Kavanaugh accuser in a nutshell...

Ugh.
Mirkin

Re: Kavanaugh accuser in a nutshell...

Post by Mirkin »

imzcount wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:44 pm Kavanaugh's biggest mistake yesterday was apologizing to that broad.
Your comment sheds light on why your daughter may be having such a hard time recovering from the assault she experienced.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:42 am
Yeah, after being called a rapist in the media and to your face for days on end after spending days before that with morons like Kampala Harris asking you a never-ending stream of “gotcha” questions like “Have you stopped beating your wife yet - yes or no?”, you might be a little testy, too.

What makes it worse, though, is that you’re smart enough to know that nobody in the room believes you actually did any of it; they’re just ruining you as facilitate a power struggle. You and your education, accomplishments, and faithful service mean nothing. You have become a pawn.

It would be enough to make the saintliness of men homicidal.

But, hey, at least you all will still get to murder babies with impunity for a few more weeks, right?
This is a job interview for a lifetime position on the Supreme Court, not for a job as a manager at Hardees. Crying, screaming and telling half of the people interviewing you that they are lying hacks out to get you while carrying on and on about your love of beer and lying about even the most trivial items asked of you is typically the end of your consideration for any job but I guess not when the GOP is involved.

"You’re smart enough to know that nobody in the room believes you actually did any of it" ?!? Give me a freaking break. Ford's account of the story is very credible. I know you don't seriously believe that no one in that room believes her.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:02 pm
twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:31 pm The fact that it took this level of absurdity to get the GOP to agree to an FBI investigation into a credible claim of sexual assault prior to granting someone a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court makes me want to puke.

Hey folks, this is the freaking Supreme Court. The fact that some of you are so willing to dismiss common morality so that this guy can get on the SC and push for your morality is frightening. Take a step back, take a breath and get some perspective.
Which morality is easier for you accept?
The one where a credible sexual assault charge against a Supreme Court nominee is looked into further.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:07 am
HouseDivided wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:42 am
Yeah, after being called a rapist in the media and to your face for days on end after spending days before that with morons like Kampala Harris asking you a never-ending stream of “gotcha” questions like “Have you stopped beating your wife yet - yes or no?”, you might be a little testy, too.

What makes it worse, though, is that you’re smart enough to know that nobody in the room believes you actually did any of it; they’re just ruining you as facilitate a power struggle. You and your education, accomplishments, and faithful service mean nothing. You have become a pawn.

It would be enough to make the saintliness of men homicidal.

But, hey, at least you all will still get to murder babies with impunity for a few more weeks, right?
This is a job interview for a lifetime position on the Supreme Court, not for a job as a manager at Hardees. Crying, screaming and telling half of the people interviewing you that they are lying hacks out to get you while carrying on and on about your love of beer and lying about even the most trivial items asked of you is typically the end of your consideration for any job but I guess not when the GOP is involved.

"You’re smart enough to know that nobody in the room believes you actually did any of it" ?!? Give me a freaking break. Ford's account of the story is very credible. I know you don't seriously believe that no one in that room believes her.
"This is a job interview for a lifetime position on the Supreme Court..."

Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Talk about inconsistent.
Last edited by seahawk on Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:10 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:31 pm The fact that it took this level of absurdity to get the GOP to agree to an FBI investigation into a credible claim of sexual assault prior to granting someone a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court makes me want to puke.

Hey folks, this is the freaking Supreme Court. The fact that some of you are so willing to dismiss common morality so that this guy can get on the SC and push for your morality is frightening. Take a step back, take a breath and get some perspective.
The one where a credible sexual assault charge against a Supreme Court nominee is looked into further.
The key word being “credible”. This farce has not a whiff of credibility about it. It is shameful.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Of course, anything a woman of any age says is not credible to some who are clinging to white male privilege, but women are speaking nonetheless.

This, from women who attended Catholic schools in the Maryland area.

The women said they were warned by other girls about the aggression of boys from neighboring Catholic schools, particularly Georgetown Preparatory School, which Kavanaugh attended. Raised from an early age in their moneyed, Catholic community to remain chaste, the women said they believed anything that compromised that chastity was their fault — even if they were forced.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ke ... ak-n914196
Don't inject Lysol.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

I don’t have any issue with the FBI stepping in. I hope you will join me in support of Kavanaugh if the FBI report looks like the Committee’s investigation reports.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:30 pm

I don’t have any issue with the FBI stepping in. I hope you will join me in support of Kavanaugh if the FBI report looks like the Committee’s investigation reports.

lulz...
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Will those who want Kavanaugh confirmed no matter what accept a usual kind FBI investigation that is not time limited or limited as to what can be asked or what witnesses can be questioned?

Of course, since it's being called a "report" and not an "investigation," perhaps that question has already been answered.
Don't inject Lysol.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

It’s comforting to know that many, many females who have known Kavanaugh over the last thirty to thirty five years are attesting to his choir boy behavior.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:11 pm
Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:30 pm

lulz...
You are not suggesting that people have already made up their mind prior to the FBI Investigation?
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

dolomite wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:26 pm It’s comforting to know that many, many females who have known Kavanaugh over the last thirty to thirty five years are attesting to his choir boy behavior.
Their facts don’t count. Ford FEELS like Kavanaugh assaulted her. That’s all that matters.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Mirkin wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:25 pm
imzcount wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:44 pm Kavanaugh's biggest mistake yesterday was apologizing to that broad.
Your comment sheds light on why your daughter may be having such a hard time recovering from the assault she experienced.
She'll get over it. It was a while ago.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Amazing how some old white men are still stuck in the 1980s, when they could assert that women are always lying about sexual assault and many people accepted that, instead of the maybe 20% of the population that now chooses to believe that women always lie. Kind of like the last 3 decades when people began listening to all kinds of sexual assault survivors have just passed them by.
Don't inject Lysol.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

seahawk wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:51 pm Amazing how some old white men are still stuck in the 1980s, when they could assert that women are always lying about sexual assault and many people accepted that, instead of the maybe 20% of the population that now chooses to believe that women always lie. Kind of like the last 3 decades when people began listening to all kinds of sexual assault survivors have just passed them by.
Juanita Broaddrick (the shame of it all)

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09 ... naugh.html
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

William Fishburne, 53, who graduated from Georgetown Prep with Kavanaugh in 1983, and Barbot both said they’ve faced pressure within alumni circles to stay quiet regarding their memories of the school’s culture, after they both said publicly that they believe Ford. Fishburne said he’s received calls from pro-Kavanaugh Georgetown Prep alumni he hasn’t spoken to in decades.

“A lot of people are saying that I am being brave for sticking my neck out,” said Barbot, whose high school girlfriend was Ford’s classmate. “What’s being brave is Dr. Ford stepping forward.”
Don't inject Lysol.