Big tech political thread

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Big tech political thread

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:14 pm Zuckerberg admits exactly what I was saying all along. Wow

https://twitter.com/kevinnbass/status/1 ... v2ylQ&s=19
"We think this is true but we do not want it shared until we know for certain that it is true" is not anything that bothers me. I have asked for initial sharings of my research on a number of issues to be held back from being published internally until I have done additional validation over a longer period of time. That's just called being thorough.

If they flat out censored things that were 100% verified at the time (which would have been nearly impossible) then I would have a problem with that.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:05 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:14 pm Zuckerberg admits exactly what I was saying all along. Wow

https://twitter.com/kevinnbass/status/1 ... v2ylQ&s=19
"We think this is true but we do not want it shared until we know for certain that it is true" is not anything that bothers me. I have asked for initial sharings of my research on a number of issues to be held back from being published internally until I have done additional validation over a longer period of time. That's just called being thorough.

If they flat out censored things that were 100% verified at the time (which would have been nearly impossible) then I would have a problem with that.
The overarching issue is that there is not, to my knowledge, clear guidance on what exactly social media IS, from a legal standpoint.

It's something crying out for order and bright lines. The extent to which the government should be permitted to tell private business what to do, is something that should have order and bright lines.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Lol I’m not sure I’ve ever seen “Retweeting Videos” in someone’s Twitter bio.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Also, fuck off, don’t start calling each and every instance of regulation “weaponization”.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

deliberate misrepresentation of the facts

color me shocked

jfish wrote:fuck off
^^^^
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:30 pm deliberate misrepresentation of the facts

color me shocked

^^^^
^^^

Sadly, acting in bad faith is the republican normal.

It's not that both parties haven't done it before, but not 24/7/365.

There's a real possibility it could be the end of US.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:57 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:30 pm deliberate misrepresentation of the facts

color me shocked

^^^^
^^^

Sadly, acting in bad faith is the republican normal.

It's not that both parties haven't done it before, but not 24/7/365.

There's a real possibility it could be the end of US.
The bad faith chaos agents are getting what they want; either (1) the non-crazies take the high road (and we're paralyzed because only one side even acts in good faith), OR (2) the non-crazies quit assuming that the other side will act in good faith (and the wedge is driven further in).

Randy and his crew will not admit they're acting (or being led by the nose by people acting...) in bad faith, and so fundamentally they won't recognize this problem.

Accordingly, they will ignore that something Biden has absolutely done masterfully is finding some sort of productive lane BETWEEN options 1 and 2 above.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Former Twitter ceo talks about regret of removing trump from the platform. Bad for the world

https://twitter.com/DrLoupis/status/170 ... u_Yrw&s=19
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

when you traffic in misinformation…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

People hurt or killed by Trump's Tweets should have sued.