Where were you on 9/11?

Coffee talk.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Where were you on 9/11?

Post by Shirley »

On 9/11 I considered posting about it being the 50th anniversary of the the Nixon Admin's part in the coup to depose Allende, and especially Henry Kissinger's role in it, but I was busy.

And, frankly, even tho we likely have similar views about it, doing something to increase the chances I'd have to interact with you, ousdahl, on this or any other subject these days given your style of "interacting", i.e., mischaracterizing other poster's positions and putting word in our mouths. was not a road I cared to go down.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh come on bro, it's not like I called you a Russian spam bot.

but yea, if you think we likely have similar views, I'd sincerely like to hear yours, and discuss.

cuz, I have this feeling we very well may have similar views on this one.

and fwiw I'll make the effort to not mischaracterize, nor to put words in anyone's mouths.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:00 pm Thank Gaia you're here!

I was worried that after the Mean Girls chased Gobmylobster off, I'd NEVER learn the true story of what happened that day!
omg right?

did you see lobster on the pols bored going to bat about why it's not fair to call Trump a convicted rapist?

wait nm thinking of someone else.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I remember Sept 12 just as vividly.
We were trying to run the Gold Camp road and attached Jeep trails, and most access to the mountains within 25 miles of NORAD were closed down by humvees blocking the entrances.

Apache helicopters were buzzing around non stop.

APCs were parked at each end of most dams.

It kind of felt like Red Dawn.

Also, me ex-BIL worked at NORAD at this time. After a few months, he said that there were over 10,000 aircraft in the sky across the US when the threat was identified, and within 1 hour they were all on the ground. That is shocking.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:43 pm I remember Sept 12 just as vividly.
We were trying to run the Gold Camp road and attached Jeep trails, and most access to the mountains within 25 miles of NORAD were closed down by humvees blocking the entrances.

Also, me ex-BIL worked at NORAD at this time. After a few months, he said that there were over 10,000 aircraft in the sky across the US when the threat was identified, and within 1 hour they were all on the ground. That is shocking.
Interesting. Either your ex-bil is wrong or the FAA and our Government is lying.
The FAA claimed there were less than 5,000 aircraft in the sky over the USA.
Also, US airspace was "shut down" at 9:45am and all aircraft were advised/told to prepare to land at the nearest airport/s. It took until 12:15pm for all aircraft to be on the ground.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:22 pm why it's not fair to call Trump a convicted rapist?
So close...
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:56 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:22 pm why it's not fair to call Trump a convicted rapist?
So close...
ok bro.

have it your way.

let's go full conspiracy!

this, on 9/19/01, straight from that bottom-feeding fake-news-peddling 4chan lobster tank itself:

CBS News
Sources tell CBS News that the afternoon before the attack, alarm bells were sounding over unusual trading in the U.S. stock options market.

An extraordinary number of trades were betting that American Airlines stock price would fall.

The trades are called "puts" and they involved at least 450,000 shares of American. But what raised the red flag is more than 80 percent of the orders were "puts", far outnumbering "call" options, those betting the stock would rise.

Sources say they have never seen that kind of imbalance before, reports CBS News Correspondent Sharyl Attkisson. Normally the numbers are fairly even.
The same thing happened with United Airlines on the Chicago Board Options Exchange four days before the attack. An extremely unbalanced number of trades betting United's stock price would fall — also transformed into huge profits when it did after the hijackings.
U.S. investigators want to know whether Osama bin Laden was the ultimate "inside trader" — profiting from a tragedy he's suspected of masterminding to finance his operation.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/profiting-from-disaster/
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:02 pm

Interesting. Either your ex-bil is wrong or the FAA and our Government is lying.
Also, US airspace was "shut down" at 9:45am and all aircraft were advised/told to prepare to land at the nearest airport/s. It took until 12:15pm for all aircraft to be on the ground.
No worries Gutter.
NORAD tracks EVERY plane in the air at any given moment, both civilian AND military.
It also sees all small craft in the air…of every size and type.
I asked him why that number seemed way high, and he said very few sources have the ability to see what NORAD sees.

All of this, we discussed after he was locked down for almost a month.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:57 pm

No worries Gutter.
NORAD tracks EVERY plane in the air at any given moment, both civilian AND military.
I asked him why that number seemed way high, and he said very few sources have the ability to see what NORAD sees.

