Child sex trafficking

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Child sex trafficking

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:25 pm It's literally a movie based on real events,
So's Field of Dreams, or Saving Private Ryan.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:26 pm "Child sex trafficking is bad"
No one has said anything to the contrary.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

How in the fuck is that controversial
it isn’t bad

you’re very obviously too dumb to understand what IS actually bad about the situation

how the fuck are you so dense?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Because of context?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Because “the rubes”
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

You can gloss over the real issue being discussed here - which is decidedly NOT “is child sex trafficking bad?” - but that would just be more silliness.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Think about the angry mobs incited by their stoking this fire. This is out of control like professional fake wrestling bad guys. The same people are behind both.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:13 pm Think about the angry mobs incited by their stoking this fire. This is out of control like professional fake wrestling bad guys. The same people are behind both.
With a side helping of loyalty test shibboleth; are you FOR child sex trafficking????!!?!?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Grab me a folding chair!!!
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:19 pm You can gloss over the real issue being discussed here - which is decidedly NOT “is child sex trafficking bad?” - but that would just be more silliness.
This thread is literally called "child sex trafficking"

What, in your mind, is the real issue
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:19 pm You can gloss over the real issue being discussed here - which is decidedly NOT “is child sex trafficking bad?” - but that would just be more silliness.
Oh, we get the "real" issues:

1.) The rubes must remain focused on the "important" issues, such as climate change, Trump's "crimes," COVID, and the amazing Biden economy.
2.) The rubes have proven dangerous and irrational when infuriated. They must be pacified so that a future January 6th does not ensue.
3.) The rubes must not be presented with an issue to rally and unite behind, lest we have a repeat of the 2016 election.
4.) The rubes must learn to allow their superiors to explain to them what is important, what to think, and what to fear. A rube who thinks for itself is much harder to control.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:23 pm

Who gives a shit what the thread is called?

Again: child sex trafficking is bad. I can’t believe I have to say that again, but there it is. Black and white.

But the issues being discussed - issues that are not so black and white - have to do with (1) the degree to which the movie is actually true (which matters!), (2) the actual motivations behind the people who made and/or profit off the movie and (3) how the movie is being used in the right’s culture wars-centric agenda.

But child sex trafficking is bad! I agree!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:41 pm

1.) The rubes must remain focused on the "important" issues, such as climate change, Trump's "crimes," COVID, and the amazing Biden economy.
2.) The rubes have proven dangerous and irrational when infuriated. They must be pacified so that a future January 6th does not ensue.
3.) The rubes must not be presented with an issue to rally and unite behind, lest we have a repeat of the 2016 election.
4.) The rubes must learn to allow their superiors to explain to them what is important, what to think, and what to fear. A rube who thinks for itself is much harder to control.
Is this an audition for a Dan Brown book movie?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:52 pm

Again: child sex trafficking is bad. I can’t believe I have to say that again, but there it is. Black and white.

But the issues being discussed - issues that are not so black and white - have to do with (1) the degree to which the movie is actually true (which matters!), (2) the actual motivations behind the people who made and/or profit off the movie and (3) how the movie is being used in the right’s culture wars-centric agenda.

The issue is child sex trafficking you twat.

All these other things are just bullshit you are focusing on in some weird attempt to deflect away from that do to culture war insecurities
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Is this an audition for a Dan Brown book movie?
I'm a rube. I don't read. Duh.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Me personally? Why so many people so up in arms about child sex trafficking and pedophilia still send their kids to church and don't take their word for it when they tell them that the priest touched them where they shouldn't while church leaders actively work behind the scenes to quietly ship the pedophile priest off to prey on a different community.

That leads me off to thinking about all the claims that the societal shift away from church is a key factor in the erosion of society and how people want religion to be a driving factor in much of the legislature and educational systems in the country.

That leads me to thinking "WTF is wrong with these people who claim to be so passionate about the abuse of children by pedophiles?"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

1. Focus on whatever is important to you but don't claim that an administration cares less about the topic than a different one for made up reasons. That's just called lying.
2. Honestly, some people have proven that they cannot tell real from fake so chumming the waters with " it's based on real" info may not be super safe for all
3. If they were going to unite behind this issue then you'd think that they would start with the tens of thousands of cases reported right in their own backyard and press their churches to root all pedophiles from their ranks immediately. Since they don't, it appears it is no more than just faux outrage meant to try to bolster the credibility of their vote/argument.
4. Fear what you fear but see #3 above. When only applied towards democrats, you faux fear is shown as no more than an attempt to justify a weak argument.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:55 pm

All these other things are just bullshit you are focusing on in some weird attempt to deflect away from that do to culture war insecurities
I’m pretty sure the first time this movie was mentioned on this board, it was you kvetching about how the mainstream media was shitting on the movie? So clearly the issue is NOT child sex trafficking.

In any case, as usual you’re seeking out the dumbest possible gotcha meme angle, and declining to engage on the substance of what’s being discussed.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:55 pm

Do you think that the trafficking is being done by a cabal of elites that are using the kids to harvest adrenochrome from their blood so they can drink it to stay young?