Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
surly

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by surly »

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:29 pm has anyone checked on Bill Walton?
yes, his beloved uofa hoops program joining the truck stoppers. my, my ...
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I mean hes a UCLA guy...but moreso his incessant claiming "Conference of Champions" ad nauseum
Just Ledoux it
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Arjhawk wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:22 pm North Pac to Big 10(20)
Four Corners to Big 12(16)
Oregon State & Washington = Pac 2
Perfect.

"Scoop City has received a serious rumor..."
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

surly wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:52 pm i see the purpose of the b10 here as a classic "false flag." use it as an excuse for the four-corner schools pulling the plug first, joining the b12, breaking the league, so the b10 is not accused of destroying it altogether, but rather coming in later as a white knight saving oregon and uw, perhaps the tree and cal as well. they'll also get them at deep discounts. no one in their right mind would pay an additional $70 million per year for the bay area pair, and they can certainly get the first two for half that number or less.

https://twitter.com/JWMediaDC/status/16 ... forums%2F2
"Scoop City has received a serious rumor..."
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Although it is not completely finalized yet, sources indicate that Arizona, Arizona State, and Utah are all likely to join the Big 12. One source said that it would have to fall apart for the three schools not to make the move and the ideal plan for the Big 12 is to make the biggest possible impact, which is announcing all three at once. Although it is not set in stone, there could be an announcement as soon as Friday.

Should things fall apart, it would likely be Utah's fault. It is unknown how that would impact the Arizona schools, but Utah AD Mark Harlan has long been a major supporter of the Pac-12 and has been extremely hesitant to leave the conference.

per 247
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Add the Arizona schools and then try to find another travel partner for the teams in the East.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

JayhawkInIowa726

Post by JayhawkInIowa726 »

If Clemson and FSU did go B10, would SEC snap up UNC, Duke, Virginia?

Or is there a world where they could end up B12?

I always thought of Clemson / FSU as more of a SEC play and UNC / Duke as likely B10... but it seems like B10 could be filling the train (if rumors are to be believed) with more from the west coast and two from ACC.

There are plenty of good Power 5 brands in ACC that would theoretically be up for grabs.

Would you rather save room for UNC/Duke/NC State/Virginia or get the likes of Utah?
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

When this started years ago I was petrified that KU would be left out. Don't give a damn how it plays out as long as KU is IN. Our sad Football situation since 2008 almost cost us.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/07/14/p ... ig-ten-acc
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Big 12 has approved Arizona.

So they’ll be in. Do Arizona State and Utah follow?

Oregon and Washington have an offer to join B1G, but not as high as rest of schools in that conference.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if ‘zona and asu come, does Yormark target Utah or UConn to get to 16?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:50 am if ‘zona and asu come, does Yormark target Utah or UConn to get to 16?
I suppose there’s an argument to be made at this point - sort of incredibly really - that the better play is to leave a couple spots open so that you’re always a threat to add. I think the real prizes are in the ACC. Not out of the question that you’ll be in a position to gobble up, say, UNC and Duke.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:00 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:50 am if ‘zona and asu come, does Yormark target Utah or UConn to get to 16?
I suppose there’s an argument to be made at this point - sort of incredibly really - that the better play is to leave a couple spots open so that you’re always a threat to add. I think the real prizes are in the ACC. Not out of the question that you’ll be in a position to gobble up, say, UNC and Duke.
i don’t mind that play at all

apparently, the current tv deal only allows for two more adds anyway, so it’ll be interesting to see how things shake out

not a fan of holding at 13 though…15, for some reason, doesn’t bother me as much
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

And yet it remains true that if the B1G calls us and says there’s a spot but we have to be a 50% share member…I think you still have the papers drawn up before the other side hangs up the phone.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

there is going to be 3 power conferences when all said and done. there will be something like 20 to 25 schools in each.

there are plenty of spots. and lots more re-aligning to be had. it may take 5-10 years to get there. but that is where this is going.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

this is going wherever the money takes it

i don’t think 3 mega-conferences is at all a foregone conclusion
Last edited by KUTradition on Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.