Finding New Shit on TV

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Finding New Shit on TV

Post by jhawks99 »

Anyone have youtube TV? Thinking about signing up. I need espn before Saturday. And it seems to have good channels at a decent price
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:06 pm Anyone have youtube TV? Thinking about signing up. I need espn before Saturday. And it seems to have good channels at a decent price
Yes, I do and I like it a lot. Sometimes my connection buffers a bit but blame that more on my mediocre wifi than anything.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Thanks, I think we're going for it
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I've got it. I love it.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Watched the first 2 episodes of The Murdaugh Murders.

Holy fuck
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

shits crazy
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

it is insane
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

in other news, I'm just a decade or so behind but I finally started the Wire.

Also found Deadwood on prime, havent seen that around anywhere aince it went off the air. The first 2 seasons are awesome..and apparently there's a movie now?
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:15 am in other news, I'm just a decade or so behind but I finally started the Wire.

Also found Deadwood on prime, havent seen that around anywhere aince it went off the air. The first 2 seasons are awesome..and apparently there's a movie now?
Of the series I've missed out on, The Wire and Breaking Bad are always near the top of the list.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Please Be Kind Rewind is on HBO.
I forgot how much I enjoyed this movie.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

twocoach wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:10 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:06 pm Anyone have youtube TV? Thinking about signing up. I need espn before Saturday. And it seems to have good channels at a decent price
Yes, I do and I like it a lot. Sometimes my connection buffers a bit but blame that more on my mediocre wifi than anything.
Loving it myself
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TDub wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:15 am in other news, I'm just a decade or so behind but I finally started the Wire.

The Wire…best show ever.

Deadwood….not far behind.
The Deadwood Movie……meh
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:01 pm

The Wire…best show ever.

Deadwood….not far behind.
The Deadwood Movie……meh
yea deadwood is one of my top 5 shows ever. I've been wanting to watch it again but hadn't found it. I thinkni have season 1 on DVD somewhere.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Making Fun on netflix is pretty entertaining (and a bit educational)
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

10/3/23 A Frontline Documentary tonight on PBS:

FRONTLINE examines the Houston Astros cheating scandal and what it says about baseball today. With reporter Ben Reiter, the documentary traces the making of one of the best teams and worst scandals in modern Major League Baseball history, the limited accountability and how the Astros’ approach to baseball changed the sport.

THE ASTROS EDGE
Triumph and Scandal in Major League Baseball

The Major League Baseball postseason begins today — and the Houston Astros are in the playoffs for the seventh year in a row.

In addition to hopes for another World Series win, the Astros are carrying something else: a persistent stain to the club's reputation from one of the most explosive scandals in modern baseball history.

Tonight, a new, 90-minute FRONTLINE documentary goes inside that scandal — examining the Astros’ journey from the worst team in baseball to the most dominant club of the era, the team's 2017 cheating scheme and the fallout, and what it all says about baseball today.

The Astros Edge: Triumph and Scandal in Major League Baseball features new and exclusive interviews with former MLB insiders — including a former Astros video manager who speaks out for the first time and details the inner workings of the now-infamous sign-stealing scheme, and the most expansive on-camera interview yet with former Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow, who continues to deny awareness of the cheating.

Directed and produced by Jonathan Clasberry with producer Quinton Boudwin, The Astros Edge is narrated by producer and reporter Ben Reiter, who has covered the team extensively for Sports Illustrated, in the book Astroball, and in the podcast, The Edge: Houston Astros.

In the documentary, Reiter chronicles how the Astros' innovative and hypercompetitive approach — data-driven and drawn from Wall Street and Silicon Valley — took shape and changed the game. Then, he probes that approach’s shadow side, piecing together how a “win-at-all-costs” culture inside the Astros led to a cheating scheme that would taint the team’s 2017 World Series win and reverberate across the sports world.

The Astros Edge also examines MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred’s own investigation into the scandal, which offered immunity to Astros players and resulted in few consequences for those who primarily carried out the cheating.

With many of the people implicated still involved in Major League Baseball, and the data-driven pursuit of an “edge” now standard throughout the game, The Astros Edge is a must-watch documentary about the making of one of the best teams and worst scandals in modern MLB history.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Watched the new Ninja Turtles movie on the flight back to Maine.
I heard good things but wow, it's got so much love poured into it.
If you were ever a fan of the comics/tv show/toys etc, it's a must see.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

that’s a surprising take

might have to check it out now
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

what sling do I need ...orange or blue or orange and blue?
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you’re mostly just watching KUBB then Orange would be enough.

Blue gives you FS1 where a few of our football games have landed.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you can also switch at any point, if memory serves