I swear on my mother's life I edited my post and one of the things I had originally typed/asked was if you thought that lower number from the FAA may have been excluding private/military/"cargo" etc., and that was just "commercial" aircraft. Doesn't really matter. 5,000, 10,000 that was a lot a planes in the sky that all could have been and no one originally knew if they were hi-jacked.

Something else that I question is..... Of course it was a massive cluster fuck. I figure as soon as ALL planes were told to land at the closest POSSIBLE airport it would take some time to properly coordinate but why would it have taken the 2.5 hours that the FAA claims it took?

Last thing. In late October of 2011 I went to Las Vegas. Of course security was still very tight. U.S. Military people "stationed" in all major airports. I walked in to the mens room and saw a guy that couldn't have been more than 5 foot 6 and 120 pounds. My very first thought was that maybe he is a bad ass but pussy ass bitch me and anyone else who was "normal" size could have over taken the guy and grabbed his gun and wreaked havoc. I felt LESS safe with that guy than I would have felt if he was NOT making his presence felt.
I also felt if "the terrorists" were going to strike again, the first place they would attack in the USA would be Las Vegas. For similar reasons they struck the Twin Towers.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:45 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:56 pm
So close...
ok bro.

have it your way.

let's go full conspiracy!

this, on 9/19/01, straight from that bottom-feeding fake-news-peddling 4chan lobster tank itself:

CBS News
Sources tell CBS News that the afternoon before the attack, alarm bells were sounding over unusual trading in the U.S. stock options market.

An extraordinary number of trades were betting that American Airlines stock price would fall.

The trades are called "puts" and they involved at least 450,000 shares of American. But what raised the red flag is more than 80 percent of the orders were "puts", far outnumbering "call" options, those betting the stock would rise.

Sources say they have never seen that kind of imbalance before, reports CBS News Correspondent Sharyl Attkisson. Normally the numbers are fairly even.
The same thing happened with United Airlines on the Chicago Board Options Exchange four days before the attack. An extremely unbalanced number of trades betting United's stock price would fall — also transformed into huge profits when it did after the hijackings.
U.S. investigators want to know whether Osama bin Laden was the ultimate "inside trader" — profiting from a tragedy he's suspected of masterminding to finance his operation.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/profiting-from-disaster/
I think you’re thinking of Bobby Axelrod.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:34 am

No worries Gutter.

I figure as soon as ALL planes were told to land at the closest POSSIBLE airport it would take some time to properly coordinate but why would it have taken the 2.5 hours that the FAA claims it took?
Inbound international flights.
NORAD was tracking planes in the air in the US airspace.

Inbound international flights....not much you can do. Plus, they would be low risk because they wouldn't carry enough fuel to be as effective.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Some tv character? I dunno that one.

I just think it’s funny that merica only really cares about insider trading if they think it’s Bin Laden doing it.

I’d also think that every single person who did short or put or whatever with airline stocks in the days become 9/11 would be a lead worth investigating.

Tho, the article mentions if the money tracks back to some country that doesn’t cooperate with Merica, maybe the lead just kinda ends there. (Or maybe the next question asked is, “but does that country have oil?”)

Now, I don’t think I’m enough of a conspiracy theorist to think 9/11 was intentionally perpetrated by our gummint or the evil rich people who run it.

But, with evil rich people being what they are, I think it’s at least plausible that they had some knowledge that an airplane hijack attack was imminent, and their foremost reaction was, “well then maybe it’s a good chance get richer (and eviler) by selling my United stock.”

The fact the mainstream media was reporting this shit in the days after 9/11 but nothing more ever really came of it, may lend credence to that theory.

“We can’t let the folks know just how evil and rich we really are, so howsabout we just scapegoat Afghanistan instead, now Let’s Have A War! btw now’s also a good time to take that cash from United and put it in Raytheon.”
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

considering what you are. you did pretty good. you waited 3 days before you turned this thread into a portapotty. for you. that is good restraint.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Overlander wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:40 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:34 am

No worries Gutter.

I figure as soon as ALL planes were told to land at the closest POSSIBLE airport it would take some time to properly coordinate but why would it have taken the 2.5 hours that the FAA claims it took?
Inbound international flights.
NORAD was tracking planes in the air in the US airspace.

Inbound international flights....not much you can do. Plus, they would be low risk because they wouldn't carry enough fuel to be as effective.
Aha! Dumbfuck me was too stupid to think about that.