Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
ChalkRocker

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by ChalkRocker »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:33 pm
surly wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:14 pm ultimately?

They are missing several teams. Duke, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Boston College, Utah, Washington State, Cal, etc...
Every scenario I've ever read, over a coupla yrs, in re the final disposition of a super-class div. concluded that 80-84 teams is a likely target #. (I wasn't doing a thorough survey)

Intra-state and inter-state politics and such would seem to support that idea. imo.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

ramjet wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:26 pm PAC12 media day this Friday, they will say no new TV deal is done yet.

Colorado is ready to bolt, UA is ready as well, ASU is holding back but will probably follow AZ if they leave. So say the sports talking heads today in Denver.
talks heating up ... https://247sports.com/college/kansas/ar ... d0NwgNZ8Ls
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

I'll just get this outta my system. Wasn't sorry to see them leave in the first place.

CU pee-yew
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:10 pm I'll just get this outta my system. Wasn't sorry to see them leave in the first place.

CU pee-yew
I've lived in Colorado for ~30 years, not a Buffs, Rockies, or Broncos fan. Before living here, I lived in the Bay area, still a Giants, A's, and '9ers fan. Then lived in AZ for ~20 years, kids grew up there - one daughter went to UofA, other daughter went to ASU. Son was recruited by Lute Olsen for hoops. Still have good memories of the AZ schools. Only reason I want CU in the Big"12" is so I can see the Jayhawks in person again, used to go to all the games in Boulder...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I read that the move to the PAC has cost CU about $76M. Will never get it back.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

ramjet wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:24 pm
ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:10 pm I'll just get this outta my system. Wasn't sorry to see them leave in the first place.

CU pee-yew
I've lived in Colorado for ~30 years, not a Buffs, Rockies, or Broncos fan. Before living here, I lived in the Bay area, still a Giants, A's, and '9ers fan. Then lived in AZ for ~20 years, kids grew up there - one daughter went to UofA, other daughter went to ASU. Son was recruited by Lute Olsen for hoops. Still have good memories of the AZ schools. Only reason I want CU in the Big"12" is so I can see the Jayhawks in person again, used to go to all the games in Boulder...
Excellent residential and sport fan bio.

But I didn't direct my comment at you, r'jet.

CU is just a team that quit the league.
Has a fanbase that's historically a bunch of jerks. Their HC is an egomaniac. They want back in.

CU pee-yew. That's all.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CU supposedly back the big xii in 2024

rumor is 2-4 pac 12 teams are jumping to the big xii

San Diego state turned down an invite to the PAC

PAC 12 is in trouble
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

CU, Utah, AU, ASU
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:16 am CU, Utah, AU, ASU
Sounds about right to me. Can easily imagine 4 divisions for football that look like:

W: Arizona, ASU, Utah, BYU
MW: - Kansas, KSU, ISU, Colorado
Texas: TCU, Tech, Baylor, Houston
E/Other: - Cincy, OSU, WVU, UCF
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ChicagoHawk wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:41 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:16 am CU, Utah, AU, ASU
Sounds about right to me. Can easily imagine 4 divisions for football that look like:

W: Arizona, ASU, Utah, BYU
MW: - Kansas, KSU, ISU, Colorado
Texas: TCU, Tech, Baylor, Houston
E/Other: - Cincy, OSU, WVU, UCF
maybe we get USC and Oregon, too…and UCLA (i guess), and…????
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:50 pm maybe we get USC and Oregon, too…and UCLA (i guess), and…????
USC and UCLA are headed to the Big Ten next year. Oregon and Washington seem like a pretty likely pair to leave soon, though. I wish the Big 12 could go grab Arizona/Oregon/Washington/Utah and kick West Virginia out to get to 16.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

The timing of this might just be the end of Pac 12. There is no exit fee for any Pac 12 school to leave. The Pac 12 had some talks with SDS and SMU but adding them didn't help with the TV deal so they didn't.
Oregon and Washington were next in line for the Big10 but if the choice is waiting and hoping or just taking the Big 12 deal they might just jump. The Big 12 is not expanding by one school. It is either 2, 4, or 6 and we not kicking out anybody.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I like a 16- team conference. The 10 team was a killer in football. Same schedule every year. This will bring plenty of variety
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would like to chime in and once again say this, in general, is trash.

Washington in the B12?
UCF?
BYU?
Gross.

Colorado though I have a fondness for despite them helping get the ball rolling to destroy a good thing.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ChicagoHawk wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:01 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:50 pm maybe we get USC and Oregon, too…and UCLA (i guess), and…????
USC and UCLA are headed to the Big Ten next year.
holy shit…not sure how i forgot that, or missed the news
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:10 am I would like to chime in and once again say this, in general, is trash.

Washington in the B12?
UCF?
BYU?
Gross.

Colorado though I have a fondness for despite them helping get the ball rolling to destroy a good thing.
This has always been about football and money. The Big12 was in a lot of trouble which put KU in a lot of trouble. Last year was the first year in a long time KU had a football team of any interest which I think is cool. Next year the Big12 will not have OU or UT and will be for sure wide open for any school to take. Next year the College Football Expands and for sure Big12 will be represented by a school or two. If we freaking find a defense then we in the playoffs. Super cool.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

"Fourteen seems to be our best number," a source told ESPN. "Now that we're at 13, who's going to be the first to make a move to start having a conversation with us was the general discussion today. We talked about a lot of different schools, but it's more about, 'Hey, we've got room for one more and who wants to be the first to really want to be a part of the Big 12 now and join us?'"
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

smu
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

gtfo
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It’ll be Arizona.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG