Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by jfish26 »

Sports rarely favors odd numbers of things.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So Washington and Oregon to B1G.

Arizona, Arizona State and Utah likely to Big 12.

Cal and Stanford could go independent. Washington State and Oregon State will have to go to Mountain West, which sucks for them. It would be the same situation if the Big 12 resolved and kstate wasn't going to get picked up.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

weird…everything i’ve been reading indicated that the B1G would wait until there was another defection from the PAC before any offer was extended
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

wow…PAC streaming deal reportedly low to mid $20mil per school per year

that’s a joke. no wonder the deal wasn’t finalized
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:27 pm weird…everything i’ve been reading indicated that the B1G would wait until there was another defection from the PAC before any offer was extended
Have you been on twitter in the last hour or so??

It's all but official Oregon and Washington to B1G.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:47 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:27 pm weird…everything i’ve been reading indicated that the B1G would wait until there was another defection from the PAC before any offer was extended
Have you been on twitter in the last hour or so??
lol…hell no
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Pac 12 is toast.

Lots of those schools will come begging to Big 12.

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Some crazy reporting going on...one minute swinging one way, the next swinging the complete opposite...from the same reporters, none-the-less.
Last edited by InfiniteJ on Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i miss your old avatar
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

hartjack8 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:45 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:12 pm Florida State reportedly considering leaving the ACC. Not sure where they would go though unless the SEC is gonna go to 24 teams or something. They don't really fit anywhere else.
Whoa Whoa...slow down there.

FSU is pissed. Their ACC TV contract which runs till something like 2036 is 30 million per school less than SEC and Big10. The foolish ACC schools signed this deal and supposedly you can not get out of the ACC with your TV rights till deal is done. So for the next 10+ years FSU getting 30 million less every freaking year.

So FSU is pissed. They at the last ACC conference meeting decided to bring up that the payouts which are now 100% equal for all schools need to be split in a way where they get more money. This of course went nowhere.

So FSU is pissed cause they are for sure getting 30 million less till 2036 and there is nothing they can do.
you still so sure FSU isn't going anywhere?
Just Ledoux it
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

FSU's biggest issue will be trying to buy it's television rights back from the ACC...paying the breakup fee is one thing, the TV rights are another.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

It's official, Oregon and Udub to Big'10. $30Mish/year TV$$ v $60M/year for other Big10 schools - still a deal v the Pac?/Apple deal
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So how’s this shitty conference going to separate to shitty divisions?

KU, ksu, ISU, OSU, Utah, BYU, Zona and Zona State?
ChicagoHawk

Post by ChicagoHawk »

pdub wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:20 pm So how’s this shitty conference going to separate to shitty divisions?

KU, ksu, ISU, OSU, Utah, BYU, Zona and Zona State?
It would be nice if they could do 4 coherent divisions for football where each year you play your division and 2 from the other 3. But I imagine it will be 2.

W/MW: Arizona, ASU, Utah, BYU, Colorado, KU, KSU, ISU
E/S: Houston, Baylor, TTU, TCU, OSU, WVU, UCF, Cincy

If it breaks down that way, I'd love to see them go to a 22 game basketball schedule and do away with a few more of the pre-conference cakewalks. Plus KU would get 2 against Arizona every year, which would be pretty cool.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It’s all so dumb.

I think I’m over it enough where ESPN plus is just not on the table this season.

Check the box score.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

TDub wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 2:39 pm
hartjack8 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:45 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:12 pm Florida State reportedly considering leaving the ACC. Not sure where they would go though unless the SEC is gonna go to 24 teams or something. They don't really fit anywhere else.
Whoa Whoa...slow down there.

FSU is pissed. Their ACC TV contract which runs till something like 2036 is 30 million per school less than SEC and Big10. The foolish ACC schools signed this deal and supposedly you can not get out of the ACC with your TV rights till deal is done. So for the next 10+ years FSU getting 30 million less every freaking year.

So FSU is pissed. They at the last ACC conference meeting decided to bring up that the payouts which are now 100% equal for all schools need to be split in a way where they get more money. This of course went nowhere.

So FSU is pissed cause they are for sure getting 30 million less till 2036 and there is nothing they can do.
you still so sure FSU isn't going anywhere?
I am not as sure as I was. But I am not a lawyer. Now this

This means that “one cannot sue for payment, nor compel payment from the State
without Legislative consent. So, although a state entity such as TTU must perform
its duties under a contract, and is responsible for its failure to do so, it still cannot be
sued for damages without its permission, even if TTU fails to perform. In Texas,
unless the legislature carves out a sovereign immunity exception for a particular state
body, that body cannot be sued.

is from Mike Leach suing TTU. Texas has a law that says you can not sue and TTU won that case.
I do not know if Florida has the same law but I do know that FSU is in Tallahassee Florida which is where the State Government of Florida resides so they could create one if necessary.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Will be fun to watch
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:08 am this is going wherever the money takes it

i don’t think 3 mega-conferences is at all a foregone conclusion
I think in the end there will be two and then PDUB will be pleasantly surprised.