5 Questions for a you have got to be kidding me that the Canadian wildfire smoke is still a big factor in Chicago Sunday

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

5 Questions for a you have got to be kidding me that the Canadian wildfire smoke is still a big factor in Chicago Sunday

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

1. Who do you think would win in a 5-5 between....
Diana Taurasi in her prime
Candice Parker in her prime
Sue Bird in her prime
Tamika Catchings in her prime
Cheryl Miller in her prime
VS.
Mark Turgeon TODAY
Cedric Hunter TODAY
Kelly Knight TODAY
Calvin Thompson TODAY
Carl Henry TODAY

2. Without giving it too much thought, how many times would you guesstimate you have farted in your lifetime?

3. You can only eat one of the following for the next 48 hours - as much as you would like. What do you choose?
a. Cheese Popcorn
b. Honeydew Melon
c. Garlic Bread
d. Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
e. Onion Rings
f. Celery
g. Hot Dog no bun or condiments
h. Beef Broth

4. Two parter. Dogs.
a. Rate dogs on a scale of 1-100 (1 being the worst thing on the planet and 100 being the best thing on the planet.
b. AS A WHOLE, do you feel dogs better living beings than people or are people better living beings than dogs?

5. What is something you did in the last 48 hours that you haven't done in the previous year OR What is something you will do today that you don't want to do - other than personal care (such as showering, shaving, brushing teeth, etc.)?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Re: 5 Questions for a you have got to be kidding me that the Canadian wildfire smoke is still a big factor in Chicago Su

Post by TDub »

1. the women in their prime...half then dudes gonna have heart attacks just trying to get back on defense.

3. garlic bread
4. 85. I dont know but I usually like dogs better.
5. a. fired a guy
b. Start building my dogs alternate dog run. Its supposed to be 104 today. no fun.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: 5 Questions for a you have got to be kidding me that the Canadian wildfire smoke is still a big factor in Chicago Su

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:52 am 1. the women in their prime...half then dudes gonna have heart attacks just trying to get back on defense.

3. garlic bread
4. 85. I dont know but I usually like dogs better.
5. a. fired a guy
b. Start building my dogs alternate dog run. Its supposed to be 104 today. no fun.
You're a good man! Your dogs are lucky to have you and I'm sure you feel you're lucky to have them.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

1. The women in their prime. I know some/many/most people will think I'm nuts but I think the women in their prime would definitely give the men in 1983 a run for their money if not beat them.

2. I'm going to guess I have farted 10 times a day on average. Now giving that thought... That's over 200K. I would have thought it would be closer to a million. It very well might be.

3. Tough call but I'll go with garlic bread

a. 81.43546789
b. Dogs and last night kind of reinforced it. Had a nice friendly women with a handsome Golden Retriever sit next to me on a park bench. Woman was nice but weird. Dog looked at me, nestled up to me, I pet it, it smiled, and then sat at my feet and left me alone.

5. Watched a movie outdoors - in a park.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:40 am 1. Who do you think would win in a 5-5 between....

Don't care. I'm tired of the silly debate about men vs. women in sports. Also tired of having WNBA shoved in my face all the time as if it is anywhere near the equivalent of the NBA.

2. Without giving it too much thought, how many times would you guesstimate you have farted in your lifetime?

None that I would claim.

3. You can only eat one of the following for the next 48 hours - as much as you would like. What do you choose?

Garlic bread

4. Two parter. Dogs.
a. Rate dogs on a scale of 1-100 (1 being the worst thing on the planet and 100 being the best thing on the planet.

90 if we are counting well-behaved dogs and not including the yappy purse-sized variety as dogs, but rather as cats, as they should be.
b. AS A WHOLE, do you feel dogs better living beings than people or are people better living beings than dogs?
Dogs are nicer, but also don't have a lot to say in response when spoken to. I'd call it a draw.

5. What is something you will do today that you don't want to do - other than personal care (such as showering, shaving, brushing teeth, etc.)?
Getting ready to go on the annual camping trip with my in-laws. I absolutely despise camping and all things camp-related. Unfortunately, I married into a family that absolutely loves it.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

not having the dogs speak is a feature not a bug. Thats gives them a bonus in my book.

Why am I just absolutely not shocked that you hate camping......
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:38 pm not having the dogs speak is a feature not a bug. Thats gives them a bonus in my book.

Why am I absolutely not shocked that you like it?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:24 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:40 am 1. Who do you think would win in a 5-5 between....

Don't care. I'm tired of the silly debate about men vs. women in sports. Also tired of having WNBA shoved in my face all the time as if it is anywhere near the equivalent of the NBA.

None that I would claim.

