Spiders

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Spiders

Post by TDub »

The downside of living in the country.....in the last week I've found and killed 13 black widows. None in the house....but down at the shop, in the garage, at the barn, under the kids treehouse....damn things I hate those motherfuckers.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Re: Spiders

Post by TDub »

haven't even opened up the well yet....usually there's a community of them down there too
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We had a bunch in our garage one year.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

This is why I don't get along with nature.
Indoors was invented for a reason.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

mjl2 wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:26 pm This is why I don't get along with nature.
Indoors was invented for a reason.
indoors is a great break and some nice relief. But, the outdoors breathes life into the soul.
Just Ledoux it
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

And then a spider comes along and eats you
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Few spiders are as dangerous as you fear. But then you sleep on a recluse. And the venom makes you wish you had listened to your friends.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

haha I mean I guess that's a risk. Im pretty sure spiders don't respect Wall boundaries though....they could be indoors too.

The good news is they're pretty human averse. Black widows in particular are pretty calm, non aggressive spiders that won't seek you out. They bite defensively.

I still hate the motherfuckers though and will kill anyone I find.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:45 pm Few spiders are as dangerous as you fear. But then you sleep on a recluse. And the venom makes you wish you had listened to your friends.
I got bit by a brownie in Kansas about 33 years ago. I've still got the scar where the flesh never came back all the way. It bit me after I put on a baseball glove from my grandparents garage. Wrist swelled up very very quickly and looked like a bullseye with super red all around and a black center. The black was where the poison/venom was killing the flesh.

good times.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:50 pm
Sparko wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:45 pm Few spiders are as dangerous as you fear. But then you sleep on a recluse. And the venom makes you wish you had listened to your friends.
I got bit by a brownie in Kansas about 33 years ago. I've still got the scar where the flesh never came back all the way. It bit me after I put on a baseball glove from my grandparents garage. Wrist swelled up very very quickly and looked like a bullseye with super red all around and a black center. The black was where the poison/venom was killing the flesh.

good times.
Props for trying to suck the venom out:

Warning: Bad language.

https://youtu.be/mDwse8L-roo?si=P71xqSAxq4TVpT6y
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

PSA: you can’t suck an appreciable amount of venom out of a bite, no matter what Hollywood says
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?