is a word packed with history, prejudice and confusion when it's used to describe someone's complexion as an indication of race or ethnicity.

The adjective form — "colored" — we hardly need the OED to confirm, but it says the term is now:

"Usually considered offensive ... Coloured was adopted in the United States by emancipated slaves as a term of racial pride after the end of the American Civil War. It was rapidly replaced from the late 1960s as a self-designation by black and later by African-American, although it is retained in the name of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. In Britain it was the accepted term for black, Asian, or mixed-race people until the 1960s."

In a 1988 New York Times column about the phrase, the late great language maven William Safire pointed out that Martin Luther King Jr. referred to "citizens of color" in his speech at the 1963 March on Washington. Safire also quoted an NAACP spokesman:

" 'Times change and terms change. Racial designations go through phases; at one time Negro was accepted, at an earlier time colored and so on. This organization has been in existence for 80 years and the initials NAACP are part of the American vocabulary, firmly embedded in the national consciousness, and we feel it would not be to our benefit to change our name.' "
Safire continued in that 1988 essay:

"Colored people (which in South Africa means 'people of racially mixed ancestry') has in the United States a connotation different from people of color. ... Colored is often taken as a slur, even when not so intended, and so this term — first used with this meaning in 1611 by the historian John Speed as 'coloured countenances' — is better replaced by its synonym as noun and adjective, black. People of color, on the other hand, is a phrase encompassing all nonwhites. ... When used by whites, people of color usually carries a friendly and respectful connotation, but should not be used as a synonym for black; it refers to all racial groups that are not white."

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas