Advice Request....

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Advice Request....

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

This is for the attorneys and/or anyone else.

A few days ago on Twitter I asked some questions and tweeted respectful replies to those who answered my questions.
Some asshole tweeted in regards to me - Hey @fbi, might wanna check this dude’s browser history.

While thankfully I have nothing to hide, I reported it to Twitter and asked that they please remove it.
ZERO response from twitter and it is still "posted".

I cited these "rules"......
*You may not share abusive content, harass someone, or encourage other people to do so.
*We consider targeted behavior as malicious, unreciprocated, and intended to humiliate or degrade an individual(s).
*Mentioning or tagging users with malicious content.
*Encouraging or calling for others to harass an individual or group of people.
*We prohibit behavior that encourages others to harass or target specific individuals or groups of people with abuse.

Perhaps what the person did isn't a "direct" violation of any of those rules but I feel it was wrong and in some way/s might be an "indirect" violation.

My question is, what if anything else can/should I do in regards to trying to get the tweet removed?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Advice Request....

Post by jhawks99 »

In first with...

Break up with her.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The owner of Twitter supports Kanye for President and tweets about boners.

I don’t think your odds are good.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Hahahahah. What the fuck
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jhawks99 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:22 am In first with...

Break up with her.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:23 am The owner of Twitter supports Kanye for President and tweets about boners.

True.

I'm thinking this might be what HE would say to me.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

This sounds like one of those things where fighting just gives oxygen to the issue.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:23 am The owner of Twitter supports Kanye for President and tweets about boners.

^^^

It was accompanied by “come get some”.

https://twitter.com/thetrueshelby/statu ... wsrc%5Etfw
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 9:28 am This sounds like one of those things where fighting just gives oxygen to the issue.
I agree. I'm just letting it go now that I haven't received a response/resolution.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Feral wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:05 am

^^^

It was accompanied by “come get some”.

https://twitter.com/thetrueshelby/statu ... wsrc%5Etfw
There is a Tesla dealership in the building I work in.
Maybe I should shave my head and go in there and tear up a photo of Elon?

Or ask to take a test drive and either shit in the car or purposely crash it?
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

I was offered at work a position that's above the one I currently have.
However, there is no change in my "grade level" or pay.

Can't decide if I should take it or tell them to get bent. Initially told my manager the latter but that I needed some time to think about it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

mjl2 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:35 am I was offered at work a position that's above the one I currently have.

Can't decide if I should take it or tell them to get bent. Initially told my manager the latter but that I needed some time to think about it.
Mrs. Fish is in a very similar spot.

Unfortunately, the best way to get the "next" job is sometimes to just DO it. Before you get recognized or paid for it.

And, from Mrs. Fish's experience, I would just add that one benefit of doing it before you get recognized or paid for it, is that if you turn out not to like it (or to want something different), you have a little bit of an escape hatch back "down" to the role that is better for you.
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:45 am
mjl2 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:35 am I was offered at work a position that's above the one I currently have.

Mrs. Fish is in a very similar spot.

Unfortunately, the best way to get the "next" job is sometimes to just DO it. Before you get recognized or paid for it.

And, from Mrs. Fish's experience, I would just add that one benefit of doing it before you get recognized or paid for it, is that if you turn out not to like it (or to want something different), you have a little bit of an escape hatch back "down" to the role that is better for you.
That's an angle I hadn't thought of... Thanks
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

they want you to do more work for the same amount of money. you need to get the uaw behind you. you will be doing less work for more money.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Fish gave you good advice. My thoughts and questions are....
Seems you are content in your current position. Content is comfort. That's not a bad thing.
Do you want/enjoy new challenges?
More work and same pay? Should depend on if you would enjoy the added responsibilities.
Decent/better chance for a salary increase in the near future?
Decent/better chance for a larger bonus?
Does your company offer perks based on title/s/position/s?
If you are given a more "prestigious" title might/could you possibly benefit from it should you look to leave the company and take another job?
Do you like the people who would be working under you and would they be of help you?
Any possible future repercussions - that you might not be offered another higher position because you turned down this one?
Did you ask yourself WWJD?
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:14 am they want you to do more work for the same amount of money. you need to get the uaw behind you. you will be doing less work for more money.
It's not more work. It's just higher up in the decision making tree
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:15 am

Seems you are content in your current position. Content is comfort. That's not a bad thing.
Do you want/enjoy new challenges? depends. The last few years, having small children was the challenge, so wanted comfort at work. Kids are older now, so that may have changed.
More work and same pay? Should depend on if you would enjoy the added responsibilities. not more work. Broader purview and increased decision making power, less time spent helping individual devs
Decent/better chance for a salary increase in the near future? dunno
Decent/better chance for a larger bonus? not immediately
Does your company offer perks based on title/s/position/s? sort of?
If you are given a more "prestigious" title might/could you possibly benefit from it should you look to leave the company and take another job? depends. Hurts probably the number of jobs I could get because it involves less coding. But helps if I were looking for, say, system architect type of job
Do you like the people who would be working under you and would they be of help you? some of them
Any possible future repercussions - that you might not be offered another higher position because you turned down this one? maybe, dunno
Did you ask yourself WWJD? not yet
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

mjl2 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:54 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:15 am

Do you want/enjoy new challenges? depends. The last few years, having small children was the challenge, so wanted comfort at work. Kids are older now, so that may have changed.
More work and same pay? Should depend on if you would enjoy the added responsibilities. not more work. Broader purview and increased decision making power, less time spent helping individual devs
Decent/better chance for a salary increase in the near future? dunno
Decent/better chance for a larger bonus? not immediately
Does your company offer perks based on title/s/position/s? sort of?
If you are given a more "prestigious" title might/could you possibly benefit from it should you look to leave the company and take another job? depends. Hurts probably the number of jobs I could get because it involves less coding. But helps if I were looking for, say, system architect type of job
Do you like the people who would be working under you and would they be of help you? some of them
Any possible future repercussions - that you might not be offered another higher position because you turned down this one? maybe, dunno
Did you ask yourself WWJD? not yet
My hope is your answering my questions didn't confuse you more in regards to your decision. My intention was to try and help. I wish you the best whatever you choose to do.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

This might not apply to you, but something to consider:

My brother started at UPS as a driver, a member of the Teamsters Union. He was a very smart person and very hard worker and eventually was offered a job in management, which he took. Later, he was offered a promotion that entailed a move to Louisville which was to become the hub for the aviation division of UPS, but he declined it for family reasons.

From that moment forward he was perceived as "no longer a team player", treated as such, and his chances for future promotions dropped to zero. Not long afterwards, he left.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas