randylahey

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by randylahey »

And for fucks sake end the war on drugs. Legalize Marijuana on a federal level
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:45 am age/term limits.
Term limits are one of those things that makes sense until you dig below surface level. There is a school of thought that I find compelling, which suggests that all term limits do is consolidate even more power in unelected people - both appointees and lobbyists.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:43 am Tax cuts. Limit government spending. Stop insider trading by politicians. Secure our border. Stop incentivizing illegal immigration with handouts. Protect 1st amendment rights. And 2nd amendment. Stop sending American tax dollars overseas. Stop subsidizing wind energy. Abolish the department of education. Bring jobs and production back to America, end our dependence on China. End the patriot act. Stop funding gain of function research

Sever our ties to corrupt agenda driven agencies, like the WEF, WHO etc
Ok, but most of this is so non-specific as to be meaningless.

Take it from the top I guess. “Tax cuts.” Which taxes are you cutting? And how? Or are you proposing something broader, like achieving “tax cuts” by something more dramatic like adopting a national sales tax in lieu of a federal income tax?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Shirley wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:47 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:36 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:14 am uncle joe is a one term due to age.

can you imagine him a year from now. it's going to be sad.
Unfortunately (to me) at this moment the plan is that Joe will NOT be a one term President. Age being ONE of the factors in my feeling that way.

I have felt "it" was sad years ago. The man earned the right to remove himself from politics and enjoy the rest of his life. I feel he didn't run for President when he should have and then he was sort of suckered in to running because he felt he owed it to the Dems. To me, he already paid his dues.
Of course there is plenty he deserves to be ridiculed for but it's sad (again - to me) this man faces constant ridicule for things he doesn't deserve to be ridiculed for.
Biden ran for president in 1988, 2008, and 2020.

Pray tell, when, in your opinion, "should" he have run?
Smart of you to call me out on the word "should". Maybe I should rephrase my sentiment.
Regardless, 2016.
Whether grieving (Beau's illness/death) was the primary reason he didn't run or the Dems felt Hillary would give them the best chance, I think we will never know. I just feel it was the "right" or maybe I should say a "good" time for him to run.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:08 am
randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:43 am Tax cuts. Limit government spending. Stop insider trading by politicians. Secure our border. Stop incentivizing illegal immigration with handouts. Protect 1st amendment rights. And 2nd amendment. Stop sending American tax dollars overseas. Stop subsidizing wind energy. Abolish the department of education. Bring jobs and production back to America, end our dependence on China. End the patriot act. Stop funding gain of function research

Take it from the top I guess. “Tax cuts.” Which taxes are you cutting? And how? Or are you proposing something broader, like achieving “tax cuts” by something more dramatic like adopting a national sales tax in lieu of a federal income tax?
Keep in mind federal taxes are about to go up because of the Republicans - the Trump tax cuts expire for individuals.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:24 am

Unfortunately (to me) at this moment the plan is that Joe will NOT be a one term President. Age being ONE of the factors in my feeling that way.

I have felt "it" was sad years ago. The man earned the right to remove himself from politics and enjoy the rest of his life. I feel he didn't run for President when he should have and then he was sort of suckered in to running because he felt he owed it to the Dems. To me, he already paid his dues.
Of course there is plenty he deserves to be ridiculed for but it's sad (again - to me) this man faces constant ridicule for things he doesn't deserve to be ridiculed for.

Earneddd??????

LOL.

Biden has been a corrupt career politician for 50 years. He got filthy rich by fucking over the American people for half a century
Yes, "earned". Talk shit on him all you want but the bottom line truth is the man has done MANY good things for our country over the past 50 years. Since you know all about him (or at least pretend to) I don't need to list those things for you.
Now tell us about all the things you have done to serve and help our country.

If you think Joe Biden "got filthy rich by fucking over the American people for half a century" then I feel sorry for you.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

uncle joe is a career politician. career politicians are by definition "pond scum."
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

mjl2 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:50 am

Keep in mind federal taxes are about to go up because of the Republicans - the Trump tax cuts expire for individuals.
I am not FOR higher taxes, nor am I AGAINST lower taxes.

What I’m FOR is the government being adequately funded in service of performing the functions the government must perform, and those additional functions that we, through our elected officials at local, state and federal levels, ask the government to perform.

The taxes that are assessed and collected are but a PART of the analysis. Tax cuts qua tax cuts are not the point.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Earneddd??????

LOL.

