Child sex trafficking

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Child sex trafficking

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:59 pm The real life issues of people like me denouncing child sex trafficking... lol
No, it's the inevitable "Rs are against it and Ds are for it" stupidity that follows. And you have proven how quickly it happens. All it took was someone questioning the motives of the money making machine pushing it forward. Which is ironic since questioning the money making machine behind such things is supposed to be such a sign of intelligence according to conspiracy kooks.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:00 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:24 pm Then why are the lefties on this board and everywhere else acting like a movie that exposes pedophilia and child sex trafficking is controversial???
Because the rubes aren’t allowed to be passionate about causes. We aren’t intelligent enough to be trusted not to be naughty.
If all your passion does is motivate you to whine online and point more fingers at Dems, then it's not actually passion and it means the cause is a farce. If all you do is chalk it up as another reason to vote for Trump, who claims he'll go after these people but in reality is no more than a child abusing perv himself, then it's just more faux passion.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:39 pm
randylahey wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:24 pm Then why are the lefties on this board and everywhere else acting like a movie that exposes pedophilia and child sex trafficking is controversial???
Because the rubes aren’t allowed to be passionate about causes. We aren’t intelligent enough to be trusted not to be naughty.
If all your passion does is motivate you to whine online and point more fingers at Dems, then it's not actually passion and it means the cause is a farce. If all you do is chalk it up as another reason to vote for Trump, who claims he'll go after these people but in reality is no more than a child abusing perv himself, then it's just more faux passion.
Who are you describing? I don't know anyone like that. I'm guessing the straw man you've built is a figment of your imagination powered by your oversized sense of superiority. You should reconsider.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Socrates had a pretty good lesson for you. Know thyself, strawman.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Sparko wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:43 pm Socrates had a pretty good lesson for you. Know thyself, strawman.
I have to hand it to you; you all are an arrogant bunch. Inaccurate, but arrogant.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:17 pm
Sparko wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:43 pm Socrates had a pretty good lesson for you. Know thyself, strawman.
I have to hand it to you; you all are an arrogant bunch. Inaccurate, but arrogant.
“We will never have the elite, smart people on our side.”
Rick Santorum, former R Penn Senator

/thread
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

You seem com/passionate about the topic. I feel that's a good thing.
I'm curious, what if anything other than posting about it on kansascrimson.com are you doing to try and help?
Hey, I am NOT criticizing you for bringing attention to it on this site. Again, I feel it's a good thing.
I MAY be criticizing you for what I may be misinterpreting as being someone who is "all talk and no action".
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Feral wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:47 am

/thread
Thanks for proving my point.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:33 am
Feral wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 6:47 am

/thread
Thanks for proving my point.
Who can argue with a man like Rick Santorum?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:53 pm

Who are you describing? I don't know anyone like that. I'm guessing the straw man you've built is a figment of your imagination powered by your oversized sense of superiority. You should reconsider.
From last July:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3576 ... king-bill/

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) was among the 20 House Republicans who voted on Tuesday against a bill that seeks to combat human trafficking.

Gaetz, who is currently under investigation by the Department of Justice for sex trafficking allegations involving a minor, was among the Republicans who opposed the bill that aims to bolster programs including shelters, mental health care, education and job training for victims of human trafficking.

Gaetz was joined by GOP Reps. Brian Babin (Texas), Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Lauren Boebert (Colo.), Mo Brooks (Ala.), Ken Buck (Colo.), Andrew Clyde (Ga.), Louie Gohmert (Texas), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Andy Harris (Md.), Jody Hice (Ga.), Thomas Massie (Ky.), Tom McClintock (Calif.), Mary Miller (Ill.), Troy Nehls (Texas), Ralph Norman (S.C.), Scott Perry (Pa.), Chip Roy (Texas) and Van Taylor (Texas).

And I feel fairly confident that I can search around through here and find far more examples of you trying to make this a GOP vs. Democrat thing vs. sharing a link to some sort of program or charity that could be supported to help actually fight it. You know, what people who are actually passionate about a cause do.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

That video is from six years ago. Your link is just another grifter looking to capitalize on the current wave of faux hysteria to make a few bucks of revenue off people who do nothing more for the cause than share links on social media to enrich parasites.

He doesn't even try to hide his grift. It's not "here's a link to Kutcher's organization who is out there fighting the fight against child traffickers. Donate to them today to help the cause!" Like people who are actually passionate about a cause would do.

Instead it's "Follow my back-up up account just in case: @mindsetoftherich1

Join my telegram channel, I will share all my content there. You can download it, share it, and upload it.
Link in bio."

You claim to be so savvy but come on. If you don't want to be called a rube then don't behave like a rube.

Here's a link to that group if you actually give a fuck. https://www.thorn.org/
I just donated $50 and dedicated it to you since your passion for the topic put it on my radar.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:28 am
From last July:

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) was among the 20 House Republicans who voted on Tuesday against a bill that seeks to combat human trafficking.

Gaetz, who is currently under investigation by the Department of Justice for sex trafficking allegations involving a minor, was among the Republicans who opposed the bill that aims to bolster programs including shelters, mental health care, education and job training for victims of human trafficking.

Gaetz was joined by GOP Reps. Brian Babin (Texas), Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Lauren Boebert (Colo.), Mo Brooks (Ala.), Ken Buck (Colo.), Andrew Clyde (Ga.), Louie Gohmert (Texas), Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (Ga.), Andy Harris (Md.), Jody Hice (Ga.), Thomas Massie (Ky.), Tom McClintock (Calif.), Mary Miller (Ill.), Troy Nehls (Texas), Ralph Norman (S.C.), Scott Perry (Pa.), Chip Roy (Texas) and Van Taylor (Texas).

And I feel fairly confident that I can search around through here and find far more examples of you trying to make this a GOP vs. Democrat thing vs. sharing a link to some sort of program or charity that could be supported to help actually fight it. You know, what people who are actually passionate about a cause do.
(I'm aware of several states in which Rs are pushing for (or to maintain) legal marriage between adults and minors. Legalized child sex trafficking under color of religion, in other words. I would be very open to evidence of Ds pushing this, as well. But what I'm aware of is Rs doing it: https://www.newsweek.com/republicans-ma ... ge-1786476)
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

From last July:

Whatever. You guys have an amazing ability to take a good thing - an independently funded film that sat on a shelf for five years and is now approaching a billion dollars in gross sales and is bringing attention to a great cause-and rip it apart a million different ways. Congratulations. SMH.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:33 am

From last July:

Whatever. You guys have an amazing ability to take a good thing - an independently funded film that sat on a shelf for five years and is now approaching a billion dollars in gross sales and is bringing attention to a great cause-and rip it apart a million different ways. Congratulations. SMH.
Just taking your advice to always question the funding and motivation of money-making ventures so we can be better informed of "the truth" like you.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

From last July:

Ok, let's put a pin in this and revisit when word comes out of someone getting themselves killed, or getting someone else killed.

I don't know why it's so controversial to say that it's true at the same time that (1) child sex trafficking is real, and a real problem (and of course it is bad), and (2) responsibly raising awareness of issues is good, and (3) the motives of at least some of the people behind (and profiting from) this movie are highly questionable, and (4) there are real-life consequences from real issues being twisted and distorted for culture war purposes.

To a rational person, all four of these things can be true at the same time.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:19 am

From last July:

(I'm aware of several states in which Rs are pushing for (or to maintain) legal marriage between adults and minors. Legalized child sex trafficking under color of religion, in other words. I would be very open to evidence of Ds pushing this, as well. But what I'm aware of is Rs doing it: https://www.newsweek.com/republicans-ma ... ge-1786476)
"Its' not pedophilia if we're married" seems to be the approach there. Tack on additional laws aiming to get adolescents who will work for less into the labor market more and you have the real "party that is looking out for the welfare of our kids".

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/26/politics ... index.html
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s so gross
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:42 am
From last July:

Ok, let's put a pin in this and revisit when word comes out of someone getting themselves killed, or getting someone else killed.

I don't know why it's so controversial to say that it's true at the same time that (1) child sex trafficking is real, and a real problem (and of course it is bad), and (2) responsibly raising awareness of issues is good, and (3) the motives of at least some of the people behind (and profiting from) this movie are highly questionable, and (4) there are real-life consequences from real issues being twisted and distorted for culture war purposes.

To a rational person, all four of these things can be true at the same time.
Nuance and points longer than what fit on a social media platform meme don't seem to be part of their side of the discussion.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

they rarely are
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?