Ouch!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Puerto Rico

Post by KUTradition »

sounds like Bahamian team has been hitting some prayers
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

let’s hope that the free throw woes are an August artifact
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:49 pm sounds like Bahamian team has been hitting some prayers
Yeah, three really well guarded threes and they hit all three while KU had two 2 pointers go all the way down and around and back out. Just couldn't hit enough free throws today.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:09 pm dh will be in my conversation for npoy.
Lol
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

23 points and 5 steals by Juan.
Inefficient game from everyone else. Only 2 attempts by KJ in over 30 minutes, can't have that.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

mjl2 wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:39 pm 23 points and 5 steals by Juan.
Inefficient game from everyone else. Only 2 attempts by KJ in over 30 minutes, can't have that.
bad knee
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Good experience for these players this weekend. Worthwhile trip.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I wish Ayton would have played...it would have been interesting to see him and Hunter guarding each other.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Let's just hope we're not relying on McCullar to hit 3's to win when the game is on the line. Had 2 that didn't even draw iron.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

I really enjoyed these games. I think an overreacting analysis is in order.

Juan - Too timid scoring the first two games. Better the last game, but needs to blend the passing and scoring instead of one or the other. Defensively liked the hands, but like senior Garrett, is gambling for steals more and staying in front of his guy less.

KMac - Looks about the same as last year, but more aggressive. We really need his three point percentage to improve.

KJ - I think he's going to have a huge year. Looks more athletic and confident - except today. Hopefully was tweaked knee. He didn't play the 5 at all. Will be interesting to see if that's what Bill plans for the season.

Dickinson - Offensively brilliant, defensive liability. We need to figure out how to defend the pick and roll. Also, need to get him more involved on offense, because if he isn't scoring or drawing doubles, he hurts the team.

Morris - Remy-like. Fucks up a lot, but makes plays nobody else can. I get the feeling he's going to get less playing time than people hope, because Bill is really into details, and Morris isn't. But if he can play under control he'll be terrific.

Jackson - Really under control, but seems a bit unsure of what to do. Really excited about him, but it might take a few months.

Timberlake - seems to have trouble finishing. Super quick release on catch and shoot, and pretty athletic, but needs to be able to finish. His minutes may depend on how ready Furphy is to play.

McDowell - Reminds me of Vick. Hopefully has the same talent without the headcase part. Probably won't see much of him this year, hope he sticks around.

Braun - Not impressed (or surprised)

Clemence - Played exclusively at the 4. That was really interesting. I get the feeling Bill is trying to use the redshirt year to make him a 4 because he's never going to be a low post scorer. I also get the feeling Bill is going to say "Fuck this, we can't play Braun anymore if we want to win a title" and will remove the redshirt around late December. He looked confident and athletic. His handling was solid too
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas