DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Let’s have a war!

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoa, in 2021 there was a march honoring SS Galichina in Kyiv? that's some of the most elaborate Putin propaganda yet.

I got curious, poked around for how that was reported in 2021, and came across this from that same source:
Note: In the years since the Maidan uprising brought a new government to Ukraine in 2014, numerous monuments to Nazi collaborators and Holocaust perpetrators have been erected, at times as frequently as a new one each week.
https://forward.com/news/462916/nazi-co ... n-ukraine/

the article then goes on to document an extensive list of examples of Ukrainian nationalists who hailed Hitler and slaughtered Jews in WW2, and are getting the hero treatment with monuments built all over Ukraine now - statues, street names, museums, parades, all sorts of shit.

Hopefully Zelensky has denounced all that too, cuz in case he really has yet to notice, he's presiding over a nation full of Cartmans....who wants to be the one to tell him?

to be fair tho, the article also mentions and links to nazi monuments in places like the US and Canada and Germany. So in that regard, I guess Ukraine really IS being westernized.

I mean...how bout this whopper?
Yaroslav Stetsko (1912–1986), who led Ukraine’s 1941 Nazi-collaborationist government which welcomed the Germans and declared allegiance to Hitler. A rabid antisemite, Stetsko had written “I insist on the extermination of the Jews and the need to adapt German methods of exterminating Jews in Ukraine.” Five days prior to the Nazi invasion, Stetsko assured OUN-B leader Stepan Bandera: “We will organize a Ukrainian militia that will help us to remove the Jews.”

He kept his word — the German invasion of Ukraine was accompanied by horrific pogroms with the incitement and eager participation of OUN nationalists. The initial L’viv pogrom alone had 4,000 victims. By the war’s end, Ukrainian nationalist groups massacred tens of thousands of Jews, both in cooperation with Nazi death squads and on their own volition.
After the war, Stetsko — the man who formally pledged his government’s loyalty to Hitler — moved to the U.S., where he quickly rose into the highest circles of Washington. He was lauded as leader of freedom fighters by Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush.

(this is all disgusting)
Last edited by ousdahl on Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

WhY dO yOu HaTe DeMoCrAcY sO mUcH?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

freedom fighter lulz
mjl2
Contributor

Post by mjl2 »

What did you think was meant every time it's reported that we're providing both military and economic support?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

You should ask the folks at 60 Minutes.

They "discovered" it.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

mjl2 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:30 pm
What did you think was meant every time it's reported that we're providing both military and economic support?
Apparently, I misunderstood too.

It left me wondering, why does DC think we would spend tens of billions of dollars in military assistance repelling Russian imperialism, but do nothing to maintain and preserve the society of Ukraine, whose quest for self-determination we support?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Shirley wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:24 am

It left me wondering, why does DC think we would spend tens of billions of dollars in military assistance repelling Russian imperialism, but do nothing to maintain and preserve the society of Ukraine, whose quest for self-determination we support?
You sound so familiar. I just can't place....

Never mind. I figured it out.

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Shirley wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:24 am

well, "nothing" is prob too much of an absolute, but I'm otherwise kinda concerned that the US's track record of maintaining and preserving societies once the war machine comes to town ain't necessarily great.

but, maybe Ukraine will be different! maybe there really are a few key differences this time.

as for DC's point in sharing that, I dunno. But, among other things, and just for the sake of discussion - as far as all the things your and my tax dollars could be spent on to better the lives of us taxpayers and the nation and world at large, how high does "Ukrainian cop salaries" rank on your list?

and, now we're veering to the Serve and Protect thread, but for that matter - how high might U.S. cop salaries compare on your list?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and, know what this thread needed a long time ago?

a drinking game: every time a war hawk blames, ignores, or otherwise downplays a valid credible example of Ukrainian nazis, as just more Russian propaganda, take a drink.

actually, no, we don't need that. If that was the case, there's no telling how gushered we'd get.

cuz, the thing is....

DRINK!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ament.html
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Thanks for supporting Russian war criminals Ghandi.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

oh trust me, I wanna put an end to Russian war criminals just as much as you.

the big difference between us is, you wanna put an end to only Russian war criminals.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

You'll find justice prevails after the bleeding stops on this criminal genocide.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yes, let’s stop the bleeding!

That means a peace deal ASAP, not escalating yet another endless war.

And yes, let justice prevail!

That means trials for every suspected war criminal. All of them. Yes, the Russian war criminals you’ve been so conditioned to boogeyman. But, yes, also the Nazis you continue to afford the fanboy treatment.

among others…
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:30 am Yes, let’s stop the bleeding!

That means a peace deal ASAP, not escalating yet another endless war.

And yes, let justice prevail!

That means trials for every suspected war criminal. All of them. Yes, the Russian war criminals you’ve been so conditioned to boogeyman. But, yes, also the Nazis you continue to afford the fanboy treatment.

among others…
Tell us what a peace deal might look like.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas