Southern border

Ugh.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Southern border

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:45 pm
jfish26 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:39 pm Maybe some, you know, properly-vetted facts would help us understand what exactly it is you’re on about this evening?
It's pretty straight forward I'm not sure what you are confused about. Also It's pretty simple to look things up if you are uninformed
If it’s very straightforward then please show us the data and let’s discuss!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:39 pm Maybe some, you know, properly-vetted facts would help us understand what exactly it is you’re on about this evening?
It's pretty straight forward I'm not sure what you are confused about. Also It's pretty simple to look things up if you are uninformed
Advice from the Ill-informed…no thanks
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Randy wrote:"...So why does the msm cover the border crisis? It's not worth a story?
Why do they cover it...it's not worth a story?

Are you drunk?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I atoned last night so I am going to be kind. randy has seemed especially "off" recently. I hope he's ok.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8jIe9a4zBg

“O master Satan
I want to dance cumbia but Christ has no rhythm
He offered the super that I’ve choreographed and the pacos that I’ve sweet-talked and the micro that I snuck in today for detroit.

I am the teacher, I am Satan
I multiplied Hans Pozo like Christ did with bread
I was the one who injected all evil into Antares of light and the thieves of truth.
I produced the Decide concert.
I hit this album by Anarkia Tropikal
I made Gabriela Mistral a dyke.
THE CAMIROAGA PLANE BLEW IT UP.

Satan, Satan, Satan, Satan is cumbia mom.

AND THE ONE WHO DOESN’ T JUMP IS PACO.
AND THE ONE WHO DOESN’ T JUMP IS PACO.
AND THE ONE WHO DOESN’ T JUMP IS PACO CULIAO.

O master Satan
I want to dance cumbia but Christ has no rhythm
You lack flow!

He offered the super that I’ve choreographed and the pacos that I’ve sweet-talked and the micro that I snuck in today for detroit.

SATAN, SATAN, SATAN, SATAN IS THE CUMBIA
SATAN, SATAN, SATAN, SATAN IS CUMBIA.”
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I continue to be amused at how a simple request - show data and let's discuss relative opinions based on objective facts - chases a certain someone right out of threads.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:02 am I continue to be amused at how a simple request - show data and let's discuss relative opinions based on objective facts - chases a certain someone right out of threads.
It's a dumb game you play. You never accept facts if they don't support your narratives. We've been down this road s dozen times.

What facts are you even trying to deny at this point? That millions of illegal immigrants are crossing into our country???
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:09 am
jfish26 wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:02 am I continue to be amused at how a simple request - show data and let's discuss relative opinions based on objective facts - chases a certain someone right out of threads.
It's a dumb game you play. You never accept facts if they don't support your narratives. We've been down this road s dozen times.

What facts are you even trying to deny at this point? That millions of illegal immigrants are crossing into our country???
What you miss about actual facts is that they're not really capable of being denied.* They're capable of being contextualized, but facts are facts.

So, show us the FACTS you'd like to discuss, and let's discuss them. But simply saying that "millions of illegal immigrants are crossing into our country" does not do much. And so there is nothing to discuss, absent facts.

Where's the number coming from? If we're deriving it from arrests...then what does that mean and not mean?

And over what period? If we're extrapolating annual figures from other periodic figures, is there a seasonality component to sort?

These are not "dumb games" - this is just how rational people evaluate claims.

* Of course, your side of the fence denies facts - denies math and science - all the time.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Ironical
Defense. Rebounds.