Uncle Joe

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:11 pm Image
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:43 am
Shirley wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:56 am
JKLivin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:41 am

Where can I line up a gig like that?!? I don't have political favors to trade or connections with Burisma, but I don't have dementia and still have control of my bowels. That's gotta count for something, right?
Biden wasn't in office at the time. Considering what he was being paid/speech, he gave them a discount. Is it possible that having someone like Biden make those appearances benefitted the university in way$ above and beyond what they paid him?

Why are you and DC against capitalism, and the free market?

Would you guys prefer that we refer to you as "comrade"?
Not in office does not equal without connections or political influence, but you already knew that.
So what is your take on Saudis giving Kushner $2B or Clarence Thomas having a sugar daddy?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:09 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:01 am The us poverty rate increased for the first time in 13 years... under bidenomics??? How could it be

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxUHmbnNliV ... FlYzFmZQ==
No way! Brandon and Janet Yellen both say that the economy is fantastic. Just stop eating so much, quite driving your car on days that end in "y", and keep your thermostat at 45 degrees this winter, you rube!
And you wonder why I refer to you as "dimwitted", and "imbeciles"?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

time for some self-reflection, Shirls
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

randylahey wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:11 pm
Shirley wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:41 am
JKLivin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:49 am

If that's true, one could argue that all it proves is that he is a horrible manager of personal finances.
When he began serving in the senate, Biden made a whopping $42,500/year.

A single parent with two boys and a residence in Wilmington, Maryland. He didn't want his infant sons to grow up without him, so he took the 1 1/2 hour-long train ride to DC, and 1 ½ hour-long trip back home, 259 miles round trip, everyday when the senate was in session. An average of 217 times per year.

Many congresspeople complain about the cost of having to maintain two residences, one in DC and another wherever they're from. To me, someone who would have a difficult time accepting 3 hours of commuting daily, it sounds to me like he was rather thrifty. Your opinion, may differ.

And I'm not saying that, as someone who complains and blames others for their economic situation you can't think and say what you like, but proceed with caution, because you're beginning to take on a somewhat green sheen...
He didn't want them to grow up without him so he decided to spend.... 3 hours a day commuting??? Lol. Seems a bit contradictory
He also preferred they grow up in Wilmington, MD rather than DC, you fool.
Anand Giridharadas
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm betting he could have found a 42k a year job in Wilmington and spent more time with his kids if that was actually his priority

But it wasn't. It's just another bullshit story from biden
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i guess if anyone would know bullshit, it’s randy
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

It must be tough to be right all the time. I found this at a good price, it might help Randy land safely back on earth.

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:30 pm time for some self-reflection, Shirls
I get Psych's point, and, I do give him credit for not doing so himself.

But Psych and Randy are exhibit one in "what's wrong with America today".

Selfish, with little to no regard for reality, facts, or the common good.

What are we supposed to call people who are ignorant and gullible enough to fall for Trump's decades-long grift resulting in an existential threat to our democracy? They actually believe that Trump won the 2020 election, despite no evidence. NONE!

I feel sorry for them, but it's difficult to sustain the benevolence year after year after year.

Who, other than an imbecile, promotes the shit that a carnival barker like Alex Jones spews, unless they're benefitting from his grift? Who?

I could go on...

#sorrynotsorry

Be sure to checkout my store!
Anand Giridharadas
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:29 pm
randylahey wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:01 am The us poverty rate increased for the first time in 13 years... under bidenomics??? How could it be

No way! Brandon and Janet Yellen both say that the economy is fantastic. Just stop eating so much, quite driving your car on days that end in "y", and keep your thermostat at 45 degrees this winter, you rube!
I don't wonder. I think it is a combination of being unhappy, which is understandable right now, and not really getting my sense of humor, which some people have a hard time with. I don't get the impression that you are an outright mean person like Trad and Overlander.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Donald Trump pledged to eradicate the national debt, which stood at $23.1 trillion when he assumed office.

However, upon his departure, the debt had escalated to $30.9 trillion, representing an increase of $7.8 trillion.

Notably, this means that roughly 25% of the total national debt in American history was accumulated during Trump's presidency, with the collaboration of a GOP-controlled Congress.
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I blame brandon
Defense. Rebounds.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:56 pm I blame brandon
Now you’re gettin’ it!
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

No way! Brandon and Janet Yellen both say that the economy is fantastic. Just stop eating so much, quit driving your car on days that end in "y", and keep your thermostat at 45 degrees this winter, you rube!
I expect this level of stupidity from Randy, not so much from you
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:48 pm
Shirley wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:29 pm

I don't get the impression that you are an outright mean person like Trad and Overlander.
This is 100% awesome!
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

mjl2 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:24 pm

No way! Brandon and Janet Yellen both say that the economy is fantastic. Just stop eating so much, quit driving your car on days that end in "y", and keep your thermostat at 45 degrees this winter, you rube!
As I told Shirley, not everyone gets my sense of humor, and that’s okay. May I suggest interpreting posts like the one above as tongue-in-cheek?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:12 pm
twocoach wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:10 am

Ask your Congress person why they let the Child Tax Credit expire.
Oh right of course
Everything that goes bad under bidens watch is somehow magically someone else's fault and has nothing to do with him? I forgot
Acting like an overly dramatic tween doesn't help your claim that you're just here to have reasonable discussions.

As the adult part of your brain knows, some things, but not all things, that happen during Biden's administration are his fault. Some things, but not all things, are not his fault. Yes, I get that you think "everyone" blamed everything that happened during Trump's administration on Trump so you're here to turn the tables but the whole "they did it first" is the argument of toddlers.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:22 pm

As I told Shirley, not everyone gets my sense of humor, and that’s okay. May I suggest interpreting posts like the one above as tongue-in-cheek?
If others laugh, then you're being funny. If it's only you laughing then you're just being a dick who finds it funny to be a dick.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:32 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:22 pm

If others laugh, then you're being funny. If it's only you laughing then you're just being a dick who finds it funny to be a dick.
My apologies. I see it as gallows humor. We’re all screwed, and it helps me to find ways to laugh rather than cry or punch a wall.