Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Pitiful. This guy is an absolute fraud. And thinks he's a lord of this country and the American people are beneath him. Anyone voting for him should be ashamed of themselves
https://twitter.com/RickyDoggin/status/ ... ienrg&s=19
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

All the crying about trump, sounds like bidens the one that's actually a corrupt fraud

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/statu ... Zjp9Q&s=19
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:11 pm Pitiful. This guy is an absolute fraud. And thinks he's a lord of this country and the American people are beneath him. Anyone voting for him should be ashamed of themselves
https://twitter.com/RickyDoggin/status/ ... ienrg&s=19
"Pitiful" is it only took you 3 years to discover this.
"Ashamed" is what if I was your parent I would be of you.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

So Gutter, that's what you think of Biden?

Good to know.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:38 pm So Gutter, that's what you think of Biden?

Good to know.
I'm slow on the intake. Not understanding your post.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:21 am
Shirley wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:38 pm So Gutter, that's what you think of Biden?

Good to know.
I took your reply to mean that you think Biden is "pitiful", perhaps I was wrong?
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:40 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:21 am

Good to know.
I took your reply to mean that you think Biden is "pitiful", perhaps I was wrong?
?

I was telling randy I felt it is/was "pitiful" for him to post something that was 3 years old and he felt the need to say about it - "Pitiful. This guy is an absolute fraud. And thinks he's a lord of this country and the American people are beneath him. Anyone voting for him should be ashamed of themselves".
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Perhaps three hours in Midway airport yesterday altered my perception?

Sorry about that.
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Shirley wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:22 am Perhaps three hours in Midway airport yesterday altered my perception?

Sorry about that.
I'm sorry you spent 3 hours in Midway!

Buddy of mine's brother and father sat at O'Hare for several hours on Saturday morning before their flight to Vegas was cancelled. Maybe it's an Indian thing ( :? :shock: :o :D ) but they were having trouble with the concept that the weather in Chicago may have been fine but the weather near and on the way to Vegas was not. That and planes often come from other places and don't originate in the city you are in.
Then they decided they were ok hopping on a plane to Baltimore because that's what the airline told them they would have to do if they wanted to get to Vegas. :roll:

Hopefully you had better luck / a better experience than they did.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Heather.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

U.S. to cancel Alaska oil and gas leases issued under Trump

The Interior Department on Wednesday said it would cancel oil and gas leases in a federal wildlife refuge that were bought by an Alaska state development agency in the final days of former President Donald Trump’s administration.

Trump’s Republican administration issued the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority, or AIDEA, seven leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge a day before the inauguration of President Joe Biden, a Democrat who had pledged to protect the 19.6 million-acre habitat for polar bears and caribou.

Environmentalists and an Alaska Indigenous group praised the move while a Republican Senator from Alaska slammed it. AIDEA officials were not immediately available for comment.

Interior also said it would protect 13 million acres in the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska, a 23 million-acre area on the state’s North Slope that is the largest undisturbed public land in the United States. The agency would prohibit new leasing on more than 10 million acres, or more than 40% of the reserve.

“As the climate crisis warms the Arctic more than twice as fast as the rest of the world, we have a responsibility to protect this treasured region for all ages,” Biden said in a statement. “Canceling all remaining oil and gas leases issued under the previous administration in the Arctic Refuge and protecting more than 13 million acres in the Western Arctic will help preserve our Arctic lands and wildlife, while honoring the culture, history, and enduring wisdom of Alaska Natives who have lived on these lands since time immemorial.”

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:41 pm U.S. to cancel Alaska oil and gas leases issued under Trump

The Interior Department on Wednesday said it would cancel oil and gas leases in a federal wildlife refuge that were bought by an Alaska state development agency in the final days of former President Donald Trump’s administration.

Trump’s Republican administration issued the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority, or AIDEA, seven leases in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge a day before the inauguration of President Joe Biden, a Democrat who had pledged to protect the 19.6 million-acre habitat for polar bears and caribou.

Environmentalists and an Alaska Indigenous group praised the move while a Republican Senator from Alaska slammed it. AIDEA officials were not immediately available for comment.

Interior also said it would protect 13 million acres in the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska, a 23 million-acre area on the state’s North Slope that is the largest undisturbed public land in the United States. The agency would prohibit new leasing on more than 10 million acres, or more than 40% of the reserve.

“As the climate crisis warms the Arctic more than twice as fast as the rest of the world, we have a responsibility to protect this treasured region for all ages,” Biden said in a statement. “Canceling all remaining oil and gas leases issued under the previous administration in the Arctic Refuge and protecting more than 13 million acres in the Western Arctic will help preserve our Arctic lands and wildlife, while honoring the culture, history, and enduring wisdom of Alaska Natives who have lived on these lands since time immemorial.”

[...]
Good thing that won’t have a deleterious effect on gas prices.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Purely politically, this is really poorly timed
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Trump predicted it all. They convinced you to hate him, but he knew what a travesty a biden administration would be

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cw4YeYyt ... FlYzFmZQ==
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:00 am Trump predicted it all. They convinced you to hate him, but he knew what a travesty a biden administration would be

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cw4YeYyt ... FlYzFmZQ==
Other than all of its myriad accomplishments, domestic and abroad, and generally restoring adulthood and decency to the office, the Biden administration has left a lot to be desired.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’ve been as critical of Biden as anyone.

But yea, at least he restored the veneer of respect for the institutions he took an oath to serve.

That’s what separates Biden (and the Clintons, and the Obamas, etc) from Trump.

Even if they’re up to something a little fishy, they still do it with that veneer.

With Trump, he really only serves himself. He’ll shamelessly shit all over anything and anyone, if he thinks it’ll gain him even the slightest personal advantage. That’s what continues to get him into so much trouble now.

For the life of me, I struggle to understand how more people - particularly Randy - not only fail to see through Trump’s crooked bullshit, but simp so hard for him at that.

I guess that’s a consequence of thinking the best way to understand these things is through the lens of partisanship (own the libs) and scapegoating historically oppressed demographics (immigrants, trans, etc), rather than through some broader lens of class struggles.

Randy, you’re so close! Lemme know when you’re ready to jump down Qusdahl’s rabbit hole. But until then, bro be aware you’re getting played like a fiddle.
Last edited by ousdahl on Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Good lord.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Sure, Nancy's:

The U.S. is pumping oil faster than ever. Republicans don’t care.

8/28/23

GOP presidential candidates are blaming pump prices on President Joe Biden’s clean energy policies, even though the U.S. is churning out record amounts of oil...
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:30 am Sure, Nancy's:

The U.S. is pumping oil faster than ever. Republicans don’t care.

8/28/23

GOP presidential candidates are blaming pump prices on President Joe Biden’s clean energy policies, even though the U.S. is churning out record amounts of oil...
Just example 32,734 of why the administration needs to simply do the work of governing. There is not, at present, even an appetite for reality on much-to-most of the other side. Biden = bad, and that's the end of it.