Garlic bread

4. Two parter. Dogs.

90 if we are counting well-behaved dogs and not including the yappy purse-sized variety as dogs, but rather as cats, as they should be.
Dogs are nicer, but also don't have a lot to say in response when spoken to. I'd call it a draw.

5. What is something you will do today that you don't want to do - other than personal care (such as showering, shaving, brushing teeth, etc.)?
Getting ready to go on the annual camping trip with my in-laws. I absolutely despise camping and all things camp-related. Unfortunately, I married into a family that absolutely loves it.
1. Good thing is you don't have care. What I have a difficult time understanding is how and where you have the WNBA shoved in your face "all the time". It's nowhere near the "equivalent of the NBA" to me either but there are people who prefer the WNBA to the NBA. Why should I care if/that they do?

2. Not sure why you wouldn't "claim" a natural bodily function. When I was the CBOE I had a co-worker claim he never farts. He farted one day at work. Then he farted a few other times. He claimed those were his only farts. Is your name Tommy and did you ever work on the floor of the CBOE?

3. Good choice.

4. 90 is a solid number. I like that dogs don't talk back when spoken to. If God has anything to do with dogs my guess is God liked/planned it that way.

5. I have mixed feelings on your response. One one hand I think kudos to you for being a team player. On the other hand I think you should speak up and have some balls and tell them you are going to choose not to do something you "absolutely despise" and you hope they will respect that.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:43 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:38 pm not having the dogs speak is a feature not a bug. Thats gives them a bonus in my book.

because it's awesome? Get away from people, get out into nature. Get disconnected and enjoy being alive. A reminder of what is rapidly disssapearing. It's peaceful and relaxing.

We lived like that for thousands of years, I dont think a week will kill you.
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:04 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:24 pm

None that I would claim.

Garlic bread

4. Two parter. Dogs.

1. Good thing is you don't have care. What I have a difficult time understanding is how and where you have the WNBA shoved in your face "all the time". It's nowhere near the "equivalent of the NBA" to me either but there are people who prefer the WNBA to the NBA. Why should I care if/that they do?

2. Not sure why you wouldn't "claim" a natural bodily function. When I was the CBOE I had a co-worker claim he never farts. He farted one day at work. Then he farted a few other times. He claimed those were his only farts. Is your name Tommy and did you ever work on the floor of the CBOE?

3. Good choice.

4. 90 is a solid number. I like that dogs don't talk back when spoken to. If God has anything to do with dogs my guess is God liked/planned it that way.

5. I have mixed feelings on your response. One one hand I think kudos to you for being a team player. On the other hand I think you should speak up and have some balls and tell them you are going to choose not to do something you "absolutely despise" and you hope they will respect that.
I think what annoys me about women’s’ basketball is that ESPN mixes the men’s and women’s scores and sometimes you think you’re pulling one thing up and you get the other. They’re obviously trying to imply that they are equivalent, and I find it irritating.

On camping, my wife dislikes it as well, but she has serious FOMO, so I grit my teeth and bear it. I read three books in three days last year to stave off boredom, so I know how to cope.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:53 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:43 pm

because it's awesome? Get away from people, get out into nature. Get disconnected and enjoy being alive. A reminder of what is rapidly disssapearing. It's peaceful and relaxing.

We lived like that for thousands of years, I dont think a week will kill you.
I’m not a big fan of the outdoors for more than a few hours at a time. I like hear, air conditioning, and plumbing. And Internet. And comfortable beds and chairs. And clean toilets.

I don’t like sharing a bathhouse shower that hundreds of other people are using, and I’m also too tall for camper bunk beds, which makes sleeping next to impossible. I generally take a bunch of books with me and count down the minutes until I can go home.

Some of the people I like and care about the most in the world really enjoy camping, so I don’t hold it against them or see it as a character defect. I just don’t get it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

lol
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. Why not…the chicks
2. I think about this a lot…and all I’m saying is, I average double digit farts after lunch alone
3. Break up with her
4. A. High 90s
B. Dogs are way better
5. You’re not gonna believe this, but - dog sit! For a not particularly great dog and everything, but I stand by my answers just the same
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

ousdahl wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:19 am 1. Why not…the chicks
2. I think about this a lot…and all I’m saying is, I average double digit farts after lunch alone
3. Break up with her
4. A. High 90s
B. Dogs are way better
5. You’re not gonna believe this, but - dog sit! For a not particularly great dog and everything, but I stand by my answers just the same
1. I disagree.
2. So you might be a millionaire in that regard?
3. That's a great answer for a typical #3 question but it's not an acceptable answer for this #3.
4. a. I don't know about high 90s. Dogs have fleas and shit and puke and bite and bark and.......
b. Probably so.
5. Dog sitting is awesome. As long as the dog is cool. Some dogs aren't. Most dogs are.