Welcome Marcus Adams Jr.

Kansas Basketball.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Welcome Marcus Adams Jr.

Post by KUTradition »

from what i’m reading, he’s coming off as entitled

picked two schools where he wasn’t guaranteed minutes due to depth at the wing, and is now reading the writing in the wall

good riddance

searching for a third school without even having logged a minute of college game time…not a good look
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

holy shit…apparently he said the atmosphere at KU was too “country” and that he didn’t like the team chemistry

i’ll reiterate, good riddance
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:54 am holy shit…apparently he said the atmosphere at KU was too “country” and that he didn’t like the team chemistry

If I was a kid from the LA area who was a coddled basketball player I very well might think/feel Lawrence Kansas is too country and if I didn’t get along with my teammates I probably wouldn’t like the chemistry either.
Of course that would be 100% on me but I can understand the sentiment.
In his case I agree with good riddance. For all parties involved.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

there is not one fiber on my being, that cares what becomes of this kid.

just so you know.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:54 am holy shit…apparently he said the atmosphere at KU was too “country” and that he didn’t like the team chemistry

For once, we completely agree on something.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

randylahey wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:10 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:19 pm Dude never made it to Zaga - and now isn't going to school there. Something/s up.
Hopefully he's doing OK.

Crazy we had him back out last minute and somehow ended up replacing him with Johnny furphy
Just reading tea leaves, but I kinda get the feeling Furphy’s recruitment and Adams’s departure were not unrelated
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:47 am
randylahey wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:10 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:19 pm Dude never made it to Zaga - and now isn't going to school there. Something/s up.
Hopefully he's doing OK.

Crazy we had him back out last minute and somehow ended up replacing him with Johnny furphy
Just reading tea leaves, but I kinda get the feeling Furphy’s recruitment and Adams’s departure were not unrelated
meh…i think KM coming back had more to do with it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea, that too.

Either way, Adams is 0-2 on schools so far.

Lots of tiggers begging for him on the Xitter. That might actually be pretty funny.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I read that....

also, early on there were rumors that he didn't want to show up for conditioning or weights and that he told everyone he was "just here to ball". So all he wanted to do was play and scrimmage but not put in the work to get ready for this level.
Just Ledoux it
Arjhawk

Post by Arjhawk »

Lawrence, Kansas = too country
Spokane, Washington = cosmopolitan?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Arjhawk wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:12 pm Lawrence, Kansas = too country
Spokompton baby....

but no, he left there too. He'll end up somewhere back in southern California. Maybe even a step down from power 5...if the rumors of his approach are true.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Arjhawk wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:12 pm Lawrence, Kansas = too country
yeah, that made me chuckle too
hoopla

Post by hoopla »

TDub wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:05 pm
I read that....

also, early on there were rumors that he didn't want to show up for conditioning or weights and that he told everyone he was "just here to ball". So all he wanted to do was play and scrimmage but not put in the work to get ready for this level.
we're talking about practice. Not a game; we're talking about practice, man.
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

hoopla wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:28 pm
TDub wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:05 pm
I read that....

we're talking about practice. Not a game; we're talking about practice, man.
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BYU come on down! You're the next contestant on The Price is Wrong.

https://kslsports.com/504175/marcus-ada ... er-kansas/
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ha! if he didn’t feel like he’d fit in at KU…
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:57 pm BYU come on down! You're the next contestant on The Price is Wrong.

https://kslsports.com/504175/marcus-ada ... er-kansas/
So Marcus is lookin’ for a party school, then . . .
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Excellent, I was hoping he'd end up with somebody we play in conference.

Self to the media: "Ya know, he's he's he's a great kid, and and sometimes at that age you're just not sure what you want. But nah, nah, we've got no sore feelings, we, we, we aren't thinking about that at all."

Self to his team: "Remember that punk that didn't want to put in the work? Remember what he said about Lawrence? Show him how it's done. Let's beat their asses."
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

It's interesting how sensitive some of you are. He didn't shit on Lawrence.

Asked what he’s looking for in his next school, Adams suggested a setting less rural.

“Probably somewhere I fit, like a good area I would fit in,” Adams said. “I am more of a city kid. I’m not that good in the country.”

https://news.yahoo.com/ku-basketball-fr ... 40275.html
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:05 am It's interesting how sensitive some of you are. He didn't shit on Lawrence.

Asked what he’s looking for in his next school, Adams suggested a setting less rural.

“Probably somewhere I fit, like a good area I would fit in,” Adams said. “I am more of a city kid. I’m not that good in the country.”

https://news.yahoo.com/ku-basketball-fr ... 40275.html
lol…then why Spokane? and honestly, why Provo?

i’m not saying he’s not a “city” kid, but something isn’t adding up

personally, i think it’s more about work and “guaranteed” playing time than anything…but, that just sounds selfish