F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: F the NCAA

Post by pdub »

Again, it doesn't matter anymore, but if the police don't have enough evidence and even do a shitty job trying to gather it, but then something comes to light from external sources that really didn't have much to do with their investigation at all, I think that person should still be able to charged with a crime, despite the failures of the investigation prior.

And if the NCAA had been consistent with pressuring each school equally and then punishing each school openly and with reason then, in this case, i'd be willing to accept their judgement.

But they are wildly not that. And obviously turn a blind eye to a few select programs.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

whatever we get. we deserve.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And I know i've said this before but I think it's pertinent to what might be coming today - I do think we knew what was going on, and anyone who is pretending otherwise needs to take off the crimson and blue glasses and put down the kool aid.

I get why we kept fighting instead of giving in -- because, clown show -- but let's not act like we are true victims here.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Lol. Good job, good effort ncaa.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:56 pm And I know i've said this before but I think it's pertinent to what might be coming today - I do think we knew what was going on, and anyone who is pretending otherwise needs to take off the crimson and blue glasses and put down the kool aid.

I get why we kept fighting instead of giving in -- because, clown show -- but let's not act like we are true victims here.
Setting aside the silliness (which made legal sense) of calling ourselves victims at one point…I think it’s absolutely true that we very much DID suffer from this nonsense.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Just came back to post this important note. For all the debates we had on this topic, for the times most were right and some were wrong.

LOL NCAA
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:19 pm Just came back to post this important note. For all the debates we had on this topic, for the times most were right and some were wrong.

LOL NCAA
Defense lawyers everywhere are overjoyed at the success we’ve had here, by playing the long game.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Always play the long game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We can now be put in the UNC department of keep fighting the ruling and threaten lawsuits and you'll get away with it as opposed to the Oklahoma State's and MIZZOUs of the world who got absolutely reamed.

Three year probation and that is it ( unless there are some fines not mentioned here ).

https://www.si.com/college/2023/10/11/k ... -penalties

"In a decision announced Wednesday, the NCAA’s Independent Accountability Review Process (IARP) led to a downgrade in the severity of the five Level I allegations against the program, ultimately judging this a Level II case. The Independent Resolution Panel gave Kansas a three-year probation, with no effect on the program’s postseason status. Head coach Bill Self, who was initially charged with a Level I violation and was suspended for four games last season, was instead charged with a Level III violation and no additional penalties. Assistant coach Kurtis Townsend, who was suspended four games last year as well, also had his charges reduced from Level I to a Level II and a Level III violation, with no additional penalties. Neither coach faces a show-cause order, which could have been applicable for Level I violations."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Lol

In hindsight was there even any point to sitting Self?

And what was the logic to downgrading the levels…was it flimsy allegations yo begin with?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Well now it appears we ARE vacating wins and a banner, because of Silvio. And that is horseshit. We did everything the NCAA asked in that path. We should not be at risk for their own incompetence or whimsy.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

so which is it? I've seen everything from nothing to...fairly significant
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Does Mich still deserve what he gets? Asking for Okie State and real fans
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:20 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:19 pm Just came back to post this important note. For all the debates we had on this topic, for the times most were right and some were wrong.

LOL NCAA
Defense lawyers everywhere are overjoyed at the success we’ve had here, by playing the long game.
"Bill"able hours 😉😂
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

It looks like the 15 games, the Final Four, and the Conference Championship streak are all gonzo.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

From CBS Sports:

In a long-anticipated ruling, the Independent Resolution Panel (IRP), a judicial board part of the Independent Accountability Resolution Process (IARP), ruled on Wednesday that Kansas men's basketball would have to vacate its wins from the 2017-18 season. That includes removing from official record any formal acknowledgement of its 2018 Final Four appearance, which means the banner inside Allen Fieldhouse commemorating that Final Four appearance will be coming down.

The vacation of wins stems from illegal payments made to former Kansas player Silvio De Sousa.

From the IARP's release: "The hearing panel concluded that apparel company outside consultant was a representative of Kansas' athletics interests beginning August 9, 2017. His actions after he became a representative of athletics interests resulted in two violations in the men's basketball program for the institution. Additionally, the hearing panel also found a violation for the institution related to representative of athletics interests No. 1. The hearing panel found no credible and persuasive information in the case record to support the allegations that the institution failed to cooperate, lacked institutional control and failed to monitor its men's basketball program."

Aside from that, the ruling is a huge win for Kansas, which got its case of five Level I allegations from the NCAA to be reduced to Level III variety in the eyes of the IRP. The program avoided a postseason ban, while head coach Bill Self was assessed one Level II violation.

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

InfiniteJ wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:16 pm It looks like the 15 games, the Final Four, and the Conference Championship streak are all gonzo.
Who cares. We won those games, had that streak and went to the Final Four. Everyone saw them. It's a meaningless change to me. Kansas will pass Kentucky wins again in the next 6 years. It will be fun to chase them down again.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

InfiniteJ wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:16 pm It looks like the 15 games, the Final Four, and the Conference Championship streak are all gonzo.
Fuck that shit
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:03 pm Well now it appears we ARE vacating wins and a banner, because of Silvio. And that is horseshit. We did everything the NCAA asked in that path. We should not be at risk for their own incompetence or whimsy.
BINGO! The NCAA is basically saying/admitting they are/were incompetent.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The vacating wins thing was spiteful. Unfair to everyone on the team too. But anything that hurts the flyover schools.