What happened to the immigration thread?

Ugh.
JKLivin
Contributor

Re: What happened to the immigration thread?

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:44 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:34 pm Would you rather send that money to ukraine?
You people and your false dichotomies.

But yes, I do consider our interests better served by supporting Ukraine's defense as compared with building a wall across our southern border.
What interests specifically?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:46 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:34 pm Would you rather send that money to ukraine?

But yes, I do consider our interests better served by supporting Ukraine's defense as compared with building a wall across our southern border.
What interests specifically?
There are, of course, too many to list. But they include our related interests in weakening the ability of a geopolitical adversary to make war, and strengthening our relationships with allies and partners.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

LOL. Would just love to hear your reasoning
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:04 pm

Then I would encourage you to read the post above this one.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

(Additionally - a wall can't and won't work anyway, so it would literally be a monument to rubes, visible from space, that serves a purely ornamental purpose. You might as well print Ozymandias on each span, just to save some time.)
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

well, to be fair, it will likely do quite a lot…

…to disrupt the natural ecology of the region
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:20 pm well, to be fair, it will likely do quite a lot…

…to disrupt the natural ecology of the region
How is it possible for a wall to not work but also disrupt local ecology at the same time
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:08 pm

So you have no actual reasons. It's just based purely off your political allegiances and stubbornness.

Got it.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

randylahey wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:49 pm

So you have no actual reasons. It's just based purely off your political allegiances and stubbornness.

Got it.
It's this weird Democrat delusion: When they lose an election, it's Russian collusion; when they win, it's legitimate, and anyone who says otherwise is treasonous.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:11 pm (Additionally - a wall can't and won't work anyway, so it would literally be a monument to rubes, visible from space, that serves a purely ornamental purpose. You might as well print Ozymandias on each span, just to save some time.)
An effective wall will require armed personnel atop it at regular intervals.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Got it.
I don’t understand. I gave reasons. If you disagree with them - WEF something, Blackrock something or other, who knows - but I gave my high level reasons.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:56 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:11 pm (Additionally - a wall can't and won't work anyway, so it would literally be a monument to rubes, visible from space, that serves a purely ornamental purpose. You might as well print Ozymandias on each span, just to save some time.)
Then it’s not a very effective wall is it.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:55 pm

Got it.
It's this weird Democrat delusion: When they lose an election, it's Russian collusion; when they win, it's legitimate, and anyone who says otherwise is treasonous.
Sir, this is the immigration thread.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Funny how minority rule due to gerrymandered crap districts and Russian support denial makes psych post in every thread. Several things need to be fixed to get to immigration.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Sparko wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:52 pm Funny how minority rule due to gerrymandered crap districts and Russian support denial makes psych post in every thread. Several things need to be fixed to get to immigration.
Sincere delusion is delusion nonetheless.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I saw one of those in East Germany once, it was fucking awesome. I don't think it's there any more.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

japhy wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:36 pm
I saw one of those in East Germany once, it was fucking awesome. I don't think it's there any more.
Wasn’t that designed to keep people in?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Like wrestling a pig. Every fucking thread
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Did Mexico pay for it?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:37 pm

Wasn’t that designed to keep people in?
Exactly, and it didn't work there either.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.