Biden has been a corrupt career politician for 50 years. He got filthy rich by fucking over the American people for half a century
I call bullshit. Prove me wrong, Randy:

After 36 years as a US senator and 8 years as vice president, Biden's net worth was ~ $1.5 million dollars.
If you take $1.5 million and divide it by 44, (years as a government employee), Biden managed to build his net worth by ~ $34,090.00 per year. And, let's not forget, his wife works, too.

After Biden left the vice presidency:

-Biden earned $11 million from book advances in 2017, and also began earning $100-200,000 per paid speech.

-In 2019, Biden's net worth was ~ $12 Million.

-In 2020 Biden's net worth was estimated to be $17.3 million.

-Biden's net worth in 2021 reached $13 Million.

As of 2022, Biden's net worth was estimated to be ~ $9 million.

$1.5 million as a government employee divided by $9 million total net worth, = > 83% of Biden's net worth was made through free enterprise, while he wasn't a government employee.

Randy, why do you hate capitalism?

Once again Randy, by all means, show the evidence to PROVE ME Wrong.

Or, stop the constant, unremitting lying, and go fuck yourself.

tia
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The Trump tax cuts did not trickle down to the likes of this board. They raised taxes by taking away middle class deductions.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you would see clearer if you took your blinders off.

how does the expression go. "we see what we want to see."
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:33 pm The Trump tax cuts did not trickle down to the likes of this board. They raised taxes by taking away middle class deductions.
And of course the scope of the issue is much broader than that.

It’s well-settled at this point that trickle-down economics (and corresponding tax policy) is a mirage. Something we all wish worked, but does not.

So the REAL discussion is around what services the government SHOULD perform (such that we all bear a small portion of the cost), versus what services should be paid for by users (such that the burden falls on users).

THEN, you sort out how the government should get the revenue it needs, in order to perform those services well.

It makes no sense to START with decreasing tax revenue, and forging a budget (for what’s left) from there.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:53 am

Earneddd??????

LOL.

Yes, "earned". Talk shit on him all you want but the bottom line truth is the man has done MANY good things for our country over the past 50 years. Since you know all about him (or at least pretend to) I don't need to list those things for you.

If you think Joe Biden "got filthy rich by fucking over the American people for half a century" then I feel sorry for you.
Give me a couple hundred million dollars and immunity from the law and see what I can do for the country
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:45 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:53 am

Earneddd??????

LOL.

Give me a couple hundred million dollars and immunity from the law and see what I can do for the country
Respectfully, we just tried that. And it went poorly.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:08 pm
mjl2 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:50 am

I am not FOR higher taxes, nor am I AGAINST lower taxes.

What I’m FOR is the government being adequately funded in service of performing the functions the government must perform, and those additional functions that we, through our elected officials at local, state and federal levels, ask the government to perform.

The taxes that are assessed and collected are but a PART of the analysis. Tax cuts qua tax cuts are not the point.
[nods in agreement ]
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 12:33 pm The Trump tax cuts did not trickle down to the likes of this board. They raised taxes by taking away middle class deductions.
That's just not accurate
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

We interrupt the torrent of crap Randy drops on the site daily to inform you that:

Warren Buffet, chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway, (BRK), a company with a market capitalization of $788.74 Billion dollars, turned 93 a week ago, and BRK hit an all-time high today.

We now return you to Randy's septic tank.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

mjl2 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:13 pm
That's just not accurate
Detail to me just how your taxes decreased. Mine went up. Several services now are also taxable. And as Trump threatened the fed, real property went into a price gouge costing all of us much higher taxes.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

if you have a beef with your taxes, take it up with the dude in the big boy chair. he's in charge.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:18 pm
mjl2 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:13 pm
That's just not accurate
Detail to me just how your taxes decreased. Mine went up. Several services now are also taxable. And as Trump threatened the fed, real property went into a price gouge costing all of us much higher taxes.
You said middle class.
Median married couples in 2017 vs 2022.

2017:
Median income around 80,000.
Minus standard deduction of 12,790 = 67,300.
First 18,650 taxed at 10%, so 1865.
Remaining income taxed at 15%, so 7297.
Federal taxes = $9,162.

2022:
Median income around 85,000.
Minus standard deduction of 13,850 = 71,150.
First 20,550 taxed at 10%, so 2055.
Remaining income taxed at 12%, so 6072.
Federal taxes = $8,127.

You think middle class is paying significant SALT?

I'm also dismissing the claim that Trump raised house values, because if that's true, you were offset by having greater equity.

And I have no idea what "services" you're referring to.